Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I do that all the time!

Pun intended? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

These "Have you ever been to......" threads! Just fúck off and use the Travel forum or something

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Stupid questions, people who play dumb, and anyone who baby talks to another adult. It's not endearing or cute, it's annoying as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Not having enough superlatives when making small talk with people. I'm not good at small talk. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I feel guilty whenever Surreptitious posts about not smoking cos I'm still smoking even though I said I'd give up.
    Fair play though..you''re doing great!

TA'd that I thought I was finished my Christmas shopping but other half reminded me I had one more present to get for a friend and I'd completely forgotten!

• Advertisement

What the hell has happened banks in the past three months?! (my last time in one)

I just walked into the Bank of Ireland in Montrose/UCD and it was all upside down, full of machines and snugs of various sort where customers sat on their own. I looked for the cashier and not a sign of him/her. Two auld fellas were there and they were both fiercely bemused at the comings and goings of this "bank". They were looking under the enclosed things to see if they could see human feet and if they belonged to a BofI official. We had no queue; the three of us were down the back at the wall standing up chatting and looking around as if it was 1980 and we were at mass. I then noticed a BofI official walking around and going into the people in said snugs.

Finally, one of these elusive BofI people approached me and I explained my atm card was missing and I just wanted to withdraw cash the old-fashioned way. She looked at me pitifully and explained that they don't deal with actual cash in the bank anymore. And that this is the new Bank of Ireland way since last month. This was 15:50 and she said I had 10 minutes to find another bank that is old-fashioned enough to deal with actual money as we used to understand it.

I drove up to Blackrock, made it in the door at 15:59 and was delighted with myself to have made it just before the weekend closing. To my horror that branch, too, was taken over by machines. A man appeared and explained, again with kindness, that what I was looking for belonged to an old time - yes, a definite Oisín i ndiaidh na féinne moment! - and I would now have to wait until next Monday to find a bank branch which actually gives people cash.

Time to raid my coin jar this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The woman that was talking to or explaining something to Sean O'Rourke this morning and "you know" was said after every 4 words, I hope she listens back to it and notices it herself, bloody irritating,

And the Australian one that squawks the news at you on Radio Nova, good Chr!st tone it down, read the news to me please, not squawk it at me......am I getting irritable now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that I feel guilty whenever Surreptitious posts about not smoking cos I'm still smoking even though I said I'd give up.
    Fair play though..you''re doing great!

TA'd that I thought I was finished my Christmas shopping but other half reminded me I had one more present to get for a friend and I'd completely forgotten!
    The main reason was I was living somewhere I couldn't smoke. I'm able to smoke again so we will see how long I last! Here's hoping.

My whole body aches from hauling stuff and the kitchen is a mess but I've work to do so will have to wait until tomorrow. It's a tough life. My screen is filthy as well, can't see the words I'm typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Everytime I light the stove recently there seems to be a down draught..the whole house fills with smoke and it stinks the place,we'll be carted off with smoke inhalation shortly .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Truck drivers who park in quiet areas but leave their engines running for no reason. Now, I know some trucks need the engine running to power refrigeration or cranes - that's not what I'm talking about. Today we had atruck parked near our house, in a residential area, delivering a sofa to neighbours. Half an hour of loud idling and fumes, and for what? They didn't even use a lift on the back.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When you start to eat a bag of Doritos (or the equivalent Aldi brand for the peasants among us), the length of each crisp is directly proportional to the amount of dip that is available within the upper half of the jar.

As you make headway into the bag, the fully formed crisps in the upper half are replaced by the broken excuses for 'Doritos' in the lower half. These half sized crisps are now also directly proportional to the amount of dip that is left in the jar.

This causes me to rub my fingers against the inner sections of the jar while trying to reach the fruitful bottom, which leaves an unavoidable mess.

Sigh. My life is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Feckin houses on Grand Designs House of the Year. They all look like barns on the outside, and unlived in on the inside. Clinical boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Colser wrote: »
    Everytime I light the stove recently there seems to be a down draught..the whole house fills with smoke and it stinks the place,we'll be carted off with smoke inhalation shortly .
    A spinner yoke for the chimney, worked for my next door neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

TA'd at myself.

Why oh why did I watch Zoolander 2?!

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

bnt wrote: »
    Truck drivers who park in quiet areas but leave their engines running for no reason. Now, I know some trucks need the engine running to power refrigeration or cranes - that's not what I'm talking about. Today we had atruck parked near our house, in a residential area, delivering a sofa to neighbours. Half an hour of loud idling and fumes, and for what? They didn't even use a lift on the back.

This really used to annoy my father too. We lived at the bottom of a cul de sac, and every weekend the lead singer in a local band used to park his van outside our house for an hour or so (around 3am or 4am), with the engine running. After a few weeks my father got pissed off and went out to tell him to eff off home with himself, only to discover that lead singer was banging the arse off one of his backing singers, which lead singer's wife would not have been happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

in movies when theres like -10 degrees snow everywhere and they are speaking with no white breath clouds :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Scented candles that may as well just be called candles because I certainly can't smell them. :/
    I wouldn't mind but it's a Yankee one!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Teenagers.

I almost forgot how much I hated the little sh1tbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

We forgot to leave the bins out on Thursday night for collection on Friday. They are 90% full and won't be collected again 'til the 30th. Crappity Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

"And now on UTV, Midsomer Murders where you can expect scenes of violence." On a series with murders in the title? Getaway! As opposed to those non-violent murders. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Articles on Facebook seemingly offering nutritional or medical advice, only to plug their products/business way down in the blurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

People who remain seated in a buggy area of the bus when a buggy gets on.

People who nearly knock people on.crutches over ...due to rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

selous wrote: »
    The woman that was talking to or explaining something to Sean O'Rourke this morning and "you know" was said after every 4 words, I hope she listens back to it and notices it herself, bloody irritating,

And the Australian one that squawks the news at you on Radio Nova, good Chr!st tone it down, read the news to me please, not squawk it at me......am I getting irritable now..

There was a fella on Joe Duffy a week or two ago and he kept saying 'You know'. I was gonna smash the radio off the wall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

heartburn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Scented candles that may as well just be called candles because I certainly can't smell them. :/
    I wouldn't mind but it's a Yankee one!

You might be able to bring it back to them. I read about Yankee recalling some candles due to glass shattering.

TA at having a sore throat for about 6 weeks, a mild dose of the sniffles this weekend which I took Sinutab for. Taste buds still not 100% but that doesn't stop me eating crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

mansize wrote: »
    heartburn :(

I have it now. Throat feels like there's lava in it. My own fault really, too much beer and rich food yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Annoyed that I'm not on me holidays yet. Feels like we should be off already. Just feels wrong in work today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

mewe wrote: »
    Annoyed that I'm not on me holidays yet. Feels like we should be off already. Just feels wrong in work today
    You can sense the pace has slowed at work, yet I don't finish till Friday......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A guy I'm friends with copies nearly everything i do for his girlfriend.

He asked me "about those dangly yokes" I wear. I tell him my Alex and ani bracelets. Next thing I'm inundated with snapchats from him of ones he's buying her.

Brought her to my fav hotel after I mentioned being there and how good the bridal suite was. Requested the suite.

I mentioned how much I loved a certain set of body products, guess what? He bought her lots of it for Xmas.

I wouldn't mind so much if we had similar styles. We don't. She's hoodies, runners and jeans. I'm dresses/skirts and heels. She prefers cross body bags, I love big huge fit the kitchen sink into them handbags. For her birthday, guess what he ordered? A huge bag from river island after I said it was nice.

It's so annoying, it's really bothering me but i know it shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mewe wrote: »

I'll be in work and Christmas eve and Christmas day, you'll be grand :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement