Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭josip

The Audi guy was wrong but I don't think the tipper guy was just asleep.
    At 0:45 when the Audi brake checked him, he indicated left.
    I thought he'd woken up and was going back to the left lane, but then he cancels and remains in the right lane. I think he was only going left initially to undertake the Audi.
    At 0:53 the Audi indicates left and 3 seconds later moves into the left lane.
    At 0:59 the tipper moves into the left lane and 3 seconds later indicates.
    Why did he want to stay in the right lane for an extra 15 seconds with a brake checker in front of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

****ing prick. Soon to be an organ donor with glowing eulogies and die-ins held in his honour.
    [/QUOTE]

I was expecting to see the Wilec prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

kingtut wrote: »

I was expecting to see the Wilec prick!

That's what I thought too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

kingtut wrote: »
    ****ing prick. Soon to be an organ donor with glowing eulogies and die-ins held in his honour.

I was expecting to see the Wilec prick![/QUOTE]

That was him! After all those videos he was told to cycle into the office in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

josip wrote: »
    The Audi guy was wrong but I don't think the tipper guy was just asleep.
    At 0:45 when the Audi brake checked him, he indicated left.
    I thought he'd woken up and was going back to the left lane, but then he cancels and remains in the right lane. I think he was only going left initially to undertake the Audi.
    At 0:53 the Audi indicates left and 3 seconds later moves into the left lane.
    At 0:59 the tipper moves into the left lane and 3 seconds later indicates.
    Why did he want to stay in the right lane for an extra 15 seconds with a brake checker in front of him?

exactly, I think this started before the start of the video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »

http://www.ad.nl/nieuws/deze-wegpiraten-werden-veroordeeld-op-basis-van-dashcambeelden~aba76cc8/

Page has a clip that plays 3 recent events caught on dashcam that ended up by the police taking action based on the dashcam footage. 1 of them the clip of the facebook page

1st clip: 240 hours community service
    2nd: Attempted manslaughter (not sure if correct term for "poging to doodslag")
    3rd: The quoted facebook clip resulted in the 71 year old woman driver losing her license.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

It would fit with typical behaviour for both tipper and Audi drivers. The only thing the tipper driver did wrong was to be a bit slow, the Audi was agressive and dangerous.

The absolute last thing I would do is undertake there though, because the tipper moves left and you have to back out of the undertake, you then have an Artic ready to hit you. The only thing more stupid would be to brake test a truck, but that didn't stop him.

And Audi brakes are better than truck brakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RustyNut wrote: »
    And Audi brakes are better than truck brakes :D

In fairness there didn't seem to be any ago when they got out so not to sure she was actually brake checking him. They were coming into a bit of traffic at the roundabout and the truck was going to have to stop anyway, so IMO she pulled in front of him a bit quick but I do think he was going to fast

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Didn't seem he went too heavy on the brakes and maybe even came off them a bit too, like he wanted to teach her a lesson?

I remember I slipped into the left lane a little late but still safe coming to a roundabout too, but someone behind me slipped in too late between me and the guy behind and ended up going into the back of me and they drove off :mad: This is before Dash/rear cams though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

she didn't pull in until the 100 metre marker and still stopped three car lengths short of the line despite a push from the truck. No trucker could do much about someone cutting their brake distance down by 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Not a cam but there was a high failure rate here

https://gfycat.com/AnchoredDeficientAardwolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Ridiculously stupid overtake done by a Warsaw Taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Isambard wrote: »
    she didn't pull in until the 100 metre marker and still stopped three car lengths short of the line despite a push from the truck. No trucker could do much about someone cutting their brake distance down by 50%

Anticipation is king and he failed on it he should have no problem stopping in that distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭GustavoGaviria

From earlier today. The Newbie needs some work on his observation skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

^^^^^^ but the N driver isn't at fau...... Ohh :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

My dashcam fell off a few weeks ago with the temperature changes, just received new 3M double so will be turning it back on tomorrow. I've missed a lot of dodgy drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

^^^^^^ but the N driver isn't at fau...... Ohh :P

SHe seemed to be happy to drive over his bike until he stepped in front of her to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

As tragic as it would be, I think I would die laughing if the the noobie driver flattened him after. Anyone know what that little cycle lane thingy on the side of the road is for btw? Seems like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps had their mind on their NCT :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I hope you stayed and offered the cyclist your name and details. The fact you have it on camera could cut out a lot of hassle for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭josip

gutteruu wrote: »
    As tragic as it would be, I think I would die laughing if the the noobie driver flattened him after. Anyone know what that little cycle lane thingy on the side of the road is for btw? Seems like a good idea.

A lot of the times they're sh1te ideas, in very poor condition, badly designed and occasionally obstructed by Noobies.
    The cyclist that got knocked off was probably going straight ahead at the junction with the Howth road and decided to take the lane to prevent the kind of dangerous cutting across that can even be seen in Google street view.

hvtnogR.jpg?1

The cyclist's mistake was to not completely take the lane and he allowed enough space for the dangerous cretin in the silver car to try to squeeze past and presumably clip his handle bars.
    I sincerely hope he reports the driver to the Gardai and that they take appropriate action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Anyone know what that little cycle lane thingy on the side of the road is for btw? Seems like a good idea.

The N driver was nudging out, so cyclist was out of the cycle lane to avoid this. The car that hit him was totally in the wrong though.

Basically no one was winning prizes in that clip.
    N(oob) blocks cycle lane, cyclist goes very wide (if he was in the cycle lane to begin with), lane changer wipes cyclist out.

N(oob) should have flattened the bicycle because then we could have edited Benny Hill music in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Every cyclist in the country should be made to sit down and read your post so they can understand the ignorance and poor attitude they are up against. Frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭GustavoGaviria

kceire wrote: »
    I hope you stayed and offered the cyclist your name and details. The fact you have it on camera could cut out a lot of hassle for the guy.

The cyclist was not injured and the driver went immediately to his aid. By time I passed they were re-chaining the bike. So I emailed the footage to the local Garda in the event either party reported the accident.

The Male Polo driver didn't encroach on the Cycle lane until the cyclist past.

As is common practise in Ireland on crossings, the Polo was sticking his nose out:

7caf943cc1cdeb5d81ebe592e8e262af.png

You wouldnt be safe cycling in that lane with the nose of the car sticking out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The cyclist was not injured and the driver went immediately to his aid. By time I passed they were re-chaining the bike. So I emailed the footage to the local Garda in the event either party reported the accident.

They've gone beyond the stop/yield line and have encroached. From your angle it mightn't look it, but from side on it's enough to cast doubt that they wouldn't stop at just nosing in. It's a common occurrence.

Fair play for reporting it to the Gardai at least. That's going to hurt later for the cyclist, but it could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

Weepsie wrote: »
    but from side on it's enough to cast doubt that they wouldn't stop at just nosing in. It's a common occurrence.

I think that much is nearly certain considering the Polo driver was totally oblivious as to what was happening a few feet away from him!

Gotta love that little wave to the taxi driver for letting him out.

c0hXRKY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Nothing spectacular, just a few clips from the last few days.

Audi with poor lane discipline on a roundabout.
    Another in England with very poor lane discipline, though I was more pi$$ed off with them doing 35-40 in a 60mph zone, but still, she kept drifting left, had to have been on bebo or whatever!
    The car transporter, I saw him indicating and probably should have backed off, but I had just overtaken a car, and was about to be overtaken by a hot hatch. I also didn't see the car merging which is why he needed to make such a drastic move.
    and for 2 days i've seen literally hundreds of new BMW's driving up that road to the docks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement