Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim Cards COMP128v1 or COMP128v2??

• 15-09-2004 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hey can any one tell what type of sim cards we use here (O2 Meteor Vodafone) are they COMP128v1 or COMP128v2?? or how can you tell??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Chances are they use a mix of cards. I think operators buy cards in blocks from whoever makes the best offer at the time.

Also according to this web site http://www.nowgsm.com/supersim.htm you can also use this rule of thumb

# SIM cards issued before JUNE 2002 most likely are COMP128v1 SIM cards
    # Phone book capacity more than 250 entries most likely are COMP128v2 SIM cards

you could also ring up your operator and ask?

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 90s

whizzbang wrote:

# SIM cards issued before JUNE 2002 most likely are COMP128v1 SIM cards

J

Would this mean sim card issued after june 2002 would be V2? got all mine updated this year 04 to the 32k ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

90s wrote:
    Would this mean sim card issued after june 2002 would be V2? got all mine updated this year 04 to the 32k ones

I'm just quoting that web page but I think it is probably a safe bet to assume you have the V2. Also I don't think there were any 32Kb SIM cards pre June 2002.

Have you tried the other indicator of the number of possible enteries in your phone book?

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 90s

Yeah meteor is 200 vodafone is 250 not sure about 02 I might just get the scanner and give it a try... Cheers for your help dude

My O2 SIM, obtained in July 2003, can hold 250 entries in the phone book and 40 SMS messages.

Its really slow though, takes about a minute to get ready after the phone is powered on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement