Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 Live trouble

• 27-04-2006 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Got a new 360 there 2 weeks ago, and xbox live worked until 2 days ago. its failing to connect to the "Xbox live" test in the test connection setting, it wasnt geting past the MTU settings until i bumped it up to 1500.

i've pinged the ip the xbox is trying to connect to on my laptop, which is on the same connection and it fails, but when i traceroute the ip it gets there, even if very slowly.

i'm goin mad, the web play is one of the best features on the xbox, does anyone have a solution at all at all??

i've included a txt file with the traceroute on it from my laptop, just incase your all having trouble with the xbox live servers

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

got bband and it wont even connect.microsoft said talk to eircom and they will tell you how but they didn have a clue. just need the mtu to 1500 but how dye do that????!!!

tanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

got mine fixed after a lot a messin,

go to 192.168.1.1 in firefox, the config page for your router, and the MTU settings should be in there somewhere! what router do ye have??

have a netopia wireless modem mod no. 3347nwg-eir.. provider is eircom

then go to 192.168.1.254 and the mtu settings will be in expert mode i'd say, if ye cant find it have a quick google, and if you still cant let me know, i've the same router at home

Still not working. Eircom got me to go through commands in telnet and when I go to key in 1500 for the MTU settings it comes uo "ERROR: value [1500] is above limit <1492>..must be another way to do it. Went into expert mode but couldn see anywhere to change the settings. E-mailed Netopia but haven got a reply. Keyed it into Google but got nowhere. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. Would really appreciate if you could help. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fitzini

IXM1980, I went through the motions with the Netopia modem. I'm not familiar with the error message you're getting and I'm not sure how far you have gone.
    Make sure the NAT Services have Xbox Live Games added, and then the username and password you need to enter is Eircom / Broadband1 I think.
    You shouldn't have any other issues but let me know and I'll see if there is anything I can do for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

I'm having the same problem. Mate just got his BB installed. He's using Netopia 3347 wireless router. He also has his PC connected. The internet on the PC works fine. I tried to connect to xbox live and it says theres an update that the xbox needs to download but it just errors out once it trys to start the download. I also tried to connect the Xbox and PC together using Window media connect. The PC can see the xbox but the Xbox can see the PC. I have the Xbox live NAT service added.
    Anybody any ideas?

have you got windows media connect installed, thats how you access your pc from the xbox.

let me have a look about the netopia mtu settings, and i'll get back to ye

I have the latest version of Windows Media Connect and the Xbox appears under devices but the Xbox can't connect to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ANTO D10 DUB

check your firewall setting make sure it's on low .

• Advertisement

Still getting X-Box connection failure when trying to upgrade.Have a funny feeling it could be the MTU settings. Still cannot change the MTU settings in the Telnet mode. In Custom Services have changed Service Name to X-Box Live Games and the NAT option as well to X-Box. Gona change firewall settings to low and see what happens...... How did you get the connection working??

Ok changing firewall to low does not make a difference. Whats happening now is that when i'm testing the X-Box live connection its now failing on the MTU settings.I'd say once i set these to 1500 it will prob work but how dye do that?? Can you change the settings through expert mode and if so, how??

best thing to do is to have a look around the routers setting, i'll do it when i'm at home the weekend, but if you wanna fix it quick then your best bet is to just have a wander around expert mode.

make sure of these befre tho:

The Xbox uses ports 88 (UDP), 3074 (UDP) and 3074 (TCP). make sure these are enabled in your NAT settings.

make sure your firewall is set to LOW

ring eircom on 1890 260 260 (8am-10pm) if you've any more trouble, those of us without netopia routers cant really help you any more than we already have...

Got it working at last. Tanx to everyone who replied!!!

ixm1980 wrote:
    Got it working at last.
    Could you share the details. What setting is causing all of this hassle?

Ok what you need to do is go to Custom Services and select "X-Box Games" as Service name and enable it. For the NAT settings which is the option just below it click on the box and the X-Box address will appear. Again enable this. Th big and STUPID mistake which I was making was the Firewall option. Go to Firewall settings and select LOW. Go to save changes and save. Thats why it wouldn work for me. I was selecting LOW but that was it. I was'nt saving it!!!!!!!!!!!! In the end it was nothing to do with the MTU settings.. well lets hope so anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm having the same problem. Mate just got his BB installed. He's using Netopia 3347 wireless router. He also has his PC connected. The internet on the PC works fine. I tried to connect to xbox live and it says theres an update that the xbox needs to download but it just errors out once it trys to start the download. I also tried to connect the Xbox and PC together using Window media connect. The PC can see the xbox but the Xbox can see the PC. I have the Xbox live NAT service added.
    Anybody any ideas?

Click on 'Expert Mode', (Click ‘Yes’ to enter the expert mode)

click on configure

click on 'connection' and on the last line of this page there is a check box that says ‘UPnP’. Un-check this and click the ‘Save Settings’ button.

reset it and your away!

Advertisement