Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wet the bed last night

Options
  • 17-04-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi going unreg for this.

I'm 18 and for some reason I wet the bed last night.
    I don't know why I didn't change my routine and my life hasn't changed.
    I feel so embarrassed and don't no what to do.
    I feel like an idiot I mean I'm 18 not 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I feel so embarrassed and don't no what to do.

Change you bedsheets and forget about it unless it becomes a regular occurance.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

In the greater scheme of things this really isn't something to be embarrassed over. I wish I could give you a better explanation than "sometimes it just happens", but that's basically the best explanation there is. As has been pointed out, if it's a regular thing, go to your GP as it could be an indicator of other problems, but as a one-off, it's nothing an hour in the washing machine can't fix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

This was out of your control, so don't worry. It is not the worst thing that can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Time Now Please

Wet a in wet or could it have been 'nocturnal emissions 'if you know what I mean, don't get too hung up about it, but if it persists call to your local GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

It happens. If there are other symptoms (need to go more often, burns when you pee etc) go and see your GP.

Otherwise, it can happen to anyone. Maybe you were just in a very deep sleep. Or had a nightmare you don't remember. DOn't worry about it unless it happens more regularly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I know someone that this happened to very recently. No alcohol, medications or health issues. They just were desparate for a piss in their dream and were in such a deep sleep their brain let the floodgates open in reality as well as their dream. They were so non plussed about this one off they even lightheartedly told others the story

Advertisement