Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Toric Contact Lenses online?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a website which sells 'Toric contact lenses' please?

I know there are a number of website to buy standard contact lenses, but because of the shape of my eyeball, I need Toric contacts.

I need somewhere that delivers to Ireland and doesn't charge a fortune for the products/shipping.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I have bought from opticalinstitute, yourlenses and lensbase without any problems and they all sell toric lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Yeah pretty much any website selling contact lenses supply toric or astig lenses. What brand lenses are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for your replies.

I am using 'Focus Dailies All Day Comfort +6'.

+6 is the strength I need, but I cannot seem to find that strength anywhere online, I can only get them up to a +4.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Focus Dailies All Day Comfort aren't toric lenses, they're standard spherical ones.
    Any toric daily lens doesn'tcome above a +4.

Thanks Daisies.

These are the lenses I currently use and according to the woman who works in my opticians (she's the opticians wife) said these were toric lenses.

I've included some pics, so maybe they can be of some help.

Front of the box
    120720100301.jpg

Strength of the lenses
    120720100311.jpg

Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

No they are not toric lenses just standard spherical lenses. Toric lenses have a cyl and axis value plus the tab with the prescription on the edge of the box is in green.

endplate wrote: »
    No they are not toric lenses just standard spherical lenses. Toric lenses have a cyl and axis value plus the tab with the prescription on the edge of the box is in green.
    Thank you very much.

I don't know what yer wan was talking about so, she must have confused me with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Having trouble finding lenses with correct base curve and diameter, Im 8.7 on my prescription in base but majority seem to be 8.6, any ideas folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

youngblood wrote: »
    Having trouble finding lenses with correct base curve and diameter, Im 8.7 on my prescription in base but majority seem to be 8.6, any ideas folks?

What lenses are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Apparently 8.6, focus dailies are the nearest daily contacts for my prescription.

Might be worth noting for future buyers that your contact lens prescription issued by your regular opticians for toric lenses might not be your exact prescription as each prescription is so unique they often get a lens closest and most comfortable for your astigmatism.

In my case, my contact base curve prescription is 8.7, but the nearest daily toric lens for me is 8.6, so there ya go

Find out something new everyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

youngblood wrote: »
    Apparently 8.6, focus dailies are the nearest daily contacts for my prescription.

Might be worth noting for future buyers that your contact lens prescription issued by your regular opticians for toric lenses might not be your exact prescription as each prescription is so unique they often get a lens closest and most comfortable for your astigmatism.

In my case, my contact base curve prescription is 8.7, but the nearest daily toric lens for me is 8.6, so there ya go

Find out something new everyday!

Just on this one youngblood, my box says BC 8.5 but I want to buy these ones here however the BC available is 8.7

Will that screw it up if I took them do you think?
    The ones that I have are acuvue moist but I want to try the ones in the link.

Appreciate the advice
    irish

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just on this one youngblood, my box says BC 8.5 but I want to buy these ones here however the BC available is 8.7

Will that screw it up if I took them do you think?
    The ones that I have are acuvue moist but I want to try the ones in the link.

Appreciate the advice
    irish

The biofinity are made from a stiffer material than acuvue moist and as such will fit differently on the eye. If you want to change to biofinity I would suggest having the fit assessed by an optometrist first. You can then also see if you prefer the feel of the different material.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Hi All.

I know this is an old thread, but it seems my prescription is now such that torics are a necessity for me, rather than an option.

My local Specsavers gave me the guff that their deal on their toric lenses is best, and that toric lenses bought online are inferior to theirs. I doubt this is true, and suspect it's nothing more than a ploy to take my money.

My lens boxes are at home, so I can't say now what my prescription is, but I imagine there are plenty of online shops selling quality toric lenses - where has great prices, good range covering most/all prescriptions, quality lenses, reliable service & shipping?

I used to use Daysoft (I recommend them) for my non-torics, but they don't do torics.

Thanks,

Mark

Advertisement