Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Yes it did get quite windy, it started gusting aroung 40 km/h. I really can't understand how something like that could have formed from a tiny little cloud

Actually there were quite a few of them on monday evening trogdor around the m50 and out over Bray head around 9pm as I was heading south.

I also saw one the other day (posted it here somewhere) down here.

I didn't realize that these are so common

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

:-)
    In the photo below, Croagh Patrick is on the right.
    snowy-reek.jpg

The photo below is Ben Goram, just to the west of Croagh Patrick.
    snowy-ben-goram.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Nice pics Yoda, looks like we could be in for a bad winter and even snow for Christmas :D

• Advertisement

Here's a few of the light covering on the tops of the wicklow mountains today
    DSC_0985-small.jpg
    DSC_0982-small.jpg
    Not sure if you can quite make it out from this picture, but there was a very light dusting on kippure
    DSC_0983-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

You could win a competition with them top two pics.Nice shots.

Snowbie wrote:
    You could win a competition with them top two pics.Nice shots.
    Thanks, don't want to sound arrogant(too late;) ) or anything, but they're nowhere near my best, i should really post some more often. I'll just have a look back through the archive:D, i took some good ones of the snow last march i think.
    Edit: found them:D:D. Sorry for people without broadband, for slowing down the page
    162-small.jpg
    DSCF0389-small.jpg
    DSCF0424-small.jpg
    DSCF0428-small.jpg
    DSCF0435-small.jpg
    kippure-small.jpg
    [IMG]http://www.brayweather.com/images/wicklow_mountains/snow in the distance-small.jpg[/IMG]

Keep them coming trogdor.Great pics.Are these all taking from the Dublin range?

Snowbie wrote:
    Keep them coming trogdor.Great pics.Are these all taking from the Dublin range?
    Yeh, they're all the from wicklow mountains last March

• Advertisement

Thats the Kippure TV transmitter,it base is roughly 26 or 2700 ft asl.

The icicles are great trogdor.
    Imagine during the 80's they were a regular feature at sea level but nowadays,you have to go above 1000ft to see them :(

Yep sure thing tristrame,was a regular occurance from the window sills during the 80s which is the last time i saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not a regular poster here (just lurking), but here are a few from Saturday up in the Wicklow Mountains. Two of the South prison on Lugnaquillia from Corigasleggaun, and one of Kelly's Lough and Carrawaystick Brook, for those that know the area.

lugnaquilliapanoramarskb9.th.jpg20061118141241rssz7.th.jpg 20061118145113rsuw7.th.jpg

Great pictures Alun,
    Very tranquil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Nice pics Trogdor and Alun.. damn i gotta get out and start taking a few.. Hopefully we will get a bit more snow down here, and i'll be heading up the Slieve Mish and Reeks for a bit of snowy hiking...

Oh and here a few weather pics that i thought ye may like from a few stormchasers in usa. Maybe ye have seen this site already--- http://www.extremeinstability.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rainbow.jpg

Mike.

Nice pic, you can just about make out the double rainbow

Two pics here, one of a strange looking cloud from last year, and a pic of Slieve Mish mts with a covering of snow last saturday

pao0pu2.th.jpg

pano1adm6.th.jpg

Great pis also:D, the first cloud is a lenticular i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice pics Takeshi_Kovacs, I prefer the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anvil cloud heads are great ,check this one

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

you sure that ain't the French testing one of their nukes on some island in the pacific...:D

Nice pic all the same, i wouldn't mind taking a plane up and around it

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Wow, must have been one hell of a thunderstorm.

Here's the pics of the first snow in Salzburg on the 2nd of November 2006, it still hasn't snowed again since.
    http://www.brayweather.com/salzburg.html
    Below is a link to the video aswell, might take a while to download but i love it. defineatly now one for someone without broadband though(sorry:(),
    http://www.brayweather.com/videos/NVEExport.0001.mpg

Here is some messing around with a homemade kite we had today.. shows how strong the wind was ..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gW7gofHvvxg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9noBx12SsZk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Would have been better if there was a stretch of beech and do some kite buggying. :p Winds have eased alot now though.

Here's some pics from today and testerday of Floods, waves tree, etc.:D
    DSC_1021-small.jpg
    DSC_1030-small.jpg
    DSC_1036-small.jpg
    DSC_1039-small.jpg
    DSC_1070-small.jpg
    DSC_1075-small.jpg
    DSC_1096-small.jpg

Third pic from bottom is great.. you must have gotten a showering to get that one

Third pic from bottom is great.. you must have gotten a showering to get that one
    Actually i didn't get wet at all, something to do with the way the opening in the wall was. The waves hit it and just went straight up and back down again without throwing any spray outwards. It made for some great video footage along with the hurricane force winds on the Wicklow mountains. I will probablyput a video together over the next week or so.
    Here's the progression of that wave.
    DSC_1069-small.jpg
    DSC_1070-small.jpg
    DSC_1071-small.jpg
    DSC_1072-small.jpg

• Advertisement

Super pics trogdor,I was out in Howth Summit today looking right down at the lighthouse down there and where some mighty waves crashing against the base throwing spray id say from upwards of 100 foot when i found the chance of keeping my footing.Frightenly windy up there.

Advertisement