Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a Cracked iPhone 6 Screen Repaired

Options
  • 05-09-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

I would welcome suggestions :(

Getting another phone/contract/brand is not an option, so please, I only want advice/feedback pertaining to getting a cracked screen repaired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cormac... wrote: »

Getting another phone/contract/brand is not an option, so please, I only want advice/feedback pertaining to getting a cracked screen repaired

Try the guy over the art framing shop opposite the library on Grand Parade. Found him very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Cracked mine today, gonna give it to these guys

www.shattered.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mrpdap

Cormac... wrote: »

Atmac.ie
    Penrose Wharf

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Techmaster in Paul St. Near. Woodford's.

Phone them up and they will give you a quote. Used them before and found competent and reasonable.

They don't open until about 10 am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Got a Samsung a5 screen fixed by the fella on the tramore road.cheapest I could find.phone worked perfectly after, til I lost it.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

I just got a screen replaced in by the guys in the GSM centre on Patrick's Quay, no complaints & grand to deal with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Try http://www.ielectron.ie on cook st

Always sorted me out

Nukem wrote: »
    Try http://www.ielectron.ie on cook st

Always sorted me out

Just for fun I used their online quote system to check on a replacement screen, came out €49 more than I paid in the GSM centre!

opus wrote: »
    I just got a screen replaced in by the guys in the GSM centre on Patrick's Quay, no complaints & grand to deal with.

Just to close the circle on this & maybe to stop someone else getting burned, the phone (an LG) died on me a few weeks back, took it back to the GSM Centre where I was told it was unrepairable. Anyway I contacted LG who told me to send it to their Irish repair partner. Did this and was a bit disappointed to hear back that they wouldn't touch it due to an earlier botched repair job, their comment is below:
    Yes, it looks like there are shields missing from the mainboard and the IMEI label is also missing.

So something to be aware of if you're using these phone shops, you're kissing any official repair goodbye. My guess (& it's only that) is that the missing shielding was probably the reason for the phone's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I got my iphone 6 screen repaired in GSM two weeks ago, broke it in a bad drop. I had dropped it loads of times before, it took a very bad drop onto tiles to smash it.

A week after getting it repaired, first drop onto wood floor - screen smashed again. They're obviously using a replacement screen that is significantly inferior to the original. Not recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

There are 8 types of quality for iPhone screens, I did a recent study of quality screens used here in Cork and they are all using the lowest and second lowest quality. There is so much competition that companies attract the customer with price, and sadly that is what people want. So to those people saying "these guys did it for 20€ less!! but suddenly it dropped and cracked easy!!" I must say you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Put a tempered glass screen protector on once you get it fixed. I've never had a screen crack since using the screen protectors, only the screen protector itself.

Also the screens are easy enough to fix yourself. Both my OH and my brother have fixed their own screens.

Everywhere in town would have the same screens I'd say. Fonemaster on Patrick Street seem to be the cheapest. And they are good at fixing other phone issues too.

Advertisement