Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Mutant dish sighting

Options
  • 25-03-2006 4:51pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry lads about picture quality i took this from my phone. I saw this dish today in an estate at the back of Tesco in Gorey as i was fitting sky at a house near to it.The 60cm dish was fitted to the lnb arm {which was bent at an angle} of the 80 cm dish.........Grotesque

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Gross, who is doing these in Wexford?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sweet jesus, are they allowed to even do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I say another fair mutant yesterday myself. I was at a house where the old Sky Analogue system was used for years and whatever muppet Installed Sky Digital just came along ripped the cable of on the old analogue Lnb and joined it to a new bit of cable and ran that cable to the new Sky Dish around the corner of the extension. The Extension having being built had totally blocked the old dishes reception. The cable was thrown all over the place no clip or nothing. I was help onto the Analogue Dish mount with a cable tier and ran clothes line style up to under the apex to where the new Sky dish was located. I'd say there are some muppet installers out there tbh. Like joining the cables is a big no no for purists out there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭satworld

wierd dish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

scaller wrote:
    Sorry lads about picture quality i took this from my phone. I saw this dish today in an estate at the back of Tesco in Gorey as i was fitting sky at a house near to it.The 60cm dish was fitted to the lnb arm {which was bent at an angle} of the 80 cm dish.........Grotesque

Ye Gods No!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It'll never last! That's mental that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I don't understand. Are they trying to breed them, or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i live in gorey ,might go have a loot tomorrow is it just me or this there 2 dishes

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

weeder wrote:
    i live in gorey ,might go have a loot tomorrow is it just me or this there 2 dishes
    It's in Millgreen {red brick house's}at the back of Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

That's bound to be worth sending the Bill Wright's website for his Rogues Gallery!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Dish sex.
    A boards.ie exclusive.

Talking about mad installs. Just out on the main road they have installed the dish right up on a window ledge, nothing really wrong I suppose, but it kinda blocks the view out the window.

Advertisement