Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 day hangover again!!

Options
  • 23-04-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Okay so my situation is I would go out about every 2-3 week's but when I do I would be flat out drinking for 3 days.

This week just gone I was out Sat,Sun and Easter Monday. About 15 pints each day and a few shorts at the end of the night. Hard drinking, silly really but that's what I do but am getting fed up of it.

The hangovers are unreal they last for 3-4 days. No headache or anything just anxiety, depression and struggling to sleep. I would love to be able to go out have 4-5 pints and that's it but I'm not sure I can? I'm 25 btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭KeefF

risteard7 wrote: »
    Okay so my situation is I would go out about every 2-3 week's but when I do I would be flat out drinking for 3 days.

This week just gone I was out Sat,Sun and Easter Monday. About 15 pints each day and a few shorts at the end of the night. Hard drinking, silly really but that's what I do but am getting fed up of it.

The hangovers are unreal they last for 3-4 days. No headache or anything just anxiety, depression and struggling to sleep. I would love to be able to go out have 4-5 pints and that's it but I'm not sure I can? I'm 25 btw

I think most here can empathise and and sympathise with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jr 1986

im da same bud.home from austrailia nd all ive done is drink,spent a fortune i was on a 3 day bender last weekend after a wedding and i was starting a new job monday which i went into absolutely ****ed.i can deal with hangovers at all anymore nd thats why i go for da cure and inevitably makes things ten times worse.feel your pain:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

I think anxiety and depression is worse. Is quitting an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jr 1986

would love but cant stop if i could jus tone it down it would be alrite!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Toning it down just doesn't work for some people. I tried to 'moderate' for over 10 years and it just ended up wrecking my head. Not drinking at all gives me much more peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

hubba wrote: »
    Toning it down just doesn't work for some people. I tried to 'moderate' for over 10 years and it just ended up wrecking my head. Not drinking at all gives me much more peace of mind.

Your right with peace of mind - so true.

Moderation for me was just to accomadate people , what I really wanted was to stop fully and I didn't have the balls to. Now it's about my sobriety and if people don't like it tough luck!

Put a plan in place, get a vision of the person you want to be ( the real you ) and follow that vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have you thought about mixing a few alcohol-free pints in there? In your mind you'd still be doing the same thing but you wouldn't be having half the alcohol intake, then you could start to look at cutting down. This might not be an option though...

Advertisement