Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone familiar with Ring Video doorbell

Options
  • 25-10-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a ring video doorbell installed in my home. When I was emailed an offer to upgrade to the Ring Pro at a discount I took it. When it arrived it was missing the "Pro power kit" that links in with the home chime and instead got a little plug in wireless chime. I emailed them and they said -

because of the average household in Europe not having enough power to power the Ring Pro with the Pro Power Kit. We had to change the orders that were shipped to Europe, to have a Pro Power Cable and Ring Chime, I am showing the Ring chime was added to your order. Here are the instructions for bypassing your house chime with the Pro Power Wire that was provided.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/210205703-Installing-Ring-Pro-Directly-to-a-16-24-VAC-Transformer-Without-a-Doorbell-US-

Does this make sense? I don't know much about electrics but I might just return it now considering if it can't be linked to my house chime like my original ring doorbell it's not much use at all

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes you need 16v to 24v transformer but we use 12v here and it's 12 V - 24V with on the standard Ring one

You can buy a 16V traffo on Amazon

I spoke to the guys in ring and they assured me that it works just like the original except it has no battery and you need a 16-24V traffo

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Stoner wrote: »
    Yes you need 16v to 24v transformer but we use 12v here and 12 with on the standard one

I spoke to the guys in ring and they assured me that it works just like the original except it has no battery and you need a 16-24V traffo

That's great thanks il look into that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Did you have to send them back your old one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Did you have to send them back your old one ?

No it was just an offer for a discount on the Pro for being an early adopter when the original came out

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nadeise

Hi,

I was thinking of getting one of the 'Ring' doorbells. I have a couple of questions, maybe you can help...

1. Do you need planning permission in Ireland to install a video doorbell?
    2. Are there any issues with recording of the public from a Legal point of view?

Thanks
    N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

nadeise wrote: »
    Hi,

I was thinking of getting one of the 'Ring' doorbells. I have a couple of questions, maybe you can help...

1. Do you need planning permission in Ireland to install a video doorbell?
    2. Are there any issues with recording of the public from a Legal point of view?

Thanks
    N

I'll refer you to this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102754967&postcount=101

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmcdaidie

Looking to buy a 220 - 16VAC 1AMP bell transformer in Ireland. I can only see one on Amazon and it seems overkill as it's nearly 1kg in weight and can has two outputs of 16VAC 1AMP. Has anyone purchased a transformer for Ring Pro in Ireland? I know Ring ship this now for european customers. It looks like a neat transformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭paulbok

Yes you need 16v to 24v transformer but we use 12v here and it's 12 V - 24V with on the standard Ring one

Hi BK, looking to check that this is the right transformer for the pro?
    k3b1p0.jpg

Looks OK to me?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

paulbok wrote: »

I think you are looking for Stoner here, not me! :p

bk wrote: »
    I think you are looking for Stoner here, not me! :p

Just testing.. :o

Paging Stoner, paging Mr Stoner please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

k3b1p0.jpg

Looks OK to me?

Yes i have the pro and that is the right transformer

beanian wrote: »
    Yes i have the pro and that is the right transformer

Cheers Beanian, wanted to be sure I have everything before getting the electrician in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Cheers Beanian, wanted to be sure I have everything before getting the electrician in.

And for stability get him to use the 24V option on that transformer.

Advertisement