Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitman courses

Options
  • 11-04-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am looking for advise on Pitman courses. Has anyone done them, know someone who done it, how did they find it, is there a point or are they any good?

I want to do some sort of administration up-skilling course to become little more employable...

Any feedback at all much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭maroon

Bump? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I did pitmans in 1980, I never needed it since. By the time I worked, most bosses used dictaphones and so I never needed it. I also used to use a telex machine a lot and you don't see them any more either If you want good office skills concentrate on your typing and get up to date on a computer office suite.
    A second language would be handy too.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭maroon

I appreciate the response. The course I am about to start covers MS Office quite a bit, as well as some bookkeeping and typing speed improving.

I was really wondering if employers recognise Pitman's certs. Just curiosity at this stage as I intend to take this course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RachelS32

Hey guys Im thinking of doing a Pitman course in PA diploma, does anyone know anyone who has done it? whats it like etc? thanks

Advertisement