Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Cat - Blackrock Area

Options
  • 17-04-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just putting this up there in case anybody has some information that may help.

I live in Blackrock on the Skehard Rd. and the past two nights a young black cat with no collar has been around our house - it's not belonging to our neighbors, doesn't have a collar but doesn't appear to be a stray - very friendly by all accounts

We've fed it and took a few pictures just in case but just said I'd put it up here on the off chance somebody knows of a situation where a friend, relative etc. has lost a cat?

We haven't held onto it or anything but I can close on guarantee it'll be around again, given that we gave it a bit of food and from it lurking around the past few nights anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh did I see a pic on facebook for this chap.. There seems to be an awful lot of strays around.. Have you checked to see if his microchipped. The vets next door to the animal care place in mahon will check for you.
    Well done for looking out for him or her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh did I see a pic on facebook for this chap.. There seems to be an awful lot of strays around.. Have you checked to see if his microchipped. The vets next door to the animal care place in mahon will check for you.
    Well done for looking out for him or her
    I haven't - it was my housemate who was looking after it and petting it, I was busy making dinner.

When he checked online to see where he could look for missing notices he didn't get very far. I said I'd chuck it up here just in case.

I doubt it's microchipped tbh - doesn't have a collar but I can check if it comes back by taking it to a vet....the only worry would be the cat freaking out in the car down!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is it a long haired black cat? If so, I spotted it near Mahon golf course yesterday afternoon. I was admiring it so I hope you find its owner.

Faith wrote: »
    Is it a long haired black cat? If so, I spotted it near Mahon golf course yesterday afternoon. I was admiring it so I hope you find its owner.
    No short haired really I'd say - lovely looking cat though all the same!

Munster lost and found on facebook is great for posting and the acs... Darn I saw a post up of a black cat gone missing but I cant find it I shall search some more incase it might be him if you need any help bringing him to the vets let me know ive nought to do for the weekend

• Advertisement

No different cat sorry

No hassle, cheers for the info Milly!

Advertisement