Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court experience

Options
  • 08-10-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, a while ago I was stopped for talking on the phone while driving and got a ticket. I completely forgot all about it and it went out of my head. Then I get a letter that I have to go to court about the ticket. The case was during the week and I have to say I was terrified about what would happen. I never got a ticket before. There were a few cases before mine. One was a lady who lost her ticket and couldn’t find it. Another one was an old lady who drove in a bus lane because she was running late. The Judge dismissed both of their cases, so I thought just be honest about what happened and the truth will set me free. When my ticket was called, I explained that I was moving house and I honestly just forgot about it. So the judge fined me 100euros and I have penalty points on my license. I thought this was a bit unfair as the other tickets were dismissed. I listened to a few other cases before I left and the judge dismissed every single time a person said that they never got a ticket in the post.<<Mod deletion>> One guy left the court with a big grin on his face. I was furious when I left the court.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Someone driving in a bus lane is an annoyance to everyone else who queue normally to get to where they are going, while not allowed, it's hardly life threatening,

Driving while using a hand held mobile phone, is extremely dangerous, and therefore any punishment must be severe, as to continue to do so, will potentially put many lives at risk.

Advertisement