Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms Thread Only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

DM2 im driving up to howth head to see this,must get a good viewing of it from there.Report later,may not need too seen very distant flash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowbie wrote:
    DM2 im driving up to howth head to see this,must get a good viewing of it from there.Report later,may not need too seen very distant flash.

Youve seen a flash, better go check myself:D

Starting to rain here now a bit heavy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

heh, half tempted to drive out to howth meself. im in west dub, nothing sighted here yet. :(

Just got a flash to my south west of me now,bright enough,detector picked it up in south dublin somewhere,anybody see it.

No Thunder

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    Starting to rain here now a bit heavy too.

It must be a different shower, any lightning I dont see any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

has anyone got an accurate live spherics site ?

its not live yet billy but workin on that,when i get my broadband back and get rid of this dial up i will be shown live,but bere with me for now.

Here is a snapshot,moving towards Dublin but i think will hang out at sea myself.

looks like wexford is getting a night light show according to your chart. the meteorologica one shows me underneath a tropical storm even though the sky is clear.

Trust me billy mine is accurate,cost enough i tell you.
    Lots of strikes in wicklow now.Can see them out my window.
    Another interesting development is a cell has become active over tipperary area with a couple of strikes anybody there can confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

think some flashes in south dublin now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thunder here now in meath, surprising coz it was a cool day all day, wore a jacket into town:)

Snowbie wrote:
    its not live yet billy but workin on that,when i get my broadband back and get rid of this dial up i will be shown live,but bere with me for now.

Here is a snapshot,moving towards Dublin but i think will hang out at sea myself.

I agree, I dont see it hitting Dublin, too much of a Northeast pull on it, that said we may see the flashes or hear a rumble or two of thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

was fishing the quays in wexford then the sferics started. I had enough stupid accidents in my time so that was the end of the fishing..! :D

http://www.calligrafont.com/john/stormjuly2/

IMG_0119.JPG

Must be over EM ceann now.Can see strikes south of me clearly with no thunder as yet.
    Here is the shot of strikes over wicklow and tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thunderone

Hey All!

Thunderstorm kicking off here in Laois (central) now also 0000hrs. Some cloud claps of thunder(3 in 3 minutes). Will keep you posted.

This is no surprise really with the muggy air at present

edit at 0005hrs...Guys I think this may be a big 'un!Standby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

defo some flashes in s dublin.. no thunder or rain yet though

darkman2 wrote:
    I agree, I dont see it hitting Dublin, too much of a Northeast pull on it, that said we may see the flashes or hear a rumble or two of thunder.

You must of seen flashes by now DM

There is one that looks like it was south west of me, however I have seen nor heard nothing

• Advertisement

Defo over north wicklow now

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Astro1996

few very loud rumbles here in south dublin just now

*tallaght

Lads post your locations please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭highdef

Had a quick look out of my bedroom windown in D13, not too far from Snowbie and saw a very distant flash to my east northeast. My bedroom faces mortheast and I can see the aircraft warning light at the top of Howth hill to my east south east but nothing in that direction.......YET

We got lightning now:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light thunderstorm here in meath, nothing special tho, just rumbles and the odd flash of lightning

darkman2 wrote:
    We got lightning now:D

Hooray DM,i thought you were looking in the wrong direction. LOL:D
    Another interesting one over laois has dublin wrote all over it too.
    What you think look at radar and my shot.;)

Snowbie wrote:
    Hooray DM,i thought you were looking in the wrong direction. LOL:D
    Another interesting one over laois has dublin wrote all over it too.
    What you think look at radar and my shot.;)
    LOL so did I:D Im goin off to enjoy this, will report back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

We never get thunderstorms down her in Kerry :(. The last time I saw a good thunder and lightning storm was in France. I was speaking with a person from Estonia and she said whenever there is bad weather there is always thunder and lightning. Why don't we get any here?

• Advertisement

thunderstorms normally only effect the UK and eastern half of Ireland in warm summertime conditions afaik, I cud be completely wrong tho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement