Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdwow woes.

Options
  • 20-11-2006 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

On November 6th I ordered Dark Crusade from cdwow because it was the cheapest I could find it on the net. I also had a few €2 vouchers. I sent them two messages a few days later regarding the status of the order (it had been on "Pending Dispatch" for 2 or 3 days). No reply.

I waited.

On the 14th I sent the following email to help@cd-wow.com
    "I made this order on the 6th November and it is still pending dispatch. When can I expect this to be dispatched? It should have been delivered by now."

No Reply.

On the 16th I sent another email.
    "Hello,

This is the 4th message I have sent regarding this order (189129392), so far I have received NO reply. I made this order on 6th Nov, it is now the 16th of Nov and the order is still pending dispatch. When can I expect this order to be dispatched? I am extremely dissatisfied with the level of service thus far."

No Reply.

By this stage I getting really pissed off. I found the email address for the "customer service director" on the site, csdirector@cd-wow.com.
    "Hello,

I ordered made the above order (189129392) on 6th November and it has yet to be dispatched, I used the online form to send two messages enquiring as to when it would be dispatched. I received no reply. Later I sent two emails to help@cd-wow.com, one on the 14th and another on the 16th still I have received no reply. It is now the 17th of November my order is still pending dispatch, and I have received no reply to any of my emails. I am extremely dissatisfied with the level of service thus far."

No Reply.

I don’t know what the hell to do now, they just don’t reply to their emails and the only telephone number on the site is for the cyprus office. My order is still pending dispatch and I have no way to cancel it.

Next time a bargain pops up on cdwow.ie think twice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Interesting stuff.. but am shifting this to 'Online Buying & Auctions', may belong in 'Consumer Issues' either, but it's definitely not bargain related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i had an issue with an order from them a couple of months ago and the first thing i did was ring cyprus. the guy who answered had great english and was really helpful, i got my dvd's 2 days later after waiting a month, so you should ring them asap

edit: since then i have ordered tons of stuff with no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The only thing to think of to do is call the number, that would be a UK call. + 44 (0) 800 051 7046

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

My last two orders from cdwow went missing in the post. They sent out replacements but of all the items I have purchased over the net these are the only two to go missing. They replied to my emails quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Same here, the first ones ever never arrived, I sent them one mail and they sent me 2 new copies of the dvds I ordered.
    I believe they are top notch in customer care in cdwow.
    Some really helpful people me thinks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

i have ordered loads and loads of stuff off them, only had trouble twice, and both times the dvds in question had metal cases, so i'm guessing the airport had a field day with them.

all though now with the fecking mcdonalds ****e a-going on my recent orders took 16 days to dispatch and im still waiting since 04.11.2006 for a game to be dispatched.

p.s.

by the by use www.cdwow.com. not www.cdwow.ie much better selection all you have to do is change price to euros before entering your CC/Lsr card details

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. i only use CDWOW.ie when i've vouchers.. terrible otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 drusilla_rb

pissed wrote:
    My last two orders from cdwow went missing in the post. They sent out replacements but of all the items I have purchased over the net these are the only two to go missing. They replied to my emails quickly though.

Aye, I had this problem also, the item went AWOL in the post. However, unlike your ones, while they said they'd ship a replacement, I was waiting weeks and weeks with it stuck waiting for stock, so I eventually cancelled the order. CDwow were at one point brilliant, but they've seriously gone downhill in the last while. I've been on a part of their website where I clicked the order button, got a warning pop up about regions, and then couldn't get any further! The button to confirm order on the pop up was broken, so I couldn't actually order the items :mad:

I've tended more towards play/blahdvd/sendit for the last while, but what with the customs crack down, I think I'll have to find yet another website to use for cheap dvds. Shops are too expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm having some trouble with cdwow.ie right now too. My account status hasn't changed in the last three weeks, no new orders are showing and one item that has been dispatched is showing as pending. The last DVD I ordered, 13 days ago, isn't showing up and I haven't received a dispatch notice either. As far as I can tell it hasn't been shipped yet.

They seem to have stopped answering emails too, which is kind of strange as I've always got replies in the past.

I might try giving them a ring to see what the status on my last order is.

Just reading the other thread about customs stopping play and cdwow orders there and I'm getting a bit worried. Last DVD that was confirmed shipped was 14 days ago and hasn't arrived yet. I hope it hasn't been stopped as it'll cost me about €12 extra which means it would have been cheaper to buy in HMV! I'll not be paying if it is stopped.

Anyone else having trouble with the McDonalds vouchers too? I have two that won't work, keeps saying the code is invalid. Not impressed with cdwow lately. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yeah,

I'm having the same trouble. My account status hasnt changed in 2 weeks eventhough I have bought and received 6 dvds from them after they stopped updating. Its a bit messy as I have bought 2 using vouders which I would have paid full price for, but I don't want to risk buying them again at full price and ending up with 2 copies as happened a few weeks ago:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement