Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The preciousness of "being objectified"

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

I don't think anyone has been able to define objectification.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Someone from my book club posted this on Facebook yesterday and I'd be interested to hear what you think. Personally I thought it was very clever and fairly harmless as she didn't mention full names or post photos. Not something I would personally bother my arse doing but each to their own.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/an-artist-found-an-amazing-way-to-get-back-at-creepy-men-on

I don't know anything about these apps but I've got that kind of stuff through other websites and I've ignored it. Best course of action imo as they're obviously looking for some kind of reaction. Does it bother me? Not really. In person, yes but not on the internet unless there's obvious signs of misogyny and in that case, I try and track them down and chop their willies off. :)

It's just harmful to fat men with small penises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I don't think anyone has been able to define objectification.

Google it, look up your dictionary or just read back up.

A more accurate statement would be 'despite several attempts at explaining objectification to Robson, his quest to remain ignorant superseded all endeavours to educate him.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

sopretty wrote: »
    Google it, look up your dictionary or just read back up.

A more accurate statement would be 'despite several attempts at explaining objectification to Robson, his quest to remain ignorant superseded all endeavours to educate him.'

Several failed attmepts. Try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

ALiasEX wrote: »
    It's just harmful to fat men with small penises.

How likely do you think she was of hitting the mark?

• Advertisement

If I said you were a beautiful woman, would you hold it against me?

I've no problem with 'want a ride' sites. None whatsoever. But if a girl signs up to what she perceives to be a dating site, looking to meet a guy for dating, romance, and (assuming all goes well) a bit of hanky panky, then I am not surprised that women/girls would get pissed off with some gobdaw looking at their photo and messaging them about how he has wanked all over their photo and will **** all over her when they meet (contraception like). Neanderthals will be Neanderthals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

Lou.m wrote: »
    Oh the irony of this post.

Ironic how?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

How likely do you think she was of hitting the mark?

Not sure what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

MadYaker wrote: »
    Would you walk up to some girl in a pub and say those things to her? You'd be idiot if you did and probably get a well deserved slap. I think the women are right in this case.

The guys on that site like most dating sites are probably depraved loners and its their only contact with members of the opposite sex,

By your rational then the women on said sites would be the same depraved loners as well or you have you some facts to back up your sweeping statement to prove otherwise? No I thought not :rolleyes:

If anyone opens an account on any site and adds a pic then they are open to this sort of attention, surely there is a block function?

They are grown ups and know what the internet is like. Boo Hoo them.

I cant help but think of some ladies I know who get upset about men looking at their boobs even when they have them out with a sheer dress, the only reason they are upset is because they do not find these guys attractive. They have no problem with they are attracted to a guy who does the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

sopretty wrote: »
    If I said you were a beautiful woman, would you hold it against me?
    (sic.)
    I feel you may have missed the humour in the original pick-up line...

Ficheall wrote: »
    (sic.)
    I feel you may have missed the humour in the original pick-up line...

Eh............ I feel you may have underestimated my sense of humour. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

If anyone opens an account on any site and adds a pic then they are open to this sort of attention, surely there is a block function?

What about personal responsibility? Good old-fashioned manners and respect? Opening with a 'hi' as though you're actually addressing a real live human being and establishing a bit of rapport before perhaps testing the waters, rather than an abrupt "nice t1ts" and "I want to bend you over and fcuk you senseless"?

Too much to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

beks101 wrote: »
    What about personal responsibility? Good old-fashioned manners and respect? Opening with a 'hi' as though you're actually addressing a real live human being and establishing a bit of rapport before perhaps testing the waters, rather than an abrupt "nice t1ts" and "I want to bend you over and fcuk you senseless"?

Too much to ask?

dunno how many dates you would get on a dating site with that opening gambit however ask enough times them I'm sure it will work now and again.

Cutting to the chase?
    It would not be my first question but it's the internet it could be a 13 school boy

Advertisement