Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Ah ok we see now. The story is from 2013, the building they speak of is Mount Saint Vincent (the convent building across the road). This has already happened and some of the building is already in use by post grads and staff whilst the remained is still being renovated. The complex (which does have access from O Connell Ave) is more or less an extension of the current campus.

Hope this clears up some of the mystery of the new "campus" ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

@MISU Office, any chance of some more study rooms? Usually Mary I waits till the end of April before allocating spaces but surely it could be done now? And, like, more than just one room in the Foundation Building. 3 or 4 dedicated rooms wouldn't go amiss.

*written from my laptop, balancing on my knee, on a chair in the library with no table*

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

@MISU Office, any chance of some more study rooms? Usually Mary I waits till the end of April before allocating spaces but surely it could be done now? And, like, more than just one room in the Foundation Building. 3 or 4 dedicated rooms wouldn't go amiss.

*written from my laptop, balancing on my knee, on a chair in the library with no table*

We've been trying for the last week to block book some rooms for ye as we are aware things are getting a bit hectic in the library unfortunately the college has no rooms to offer us until Thursday 17th as everything is booked out for orals etc we can't even get a room in Summerville. While we cannot block book there my be free rooms dotted around the place for an hour or two during the day, we know it's not very conducive to be moving around every hour or so but it may be a temporary measure if you need to get away from the library.

Apologies the response isn't more positive but we'll continue to work on the situation.

Ahoy hoy, anyone know what distance you cover if you do a lap of the pitch? Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Ahoy hoy, anyone know what distance you cover if you do a lap of the pitch? Ta!

They have a list up by reception in the Tailtann. Cant, for the life of me, remember though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

~465 meters, according to Google Maps :)

They have a list up by reception in the Tailtann. Cant, for the life of me, remember though.

Cheers, I have a look tomorrow. :)
    131spanner wrote: »
    ~465 meters, according to Google Maps :)

D'uh! I should have thought of Google Maps!! Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah apparently it's 460m...it's definitely bigger than your standard running track.

Yeah apparently it's 460m...it's definitely bigger than your standard running track.

No wonder I die a little every time I go around it :pac:

No wonder I die a little every time I go around it :pac:

If you google Mary I running track up comes 460m and then 480m so I'd say the trundle wheel is the only way to find the right answer :P

But yeah definitely, I did athletics for years and you definitely notice that extra bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 care_bear

What is the QCA mark for a first class honours? Writing up a CV and want to include my current QCA..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

3.4 and above...

care_bear wrote: »
    What is the QCA mark for a first class honours? Writing up a CV and want to include my current QCA..

3.4 and over.

Great minds and all that... :)

Now I'm curious to check mine again. But I can't seem to log into the www.si.ul.ie page. It's just the usual password for getting on to the computers in college, yeah?

micstudent/1234567
    Password

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thought it was a 4 digit password for the SI page.

An File wrote: »
    I thought it was a 4 digit password for the SI page.

I thought so too but that doesn't work for me either. Im on my phone though, maybe that's a reason??

ETA on the site it says 'Mary I students use their portal account to log in'. I dunno what that is!

3.21am - entered my student no. with no micstudent prefix and the 4 digits and logged on straight away. Weird, I'd tried that already.

No the si.ul.ie password is different than the password you have for moodle/lan/computers...happens me every time around exams to get it reset!!

On another note, us second years are on placement atm and they took down the School Placement moodle page with all the documents etc. There's absolute war over it atm...surely an IT error, they'd hardly pull a fast on like?

You can change it from a four digit password though im sure it doesn't have to be...I'm 100% sure mine is the same as my LAN and Webmail password.

Either way, I tried every option last night and it just wouldn't let me log in. But then after a few hours I could. I've had the same 4 digit password for that website since I started Mary I so I dunno what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

My head is fried and I haven't even started exams yet! :(

Roll on the 15th of May. :D

I second that! Brain is frazzled!

I'm shattered after three days of placement and I've only been teaching one of those days!! The long weekend will be beautiful :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Having no exams Monday to get the last minute cramming done is suiting me grand, just need to keep the faith until May 14th... :pac:

Only one exam but a shed load of assignments and a documentary to finish off... Roll on the 14th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Exams finished! :D Sorry to rub it in guys. :pac:

Best of luck with them!

The screening of this batch of Fourth Year docs and Adverts is on Thursday May 8th in LG9 (the Library Building) at 7.45pm. I would put up the poster but I dunno how to... :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well that's it, all over - four years down, and all finished. It absolutely flew.

Thankfully no exams and last peice of work handed in today!

Best of luck to all those doing exams over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Congratulations, angeldaisy. I can't say I'm not jealous. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Are the computer rooms open tomorrow?

Advertisement