Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoops! Truck For Sale (slightly damp)

• 18-11-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

Found this on a Dutch site but its of an Irish harbour somewhere (Galway? Anyone?) Its self explanatory and its quite a sequence but might be 56k unfriendly. So for you people at the back, cars and trucks NOT float...

Splashh!!

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hehe. I like.

Eep.

Look at picture number three. Note the people standing on the rear right hand side of the truck (left hand side to us). Particularly the young guy standing right on the edge looking at the car.

Now look at picture number 4. Where are they gone? They would clearly have been standing where that truck has just flipped to, and if you compare the positions of the boats in the mid left-hand side of the picture, at the back, not that much time has passed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Are the boats in motion though?

It's like the photographer knew what was going to happen. I'd imagine he was raging the bigger truck didn't go in trying to lift truck 1 and the car together, just to complete the sequence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Seamus, if you look closely you'll see that yerman in the brown jumper standing at the edge is well back in the next shot, to the left of the guy in the white tshirt.

Looks to me like they put the forward stabiliser too near the quay wall, and it either slipped or the quay wall disintegrated.

Sure twas only a Civic anyway, they should've left it there. The world'd be a better place if more of 'em were driven into the sea. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

seamus wrote:
    Eep.

Look at picture number three. Note the people standing on the rear right hand side of the truck (left hand side to us). Particularly the young guy standing right on the edge looking at the car. ....

Gotta love No6 - everybody lined out on the harbour wall looking at the truck. You can just imagine the converasation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dahamsta wrote:
    Sure twas only a Civic

Eh, Adam its a Corolla van. But it won't be missed either - I hope its owner is safe and is planning a less boring replacement....

Be nice to Civics, 10,000 neds can't be wrong. :D

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

interceptor beat you to it about 4 posts down :)

Truck for sale, slightly damp.....

Any idea where it happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

lol, excellent. bet that was the talking point in the village pub for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

Bleedin muppets. I can just see it now " Jaysus lads me car just went into the dock would ya fish it out", no need to put the stablisers down that'd take to long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He has indeed! He doesn't have the pics in his though!

Thats cos he was thinking about 56kers Dave!

all I can say is

OH MIJ GOD *STRIJK*!!!!
    Jeeezus dit maak je toch niet mee!
    als je dit vertelt gelooft NIEMAND je!

I'll tack the threads together.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

OMG cant believe theres pics of this online!
    I was there when this incident happened... infact I would have been right beside the camera-man... goes to show how observant I am!

To clarify, it happened at Roundstone Pier, Conemmara, Galway.
    What happened was...
    Fella who owns the car is a right eejit. He was parked facing the pier, parked right up against the edge. He was rolling a joint in the car, etc, etc... Not realising he hadnt put on the handbrake. He got out to smoke his doobie away leaning against the car happy out then *splash* in goes the car...
    Tow truck comes along to try and take the car out, that goes *splash*

It was quite a funny scene I must admit and the fella who owns the car felt the right eejit because theres only a population of about 100 people in the village... you can imagine the talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

With the first truck look how close the stabiliser is to the edge of the quay wall :eek: A real Laurel and Hardy job.

In fairness the stabiliser probably needed to be that close otherwise the crane wouldn't have been able to reach the car.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Pure. Classic. Comedy. Genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Eh, Adam its a Corolla van.
    Ah feck, so it is. I was looking at the front lights: Is it just me or are they fierce like a Civics?
    Be nice to Civics, 10,000 neds can't be wrong.
    Ah they're a great car, I've just never fancied them meself and the Baseball Hat Brigade give them a terrible name for muppetry.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    He was rolling a joint in the car, etc, etc... Not realising he hadnt put on the handbrake. He got out to smoke his doobie away leaning against the car happy out then *splash* in goes the car...
    You can see the Gardaí leading this guy around the local primary school with blown up photos. "Don't do drugs kids." ROFL.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mike65 wrote:
    als je dit vertelt gelooft NIEMAND je!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

excellent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Anyone see the guy standing on top of the car in the very first picture? Looks kind of strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

I guess that the guy standing on the car is the tow truck driver - lashing the lifting chains/straps around the car.

Interesting that the car has no front reg plate ?
    Could have fallen off I suppose.........or was he delivering a new car on trade plates - now that would be funny !

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

eBaum just posted this sequence on his site under funny pics but has a fake 11th pic. Compair it to pic 5

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/truckwater.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Tsk, it was funny enough as it was - they went and overdid it. Damn yankees...

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

They should expect a strongly worded letter in the post from solicitors representing Michael Long & Co. Truck and Crane Hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1sttruth

i'm from r-stone.i know who took the pictures.i know the driver of the car in fact i was in his car the night before that morning and what your saying is complete horse sh#t.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

A 6 year old thread brought back to life...... Is this a record....? ...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

laros wrote: »
    A 6 year old thread brought back to life...... Is this a record....? ...:D:D:D

Pity all the links to the pics are dead, anyone got fresh links?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

As all the links are dead, how does this person know what pictures we are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do-more wrote: »
    Pity all the links to the pics are dead, anyone got fresh links?

Google is your friend.

invest4deepvalue.com