Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Green Cert

Options
  • 21-07-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey i'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i couldn't find the appriopiate one.

I am trying to go about getting a farming green cert. I know you can take a course runing over a few weeks but this would not be possible for me as i am working. I was told that it can be done online. Is this true? if so does anyone know the website for information. I tried googling it but i couldn't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Dapos wrote:
    Hey i'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i couldn't find the appriopiate one.
    go request a farming forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Training

Basic training of farmers takes 3.5 years with a further 18 months of training to obtain a ‘’Green Certificate” plus 5 months to obtain the “Green Diploma”. Modules 1 and 2 over the 3.5 years cover basic farming skills, developing competency in management and planning. Module 3 (Green Cert) covers farm management. Any person acquiring a holding of more than 30ha, needs a Green Certificate to obtain favourable start-up loans and grants.

from http://www.teagasc.ie/publications/2003/pigconf/paper07.htm

contact Teagasc for more info i would suggest.
    about 20 seconds of google searching.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement