Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Homeworld game (re released)

• 23-04-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Anyone else looking forward to this...

I still remember playing it for the first time :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thread title is confusing

It's a new title...or the same game remastered ?

Checked Wikipedia
    On July 19, 2013 Gearbox announced the release of Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD remakes, along with the original versions of the games, for 2014. Additionally, Gearbox has granted Blackbird Interactive, a studio employing members of the original Homeworld development team, permission to use the Homeworld IP. Blackbird will restructure their upcoming game Hardware: Shipbreakers as Homeworld: Shipbreakers.
    On March 6, 2014 Homeworld HD was renamed to Homeworld Remastered Collection. The collection includes the original and remastered versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Thread title is confusing

It's a new title...or the same game remastered ?

Checked Wikipedia

Its the original plus a remastered version being released at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Reggie. wrote: »
    Its the original plus a remastered version being released at the same time

There's a new game under the same IP coming out as well. Much later and being made by some of the same people as the originals were. Which is attracting quite a lot of interest from people.

To answer your question, yes, I'm looking forward to giving my kids a chance to play it natively as well as revisiting it myself. I've no idea where my original copies are.

nesf wrote: »
    There's a new game under the same IP coming out as well. Much later and being made by some of the same people as the originals were. Which is attracting quite a lot of interest from people.

To answer your question, yes, I'm looking forward to giving my kids a chance to play it natively as well as revisiting it myself. I've no idea where my original copies are.

I still have the whole lot but alas can't play them on my computer no more

I still have the whole lot but alas can't play them on my computer no more

That'd be why I haven't gone looking for them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im ashamed to say this but I've never played homeworld so I may pick this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Homeworld 2 was great. Only had a game recently enough.

Will def check this out!

Oh it was way ahead of its time when it was released

Just imagine the majesty of this back then, they were really pushing the limits of what could be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

New game is not homeworld. Adding HW was an after thought. If they released an expansion for HW I would buy it , remastered or not. Probably my favourite RTS. Sins of a solar empire is grand. But Homeworld wins it for me

• Advertisement

Gah!

Homeworld 2 LAN play is awesome. I can't find it to buy digitally anywhere.
    Found the box with sierra entertainment on the front when I was moving into me new house but no CD inside :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Still rates as one of my favourite games ever. By far the best space strategy game i've ever played, and i doubt it will ever get old. The story is basic enough, if well done, but the game and soundtrack are absolutely fantastic. To think i nearly gave up on it after being stuck on the 3rd 4th mission for weeks. Friendly hint...don't send a probe when they tell you to :P

Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 are great, but not quite as good as the original. Played through 1 and 2 recently, but couldn't get Cata to work for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

It was.....back then.....like.....Awesomeness to da max x2 :eek:

Anymore info on this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anymore info on this??

I'd hazard a guess that there will be info on it officially this Sunday at pax prime

Bah, thought this was an update :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

http://www.relicnews.com/archives/2014/09/6334/

Some more info from PAX.

Might be worth subscribing to the Homeworld Reddit.
    It's pretty small at the moment but dedicated communities tend to be the first with news.
    Steve began to detail the initial goals of the Homeworld remastering project of bringing the game to modern platforms with the benefits of digital distribution along with an up-rez of the textures and models. He goes on to say that as the project went on they became more ambitious with what they wanted to try to do with Homeworld. Alongside the increase resolution of the textures and models, he indicates that the development team has now replaced the entire renderer for the game! (Note: It is unclear if this specifically points to Homeworld 1, Homeworld 2, or both games).

In addition to the visual overhaul that both games are expected to see, we can now also expect to have the entire audio overhauled as well. Steve goes onto say that Gearbox is getting together with all the original voice actors and composers to re-master and record high quality music and dialogue. If you recall at the Gearbox Community Day in September of last year, Rob Cunningham, Brian Burleson, and a few of the devs working on the Homeworld project showed a video clip of Paul Ruskay (the original composer for Homeworld) lending his support and original master audio files to help with the re-mastering of the music and effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I remember I had to upgrade my voodoo card to a Nvida TNT card to play Homeworld. Love to replay it.

It's looking really good so far

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    I remember I had to upgrade my voodoo card to a Nvida TNT card to play Homeworld. Love to replay it.

I was the same with H2.

My computer just **** itself when it went into the opening cinematic.

I was only 14 or whatever so haven't the foggiest what hardware I was using.

I do remember that my desk was a pile of cardboard boxes though.:P

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see what the ingame looks like. Also, the pre-order statue looks excellent as well...might actually have to buy it.

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks good so far. Can't wait to see what the ingame looks like. Also, the pre-order statue looks excellent as well...might actually have to buy it.

Same as that. When can you order does anyone know

Video from Pax Australia.
    Contains the first screenshots I've seen.

Pitchford saying they're hoping it'll ship around February.

Pre-orders for the CE are available on Amazon.co.uk now.
    Soooo tempted.

Gbear wrote: »
    Video from Pax Australia.
    Contains the first screenshots I've seen.

Pitchford saying they're hoping it'll ship around February.

Pre-orders for the CE are available on Amazon.co.uk now.
    Soooo tempted.

Bit pricey at £99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

99 ouch

beauf wrote: »
    99 ouch

Might just have to wait for the normal game :o

To be fair, the Mothership statue looks awesome.

I think all they've said so far is that it contains the statue and the original and remastered version of both games.

I've seen worse value but I'd have to know whether there's things like an art book, a "making of" dvd and that sort of thing as well.

• Advertisement

Actually, I hadn't realised that the US price is $100.

It's fair enough, with taxes and all that, for there to be a 20% or even 30% markup.

60% is absolute bull****. Not a hope I'm paying that.

Advertisement