Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lingfield 3.00 Wednesday 20th July '05

Options
  • 20-07-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I just got a tip from a mate for Spectait in the 3pm at Lingfield today. Follow this horse, if it doesn't win today it will win in it's next three outings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I notice this one's entered all over the place in the next few weeks. Memories of Fall In Line last year are immediately coming back with this one. In it's first handicap today, it's probably very well handicapped.

With Mark Prescott's now famous antics I wouldn't be surprised to see this one win 3 or 4 races within a few weeks. The value is gone in the price, It's 2/1 from 7/2 earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I managed to get on at 9/2 earlier. First handicapper alright. Can't wait to watch this race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

good call :) ....didnt back however!!!

Drifted just before the off..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

great call indeed...altough I didnt back it.

would have but saw this thread at exactly 3pm.

keep them coming though sjones.

Great price in the end, it drifted out to 5/1 on Betfair.

I guarantee it will be stepped up in distance to around 1M 2 furlongs and will run again under a penalty in 2 or 3 days and will go off at odds on.

Well done sjones for pointing it out.

• Advertisement

Don't thank me at all guys. T'was fade that gave me the tip but he couldn't make it to boards.ie today so I posted it for him. Follow this horse!

masterK wrote:
    I guarantee it will be stepped up in distance to around 1M 2 furlongs and will run again under a penalty in 2 or 3 days and will go off at odds on.

Well what do you know, looks like I was right. it's going again today in the 4:35 at Wolverhampton and is 4/6. Up to a mile today, and will be stepped up to 1M 2 on Sunday at Pontefract if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

masterK wrote:
    Well what do you know, looks like I was right. it's going again today in the 4:35 at Wolverhampton and is 4/6. Up to a mile today, and will be stepped up to 1M 2 on Sunday at Pontefract if all goes to plan.

I dont know mate. I was thinking of laying this one.
    and backing Polar Sun to have its maiden win today.

had every chance last run out and also seems to like the dirt. the step up in weight has me cautious though.

era screw it.

Polar Sun e/w
    Spectait LAY

deed done.

I'm by no means saying that this will win although I wouldn't lay it either.

It's got nothing in the form book to justify it's price, however this is the type of thing Prescott is famous for. He gives these horses 3 easy races to get a nice handicap mark, then runs them every 2 days in order to win as many races as possible before they are reassessed by the handicapper.

I hope it gets beaten, I hate to see trainers get away with this type of carry on.
    It's a no bet race for me.

The price is horrible, absolutely horrible. It's not worth it for me. I was going to put big money on it if the price was right - but it's not. I'll watch the race and I'll be cheering the horse on, however I will have no money on it whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

masterK wrote:
    I hope it gets beaten, I hate to see trainers get away with this type of carry on.
    Exactly, yet some people think he's a "genius" for what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well he won i backed him at evens on the fair :)

ill be on him next time too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I was just going to suggest that double......Incroyable won with maximum ease on saturday....spectait SHOULD complete the hat trick

Spectait wins again :)

Advertisement