Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Phew! !!!!! Aged me ten years there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

UL's came out yesterday. I knew Mary I couldn't be that efficient! :pac:

Any ideas when other timetables will be up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

kittycati wrote: »
    Any ideas when other timetables will be up??

Exams start May 6th, so............ May 3rd? :D

Ha ha ha!!! True!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Woops my bad everyone! Yeah everything is getting panicky for us 2nd years. Assignments due in next two weeks...we've our exams in week 12 and then 3 weeks of placement. I'll be a happy happy man on May 16th :rolleyes:

Woops my bad everyone! Yeah everything is getting panicky for us 2nd years. Assignments due in next two weeks...we've our exams in week 12 and then 3 weeks of placement. I'll be a happy happy man on May 16th :rolleyes:

You def will. .crazy times ahead but goes really fast!!

I know! :eek: Can't believe it's week 9....of my final semester. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Following basic instructions seems to be a problem for an awful lot of people. Cant sit with a space between each person despite being told numerous times to. Not to mention all the times they have don't an exam like this before. :/

Exam timetable up

• Advertisement

Exam timetable up

Cant see it :/

Exam timetable up

UGH!! :mad:

On the plus side..... last summer exams everrrrrrrrrr!!:D:):D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Best of luck to all those with final year exams!!! thank goodness I don't have any!!

five weeks to go and it's all over.

Four years went so fast.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Bet ye to it!!!! :)

Those in 4th year, what's your plan of action after you graduate? Job? Masters? Travel? Stand outside the dole office and cry? :D

Those in 4th year, what's your plan of action after you graduate? Job? Masters? Travel? Stand outside the dole office and cry? :D

Taking a year out, I think. Trying to save for a 2 year masters in UCD is no mean feat. :eek:

How about you?

Taking a year out, I think. Trying to save for a 2 year masters in UCD is no mean feat. :eek:

How about you?

I'm not far off 30 :eek: so I'll be looking for work and checking out my options for a masters next year. I've already done the travelling thing so there'll be no bumming around Europe or Oz for me. :(

What's the masters in? Or will you give your identity away if you say?:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well, as a slightly more mature student.... I'm hoping to do either a masters or another follow on course - fingers crossed. then of course hope for work!

very envious of those who intend to travel..

• Advertisement

I'm not far off 30 :eek: so I'll be looking for work and checking out my options for a masters next year. I've already done the travelling thing so there'll be no bumming around Europe or Oz for me. :(

What's the masters in? Or will you give your identity away if you say?:p

Hoping to do something along the lines of planning and urban design!

@MISUoffice: Will the new campus on O'Connell avenue be open for the new academic year?

I swear to god I could make a few grand off the laptops holding seats in the library.

Only in Mary dry would it happen!

What's the story with people doing it? I think a good 50% of seats were held today but empty. Its possible just to move the stuff out of the way?

It's so that people can do some work, go home/go to a lecture and still have their stuff in a guaranteed seat when they came back...a lot of my friends did that...sometimes from open until close...yeah my friends are c*nts :P personally I couldn't do work in the library this semester the las few weeks. The quiet room in the IT lab was quieter, cooler, less distracting and you were more likely to get a seat funnily enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

+1 on that, the library has been roasting some days! Last week I got a seat just outside the library doors, up behind the vending machines. It's been my favourite place to work since :o

@MISUoffice: Will the new campus on O'Connell avenue be open for the new academic year?
    This ones new to us :-)

What's the story with people doing it? I think a good 50% of seats were held today but empty. Its possible just to move the stuff out of the way?

http://www.donedeal.ie/parking-for-sale/free-seat-in-mary-i-library/6711235

Just spotted this online lol.. for anyone stuck?....

• Advertisement

This ones new to us :-)

Fair enough! :pac:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/former-limerick-convent-sold-to-mary-immaculate-college-1-5384495
    THE HISTORIC building at Mount St Vincent on O’Connell Avenue in Limerick has been sold to Mary Immaculate College by the Sisters of Mercy.

The Limerick Leader understands that sale is due to be closed in the coming weeks, and the businesses currently using the grounds have been told to move out by September 1.

However, a spokesperson for MIC said legal issues regarding the sale are still being finalised, and the cost is commercially sensitive.

In an earlier statement, the college said it was delighted to announce its intention to acquire “a major property which will enhance its city centre campus”. The former Mount Convent complex from the 19th century is a protected structure adjacent to the college and covers approximately 4000 square metres.

The college said they will possibly use this new premises to bring all postgraduate activities together into one space and “to significantly advance provision in this area”.

“From a strategic perspective, the extension of the estate will bring the campus footprint onto O’Connell Avenue, the main city thoroughfare, raising the profile of the college as a prominent physical feature of Limerick city and, more importantly, as integral to the currency of the wider community,” they stated.

The nuns moved from the convent building in 2008 to a new purpose-built complex adjacent to their former home.

2mqp20o.png

Ah ok we see now. The story is from 2013, the building they speak of is Mount Saint Vincent (the convent building across the road). This has already happened and some of the building is already in use by post grads and staff whilst the remained is still being renovated. The complex (which does have access from O Connell Ave) is more or less an extension of the current campus.

Hope this clears up some of the mystery of the new "campus" ;-)

@MISU Office, any chance of some more study rooms? Usually Mary I waits till the end of April before allocating spaces but surely it could be done now? And, like, more than just one room in the Foundation Building. 3 or 4 dedicated rooms wouldn't go amiss.

*written from my laptop, balancing on my knee, on a chair in the library with no table*

@MISU Office, any chance of some more study rooms? Usually Mary I waits till the end of April before allocating spaces but surely it could be done now? And, like, more than just one room in the Foundation Building. 3 or 4 dedicated rooms wouldn't go amiss.

*written from my laptop, balancing on my knee, on a chair in the library with no table*

We've been trying for the last week to block book some rooms for ye as we are aware things are getting a bit hectic in the library unfortunately the college has no rooms to offer us until Thursday 17th as everything is booked out for orals etc we can't even get a room in Summerville. While we cannot block book there my be free rooms dotted around the place for an hour or two during the day, we know it's not very conducive to be moving around every hour or so but it may be a temporary measure if you need to get away from the library.

Apologies the response isn't more positive but we'll continue to work on the situation.

Ahoy hoy, anyone know what distance you cover if you do a lap of the pitch? Ta!

Ahoy hoy, anyone know what distance you cover if you do a lap of the pitch? Ta!

They have a list up by reception in the Tailtann. Cant, for the life of me, remember though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

~465 meters, according to Google Maps :)

They have a list up by reception in the Tailtann. Cant, for the life of me, remember though.

Cheers, I have a look tomorrow. :)
    131spanner wrote: »
    ~465 meters, according to Google Maps :)

D'uh! I should have thought of Google Maps!! Thanks. :)

Yeah apparently it's 460m...it's definitely bigger than your standard running track.

Yeah apparently it's 460m...it's definitely bigger than your standard running track.

No wonder I die a little every time I go around it :pac:

No wonder I die a little every time I go around it :pac:

If you google Mary I running track up comes 460m and then 480m so I'd say the trundle wheel is the only way to find the right answer :P

But yeah definitely, I did athletics for years and you definitely notice that extra bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 care_bear

What is the QCA mark for a first class honours? Writing up a CV and want to include my current QCA..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

3.4 and above...

care_bear wrote: »
    What is the QCA mark for a first class honours? Writing up a CV and want to include my current QCA..

3.4 and over.

Great minds and all that... :)

Now I'm curious to check mine again. But I can't seem to log into the www.si.ul.ie page. It's just the usual password for getting on to the computers in college, yeah?

micstudent/1234567
    Password

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thought it was a 4 digit password for the SI page.

An File wrote: »
    I thought it was a 4 digit password for the SI page.

I thought so too but that doesn't work for me either. Im on my phone though, maybe that's a reason??

ETA on the site it says 'Mary I students use their portal account to log in'. I dunno what that is!

3.21am - entered my student no. with no micstudent prefix and the 4 digits and logged on straight away. Weird, I'd tried that already.

No the si.ul.ie password is different than the password you have for moodle/lan/computers...happens me every time around exams to get it reset!!

On another note, us second years are on placement atm and they took down the School Placement moodle page with all the documents etc. There's absolute war over it atm...surely an IT error, they'd hardly pull a fast on like?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

You can change it from a four digit password though im sure it doesn't have to be...I'm 100% sure mine is the same as my LAN and Webmail password.

Either way, I tried every option last night and it just wouldn't let me log in. But then after a few hours I could. I've had the same 4 digit password for that website since I started Mary I so I dunno what happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement