Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance - 25plus.ie - €35 off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MarkR wrote: »
    You don't happen to have it in a handy list? Mines coming up in a a couple weeks..

It's literally two clicks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rosscoe

I have had the worst experience with this company. I took out insurance & then bought a new car. I have tried contacting them to change the car insurance to the new car but they are ignoring all of my messages & they do not answer the phone. Stay a million miles away from this company. I have posted a letter of cancellation but they are probably going to ignore that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rosscoe wrote: »
    I have had the worst experience with this company. I took out insurance & then bought a new car. I have tried contacting them to change the car insurance to the new car but they are ignoring all of my messages & they do not answer the phone. Stay a million miles away from this company. I have posted a letter of cancellation but they are probably going to ignore that also.

Have you tried the online chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rosscoe wrote: »
    Holy sh1t...joined nearly 7 years ago and waited all this time to have a go at this company with your first and only post. Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im ditching 25plus after 3 years with them, my insurance went up by €200 this year :mad:

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »
    Im ditching 25plus after 3 years with them, my insurance went up by €200 this year :mad:

Have you got quotes elsewhere? My misses policy went up about the same and is now 500 the next cheapest I could get was 1600.

All policies are increasing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ted1 wrote: »
    Have you got quotes elsewhere? My misses policy went up about the same and is now 500 the next cheapest I could get was 1600.

All policies are increasing.

Shop around- and don't assume that any company is more expensive or cheaper- than any other company. I had insurance with 25+ up to last September- and following a call around- getting a series of quotations from 8 different companies etc- I got my best offer on fully comp from FBD. Prior to 25+ I was with Aviva- and come September again- looking at current quotations- Axa are rather bewilderingly offering me the best quote (I know quotes are only good for 30 days- I spend coffee break once a month seeing who can offer me the best online quote).........

I'm also the same type of person who hasn't stayed with the same gas/electricity supplier more than 12 months ever, either.........

Shop around- and don't make assumptions that any particular company is better or worse value than any other company- there are deals to be had out there for people who are willing to put in a little bit of effort to go hunt them out.

Shop around- and don't assume that any company is more expensive or cheaper- than any other company. I had insurance with 25+ up to last September- and following a call around- getting a series of quotations from 8 different companies etc- I got my best offer on fully comp from FBD. Prior to 25+ I was with Aviva- and come September again- looking at current quotations- Axa are rather bewilderingly offering me the best quote (I know quotes are only good for 30 days- I spend coffee break once a month seeing who can offer me the best online quote).........

I'm also the same type of person who hasn't stayed with the same gas/electricity supplier more than 12 months ever, either.........

Shop around- and don't make assumptions that any particular company is better or worse value than any other company- there are deals to be had out there for people who are willing to put in a little bit of effort to go hunt them out.

I shop around but from what I'm seen is that no insurance companies are actively looking for new customers as all quotes are ridiculous high

I get staff discounts on my Elec but move gas, health insurance, house insurance every 12 months.

I shop around but from what I'm seen is that no insurance companies are actively looking for new customers as all quotes are ridiculous high

I get staff discounts on my Elec but move gas, health insurance, house insurance every 12 months.

Get actual quotes- and use one quote to try to get a better price from another company- and their quote to get a better offer from another- and so on- cascade effect......... It does take work- but it pays off.........

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

code is still working - happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

code is still working - happy days :)

Yes, meant to thank the OP..
    25 plus were cheapest for me again this year, and the code sweetened the deal :)

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yes, meant to thank the OP..
    25 plus were cheapest for me again this year, and the code sweetened the deal :)

Don't automatically assume they're the cheapest- I got fully comp from FBD for a hundred less than 25+, even with the voucher. Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Don't automatically assume they're the cheapest- I got fully comp from FBD for a hundred less than 25+, even with the voucher. Shop around.

I did, not exhaustively mind, but only Axa were anywhere close, but with less cover..

Its4women / 25plus are quoting me just under 500 - FBD are quoting 1040!!!!
    Tried as many as i can think of and they are cheapest by a long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Find Bank of Ireland pretty good. Was €400 last year and only went up by €40 this year. Other insurance companies looking for at least €900. Most people I talked to didn't know they did car insurance, I think they are relatively new so worth checking if you haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

About 18 months ago I got quite a few quotes online prior to my insurance coming up for renewal. I got a quote of €475 from the AA (insurer would be Axa) and also an identical quote directly on the Axa website.

The following day AA rang me and offered me the cover with Axa for €400 which I took. Less than half an hour after that phone call (and subsequent agreement on cover) Axa rang me and long story short the best they could do for me was €440.

So dealing with the company directly was potentially going to cost me €40 extra. But bear in mind that the AA were still getting their cut out of this which I believe is in the region of €50 - €60. When the AA deducted their slice of the cake from my €400 something in the region of €340 - €350 would then have been paid by AA to Axa. In real terms Axa basically tried to screw me for the guts of €100 extra for dealing directly with them.

It just goes to show the sheer amount of bad practices, profiteering and dare I say it, scamming, that is prevalent in the insurance industry today and sadly us motorists are compelled under law to run with it.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Find Bank of Ireland pretty good. Was €400 last year and only went up by €40 this year. Other insurance companies looking for at least €900. Most people I talked to didn't know they did car insurance, I think they are relatively new so worth checking if you haven't.

Where you with them last year? I find companies are not bothered looking for new business so quotes are much higher

Where you with them last year? I find companies are not bothered looking for new business so quotes are much higher

And they are not willing to do any loyalty offers either for staying with them - i was told by its4women to go find a cheaper quote and show them it then they'd consider looking into it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

And they are not willing to do any loyalty offers either for staying with them - i was told by its4women to go find a cheaper quote and show them it then they'd consider looking into it!!
    I got a cheaper quote off its4women than 25plus last year. They wouldn't match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Jet Black wrote: »

I found BOI good last year and went with them for €407, they were a good deal cheaper than any alternative. Renewal quote however came in a couple of weeks ago for €691 and they wouldn't budge even when I told them I got cheaper elsewhere and would be moving. Circumstances unchanged and a perfect customer with full NCD, 0 penalty points etc so no logic as with the disparity of the quotes below:

123.ie - €478
    BOI - €691
    FBD - €842
    25Plus - €957
    Allianz - €1093
    Axa - €1230
    Kennco - €1239
    Chill - €1539
    AA - €1552
    Liberty - €1633
    AIG - Won't quote
    Aviva - Won't quote

That's just for TPFT, absolute madness and a proper pain having to ring 10+ companies every year answering the same questions to be given those sort of quotes.

• Advertisement

That's for TPFT?
    I pay less than the 123.ie - €478 quote- for Fully Comp- with FBD.........
    Moral of the story- really is- shop around........

Why on earth are your quotes so high?

I found BOI good last year and went with them for €407, they were a good deal cheaper than any alternative. Renewal quote however came in a couple of weeks ago for €691 and they wouldn't budge even when I told them I got cheaper elsewhere and would be moving. Circumstances unchanged and a perfect customer with full NCD, 0 penalty points etc so no logic as with the disparity of the quotes below:

123.ie - €478
    BOI - €691
    FBD - €842
    25Plus - €957
    Allianz - €1093
    Axa - €1230
    Kennco - €1239
    Chill - €1539
    AA - €1552
    Liberty - €1633
    AIG - Won't quote
    Aviva - Won't quote

That's just for TPFT, absolute madness and a proper pain having to ring 10+ companies every year answering the same questions to be given those sort of quotes.

Have you tried its4women? I know it's the same as 25plus but i got different quotes from them....

That's for TPFT?
    I pay less than the 123.ie - €478 quote- for Fully Comp- with FBD.........
    Moral of the story- really is- shop around........

Why on earth are your quotes so high?

Not the moral of my story as I shop around exhaustively every year. With the 123.ie quote I've even gone to the extreme of determining that the number of days in advance that you purchase your policy from has a significant impact on the quote price (something I've raised with 123.ie and which they couldn't logically explain).

It's not like I'm driving a 5 litre super car either or under 25. Car is a 2007 2.0 petrol Volvo S60 so don't see the logic for such rip off quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

irishgeo wrote: »
    I got a cheaper quote off its4women than 25plus last year. They wouldn't match it.

Exactly the same for me around a month ago, they're the same company as far as I can see!

Not the moral of my story as I shop around exhaustively every year. With the 123.ie quote I've even gone to the extreme of determining that the number of days in advance that you purchase your policy from has a significant impact on the quote price (something I've raised with 123.ie and which they couldn't logically explain).

It's not like I'm driving a 5 litre super car either or under 25. Car is a 2007 2.0 petrol Volvo S60 so don't see the logic for such rip off quotes.

Closer to the date or further away from the date being the better price??

I was wondering myself if there is a certain time of the year that was better than others as mine being in April it is always a huge increase to the previous year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Bank of Ireland are competitive also and I noticed today you can spread the cost over the year at no additional cost.

I got mine with Acorn insurance today,worked out cheaper than 25plus.ie.
    Best I could find around after hours of calls and online quotes.
    If I need to change every year , I will , money better in my pocket than theirs.

Closer to the date or further away from the date being the better price??

I was wondering myself if there is a certain time of the year that was better than others as mine being in April it is always a huge increase to the previous year!!

Optimal time is to purchase insurance 12 days prior to the cover start period. Massive disparity in quotes depending on how far in advance you want to start cover as shown with my quote graph below. Completely illogical since it's a year long annual cover and 123 could explain why there was such variations in the premiums.

200s8de.png

Optimal time is to purchase insurance 12 days prior to the cover start period. Massive disparity in quotes depending on how far in advance you want to start cover as shown with my quote graph below. Completely illogical since it's a year long annual cover and 123 could explain why there was such variations in the premiums.

200s8de.png

That's crazy!! 11 days til mine is due now - i will start the search again so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Voucher Code Still works. Used it for my renewal this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Sleepy wrote: »
    Voucher Code Still works. Used it for my renewal this morning.

The code still works with itsforwomen.ie also. A new policy with them was over €160 less for me than a renewal with 25plus.

I loathe the Irish insurance industry, hate having to spend a day each year giving all these ba$tards my details just to get a bunch of offensively high quotes.

And at the end of it all I am getting the exact same policy from the same underwriter with the same company just under a different marketing brand, but if you don't go through this nonsense you are sure to have your loyalty in renewing taken advantage of.

Advertisement