Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your Favourite Wrestler Ever

• 15-04-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

well you guys know who mine is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

either stone cold or edge from the wwe era, randy savage or jake the snake roberts from the 80s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Triple H, Flair, Austin, Undertaker.... I can't name a single favorite. But if I had to, i'd say Triple H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Either Mick Foley or Bret Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jeff Hardy. Although when he left and I really kinda went he is not coming back I went for Brock Lesnar but then left and I was all sad :(. But then my favourite wrestler ever Jeff Hardy came back and then I was happy again :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Was a big fan of X-pac back in the attitude era but I think kennedy is my all time favourite already. Honourable mention for the Miz as well

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote:
    Honourable mention for the Miz as well

There's an actual real-life fan of The Miz out there? And they post here?!

Just messin, I'm not tryin to sound smart, but I've got to ask what you like about him. It's just that personally I see nothing likeable about the guy!

Fozzy wrote:
    There's an actual real-life fan of The Miz out there? And they post here?!

Just messin, I'm not tryin to sound smart, but I've got to ask what you like about him. It's just that personally I see nothing likeable about the guy!

He's brilliant in the worst possible way. Also the way JBL interacts with him is class

Haha, fair enough. I've liked a few crap wrestlers in my time, but The Miz is just too bad! I had to laugh at JBL's commentary during Miz's match with Benoit recently, he just sounded so bored and pissed off by The Miz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sting, I don't know enough about much about who is on the telly these days. The Hitman would be up there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

my top 5
    5) stone cold
    4) rock
    3) razor ramon
    2) bret the hitman hart
    1) HHH

itr's true what is said above, that jbl would make anyone look foward to a mizz match. Does anyone notice when mizz says that stupid line 'hu-ra' he looks nerves, its wrote all over his face 'if the crowds dont chant this back what will i do'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Jake The Snake Roberts, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and The Undertaker when I was a kid.

Mankind, Kane and Chris Jericho when I was a teenager.

Now it would probably be Benoit, Angle and A. J. Styles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

has always and to this day remains the order of my favourite wrestlers.

1) The Undertaker

2) Mick Foley

therefore without question their HIAC at King of the ring 98 was my favourite match ever, talk about edge of your seat. Show that match to anyone bitching about it being "unrealistic and fake, acted out by greased up men in sapandex" and see them shut up as they stare in amazement wondering whats going to happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Either Undertaker or Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I couldnt pick my favourite but two that would certainly be up for the running if i HAD to pick would be triple h and bret hart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hitman

I never really got the appeal of bret hart. Compared to his brother or HBK he just had no charisma

I never felt that Bret had a lack of charisma. He could have a brilliant match with anyone and he really made you believe that what he was doing was real

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Bret Hart. I couldnt believe it when he came out on WWF Superstars as the new champ after beating Flair in Saskatoon. (These were the pre internet spoiler days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bret Hart had plenty of charisma, especially when he was a bad guy. He was tremendous in that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i don't know but bret hart was very boring IMO,he took wrestling very serious and there was never a time when he actually did something funny,not saying he wasn't a good wrestler but he was very serious about Wrestling don't you think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Anyone who thinks Bret Hart is boring needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

b.ie polar wrote:
    Anyone who thinks Bret Hart is boring needs their head examined.

Hear, hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

As much as most hated him i liked Goldberg a lot , i just liked the raw power and energy in his matches

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Kurt Angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Million Dollar Man is my favourite of all time.

Favourite of the last 10 - 15 years would be between Scott Hall and Chris Jericho.

People say Bret Hart was the only person to get a good match out of Kevin Nash but Hall had a great series of matches with him when they were feuding over the IC title.

People say Bret Hart was the only person to get a good match out of Kevin Nash but Hall had a great series of matches with him when they were feuding over the IC title.

Shawn Micheals got matches out of Nash too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ric Flair
    Bruiser Brody
    Mick Foley
    The Undertaker
    Kurt Angle
    Chris Benoit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

either HHH, bret hart or steve austin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Foley was mine, whatever the personna, to this day.

Back in the day I also liked Ken Shamrock and Owen Hart.

It's hard to pick current favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

HHH. Good as a face but great as a heel. He's had a few classic rivalries with Austin, The Rock, HBK, Foley. Never boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I tend to like people who work heel very well so current is Edge. But all time would be a toss between Jericho and HHH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I agree with Bounty Hunter

1) The Undertaker

2) Mick Foley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

1. Steve Austin
    2. Lex Luger (yes I am serious)
    3. The Undertaker

pingu_girl wrote:
    2. Lex Luger (yes I am serious)

Explain that 1 to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Luger is a strange one alright.

He was only good as the Narcissist and that's only because of the promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Stone Cold
    HHH
    Edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Ah luger was the man! Its just nobody realised it at the time lol I dunno he was my first favourite wrester in WWF although I had been watching for a while I never liked bret hart or hulk hogan. I guess id still put him in there because it was the time period 93-96 which I enjoyed wrestling the most mainly because I was so young and in fairness he didnt have a bad run in WCW either NWO luger was the ****......

pingu_girl wrote:
    Ah luger was the man! ..

He was Vince's guy there for a while. He was positioned as the next Hulk Hogan. I was always a Bret Hart guy though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭ec18

1.Rock
    2.Y2J
    3.Undertaker (bad ass)
    4.Austin
    5.Foley

My favourite part has always been the mic and build-up to the matches.....not the actual matches.....so I think my top five kinda shows that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Scott Hall. Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bret Hart had plenty of charisma, especially when he was a bad guy. He was tremendous in that role.

Agreed there, as a face he was boring as hell though, same **** on a different night and character wise he became Hogan for the 90s (please bear in mind i said character wise, he was just short from asking kids to say their prayers and eat their vitamins)

As a heel though, he was great. Even in his early Foundation along with Neidhart and Jimmy Hart, he knew how to get the crowd to ****in hate him. So when he and Austin did that double turn in 97, for me, that was a godsend to Bret cos his face act was getting stale. The Anti America/ Pro Canada angle was gold as well, and Bret played off the crowd in both countries week after week.

And i'm not even a big Bret fan by any stretch of the imagination, but i'll give the devil his due. Boring as a face yeah, but his heel days were just class.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

in no order,

chris benoit
    kurt angle
    brett heart
    hbk between 94-97
    finlay
    foley
    austin
    flair

Its a tie between ....

Bret Hart

Dynamite Kid

Joey Abbz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I used to like Mr. Perfect and Rowdy Piper as a kid. Then stoped watching wrestling for a while. Got back into it during the attitude era, was a big fan of Ken Shamrock, used to like Steve Blackman too. Also really liked HHH during his rivalry with the rock in his days as DX leader.

Joey Abz! You never change Dre, next thing you'll be saying he boned Lita ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Papa Shango and Kane(with the mask)
    The Big Boss Man was fairly cool too before he started wearing black, i'll never forgive that evil Mountie for what he did to him with the cattle prod.

Cool_CM wrote:
    Papa Shango and Kane(with the mask)

Papa Shango stank! That gimmick where he made Warrior puke up and bled green blood was just god-awful, even for 1992!

I wouldn't say Charles Wright was underappreciated though, Given how over The Godfather got, including former IC champion under his belt. Not to mention the fact that he got the guts of a 10 year run with the company (with a brief departure in 93 to head to USWA).

VR!

Joey Abz! You never change Dre, next thing you'll be saying he boned Lita ;)
    VR!

Tell me who didnt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

here would be my personal top 10:

1) Stone Cold - he was the "attitude" era
    2) The Rock - the only one who could match Austin for popularity
    3) HBK - because he always puts on the best matches
    4) Bret Hart - best there is,the best ......etc....
    5) AJ Styles - the most exciting wrestler in the world
    6) Samoa Joe - can do things other heavyweights couldn't dream of
    7) Benoit - never has a bad match
    8) Kurt Angle- (see benoit)
    9) The Undertaker - grew up watching him
    10) Eddie Guerrera - sori can't spell properly but liked him since the malenko fued in wcw in 95 - 96

just pipped were Jericho,Jake Roberts,Rey Mysteryo,Christian,Scott Hall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

The Hitman, HBK and LOD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement