Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC word processing exam

Options
  • 24-04-2014 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this is a bit of a long shot, but I'm doing a liberal course in rathmines, its a fetac, and I was wondering if anyone with any experience of this course or subject, could tell me what to study up for the word processing exam? The lecturer said she put notes on the moodle, but none of the class can find them. I'm not looking for the answer or nothing, just a basic idea of what to study. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

cloud493 wrote: »
    Hi, this is a bit of a long shot, but I'm doing a liberal course in rathmines, its a fetac, and I was wondering if anyone with any experience of this course or subject, could tell me what to study up for the word processing exam? The lecturer said she put notes on the moodle, but none of the class can find them. I'm not looking for the answer or nothing, just a basic idea of what to study. Thank you :)

Do you know the module code? There are a couple of different word processing modules around so it would depend on which one you are doing.

In general, a lot of people go down in Word Processing because of carelessness and lack of attention to detail rather than not knowing the more difficult aspects. Quite often students manage the headers and footers no problem but forget to put text in bold or italics. I always advise students to bring in a highlighter and mark off each task as you do it.

Also, keep an eye on the time. If you at least attempt the questions you will probably get more marks than if you completed only one perfectly. If you forget how to do something remember that when you hover your mouse over a toolbar/ribbon button, a tooltip will explain what it does.

Advertisement