Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to see older threads?

Options
  • 28-09-2006 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

There was a thread in the 'Sports' forum a while back that I'd like to post to.

It was about Australian Rules Football, if that helps.

It has probably been inactive for a while, so is there any way I can find it and post in it, or should I just make a new thread?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

At the bottom of the forum page is a select box labelled "From The" and a list of options as to how far back your view of the forum goes. Adjust this and you can see the older threads.

You can also change the default setting for this in the User CP.

As to whether you're better to add to it or start a new thread, that depends on the thread. It's bad to have lots of threads on the same topic - because then a forum can fill up with a very large number of threads on the same thing, but also bad to have ancient threads resurrected - if a conversation has run its course, or it's so old that it's likely a good few posters whould have changed their opinions.

It's all a matter of human judgement as to which would be the less confusing to other users. Take the age of the thread and the shape the conversation took (i.e., did it come to a natural tapering off point) into consideration when deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thank you very much, excellent advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement