Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Since ph3n0m is retiring is was wondering who would you like to see as mod

• 20-04-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

So Who would you like to see as Mod

Well 45 votes

Kenton Bomb
    0% 0 votes
    Mr.Nice Guy
    4% 2 votes
    Mossy Monk
    33% 15 votes
    Minto
    11% 5 votes
    Vince
    4% 2 votes
    d1sc0g1rl
    24% 11 votes
    Double C
    2% 1 vote
    Horse Radish
    0% 0 votes
    Fozzy
    0% 0 votes
    Fatal
    20% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ken Shamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

What are you talking about 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

About 3 of those people are actually eligible.

what do u mean bombidol

well for one. you have 38 posts and are new therefore. excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anyone but me. Was a moderator before, never again.

Maybe not anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In the words of Raven, what about me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Mr Nice Guy deserves it tbh, if he wants it that is. Other than that, Fozzy or Vince. I'd be a reluctant candidate too if it doesn't get sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

fatal i think !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

1. You left out Atari Jaguar:eek:

2. You left out me:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

*Gough* Reganio 2 *Cough, Cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Although i think vince would be great at the job, i voted for fatal, why cause every time i see a post with a mod message i go "oh, a mod" and every time i see a fatal message i go "oh. a mod", and i do it every time and every time i see fatal is not a mod, i go " gee, i always think he is a mod". Thats my reason for a fatal vote and not vince. sorry vince.

I would never want the job, ever, unless you had heel mods and i cant see that, ever. If i was a wwe superstar i would pick the option of been a great great heel, in fact a super super heel and maybe one or two short stints as champion, maybe none, i would not care (once i was a great star, bad guy, on tv every week) rather than been a long title run as a good guy.

Keep in mind that this poll means nothing. A mod will be decided with no input from this thread or poll. this is strictly for your own amusement.

bombidol wrote:
    Keep in mind that this poll means nothing. A mod will be decided with no input from this thread or poll. this is strictly for your own amusement.

i kind of reckoned that. It would be stupid to call someone a mod without talking to other mods and looking into their past messages. And ye cant go by a poll in a thread, that would be stupid.

By the way, do ye (mods) all meet up?
    Do ye all know what ye (mods) all look like ?
    How long do ye last as mods?
    Just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Are we putting in one or two mods? No offence to the others listed as mods, but ph3n0m seemed to be the only active mod. Might make moding easier for the new mod, if there was two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Good point Minto, there are officially two mods as well as the cmod but of course bombidol usually only shows his face around here when the issue of moderation crops up. He hadn't been seen in a long time around the time ph3nom was made a mod and surprise surprise, up he pops again as soon as the mod issue arises.

To be honest I'm disappointed to hear that ph3nom is quitting since he has done a great job around here. This is a tricky forum to moderate at the best of times but ph3nom, you did a great job.

Bombidol - what can I say? Perhaps Minto has a point and you should go too - just to make it official as you're never here to do the dirty work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be willing to do it if offered it. I reckon Fozzy would make a good mod though and he was the one I recommended to Ph3n0m.

Thanks to those who have voted for me in the poll. You crazy bunch of jabronis. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Thanks for that Mr.Nice Guy. Although we all know that the only reason any of us got any votes here is because triple h wasn't an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I've been here longer than half these people in this poll :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've applied if theres more than 1 mod going in (which there probably isn't).
    If not, again Fozzy is my choice.

We could always have a shoot fight between Fozzy and Minto today at Easons! Or a Dude Love dance off between everyone!

• Advertisement

Good point Minto, there are officially two mods as well as the cmod but of course bombidol usually only shows his face around here when the issue of moderation crops up. He hadn't been seen in a long time around the time ph3nom was made a mod and surprise surprise, up he pops again as soon as the mod issue arises.

To be honest I'm disappointed to hear that ph3nom is quitting since he has done a great job around here. This is a tricky forum to moderate at the best of times but ph3nom, you did a great job.

Bombidol - what can I say? Perhaps Minto has a point and you should go too - just to make it official as you're never here to do the dirty work.

Haha, I may not post that much anymore but Im still here and always have been.

bombidol wrote:
    Haha, I may not post that much anymore but Im still here and always have been.

You see. I believe him. If you are mod you have to read every post, carefully. Sometimes you may not get a chance to post cause of all the 'careful' reading.
    And what would this place be like if i, all of a sudden, could not post much, cause of my 'careful' reading 'JOB' ???????????

So maybe one mod is all thats needed, i believe bombido when he says he is always around, I reckon if i had 'THE JOB' my post would suffer also.

I voted fatal cause he seems like a mod to me, but i would like to see vince or fozzy get 'THE JOB' and lets not fool ourselves here, it is ' A JOB'

Although i have the knack, like coach, for getting things right and for " calling it straight down the middle". Me as mod would be like Eric Bishoff or Coach running things, i know that would be fantastic, but i am quite happy with my 'straight down the middle comments' and i think some people not only deserve 'THE JOB', but they want 'THE JOB'.

Anyway i would imagine the powers that be would come knocking on my door, sorry i mean e-mail me, begging for me to take 'THE JOB', someone like me does not run for election, someone like me takes it or is asked . If i wanted ' THE JOB' i would get it, just like the business i took care of recently---i was talking in a secret code there as not to insult or pee anyone off. ----it will take hours to crack that code or it may never be cracked.

fatal, fozzy or vince for mod.

We could always have a shoot fight between Fozzy and Minto today at Easons!

If you were there before 3, then I assume you saw the ambulance carting Minto away

triple h, I don't know what to say!

Fozzy wrote:
    If you were there before 3, then I assume you saw the ambulance carting Minto away

I was! Poor Minto.

Hey, so that was Fozzy who hit me from behind. Next time at least tell me your gonna start, a bit on honour would go a long way, lol.
    Seriously I wish I was at the signing today.

Also, who besides myself and Fozzy has actually applied for the mod job?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Couldnt make the signing myself but the fact i'm in the poll is highly flattering! :D

Minto wrote:
    Also, who besides myself and Fozzy has actually applied for the mod job?

I've applied if theres 2 but there probably isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ive applied and suggested it be me and vince together. Whether they listen we will see.

was minto the guy who fainted today at the signing,i've also applied for the mod job

• Advertisement

Yeah, he fainted when he realised I was goin to whoop his ass in the shoot fight that Vince set up between us. I didn't even have to touch him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I vote kentonbomb! He's everything we need in a mod ;)

err right yeah. Mr nice guy, or the foz should get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

triple h wrote:
    You see. I believe him. If you are mod you have to read every post, carefully. Sometimes you may not get a chance to post cause of all the 'careful' reading.
    Just to say this isn't true. I read 95% of posts in Investments & Markets and 100% in Economics, but there are about 5% of posts in Investments & Markets that I really can't be arsed reading because I'm not interested in that particular topic.

As we don't read everything I should mention that if anyone has any problems with any post on any forum, hit the report post button (the triangle with the exclamation mark in it) and mods will intervene.

Wow. Two votes. I feel blessed :).

Congrats Fozzy!

In honor of Fozzy a picture of the Mountie!! A role model of sorts.Mountie.jpg

Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best of luck, Fozzy.

i hope minto or fozzy is mod,fozzy is here longer than mr.nice guy and mr.nice guy doesn't like me so i hope minto or fozzy

kentonbomb wrote:
    i hope minto or fozzy is mod,fozzy is here longer than mr.nice guy and mr.nice guy doesn't like me so i hope minto or fozzy

Fozzy is mod....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

kentonbomb wrote:
    and mr.nice guy doesn't like me

Does anybody in fairness?

Does anybody in fairness?
    why is that exactly

• Advertisement

There could be many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fair play Fozzy on becoming the new mod.

One thing though I have to point out. Kentonbomb got 2 votes as did Mossy Monk...WTF?! Somebody with a grand total of 43 posts managed to get the same amount of votes as somebody with 16,306 posts?! As the hurricane used to say: 'was up wit dat!'

Fozzy, I don't know should I congratulate you or offer you my condolences, lol. Anyway, best of luck!

Kentonbomb got 2 votes as did Mossy Monk...WTF?! Somebody with a grand total of 43 posts managed to get the same amount of votes as somebody with 16,306 posts?! As the hurricane used to say: 'was up wit dat!'

Fixed. I now have three as I just voted for myself.

Congrats Fozzy. I hope you make disrespecting Chris Jericho a bannable offence. ;)
    kentonbomb wrote:

What? I love you, man. I can't believe you would think otherwise. :(

Haha, thanks everyone. I look forward to moderating in moderation, and hopefully not having to turn into board's Mr McMahon too often

"YOU'RE BANNNNNNNNNED!!"

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, thanks everyone. I look forward to moderating in moderation, and hopefully not having to turn into board's Mr McMahon too often

"YOU'RE BANNNNNNNNNED!!"

Ha, and to have the bans overturned you could set up the Mr Fozzy's Kiss My Ass club. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have only returned as of late to reading the Pro Wrestling forum and even though I dont post very often, I can safely say Fozzy deserves this, fair play!

Although I will say that Mr Nice Guy also would have been a worthy mod , I find imo that both of these guys posts are excellent.

Ha, and to have the bans overturned you could set up the Mr Fozzy's Kiss My Ass club. :)

lol, we now know not to get Fozzy angry!!

Willstev wrote:
    I have only returned as of late to reading the Pro Wrestling forum and even though I dont post very often, I can safely say Fozzy deserves this, fair play!

Although I will say that Mr Nice Guy also would have been a worthy mod , I find imo that both of these guys posts are excellent.
    i know, but i post the good threads, without my threads this forum would be stale

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement