Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does he have rights?

• 24-04-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was with the fella for 6 months when I got pregnant. He didn't want to know & broke it off with me. A few months later, I got with another fella and had my daughter. Throughout the whole 9 months of my pregnancy my ex would constantly ring me and text me telling me to stop saying he was the father and he wants nothing to do with either of us and it was my fault for getting pregnant etc.. My boyfriend has been there for me through everything. He absolutely idolizes my daughter, he'd walk to the ends of the earth for her and has never once cribbed about looking after her or getting up to do night feeds etc. He treats her the way a father should. I have his name on her birth cert also. Recently my ex found out that myself, my boyfriend and my daughter are moving to Australia within the next few weeks and won't stop ringing and texting me. Can he stop me leaving the country with her and does he have any rights? X

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

He should.

Sickening to think the power women have over men and their kids.

Kids are not a weapon to be used to get back at another person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

You should remove your partners name from the birth cert as soon as possible and include the real fathers name for your daughters sake. It's extremely misleading and quite underhanded. He has rights to see his daughter regardless of whether he was there for you or not.

Don't worry. Come to a compromise and work this situation out as it's in everyone's best interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Why would you put someone's name on the birth cert other than the father?
    What happens if you split up with this poor guy who is nothing to the child?
    Do you chase him for maintenance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

what an absolutely horrible thing to do.

to the child. to your boyfriend and to the estranged father.

sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

lolosaur wrote: »
    what an absolutely horrible thing to do.

to the child. to your boyfriend and to the estranged father.

sickening.

Get a grip and allow people with useful comments and advice to contribute, be it in agreement or disagreement, instead of the drivel your spouting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Jk_Eire - you might not agree with other posters opinions, but if you have an issue please report them, backseat moderation is not acceptable here.
    lolosaur - please keep it civil.

OP as you have lied on an official document there maybe legal ramifications here. Either way you really need legal advice here. This forum is for Separation and Divorce, not custody or falsified documents. Your best course of action now is to seek legal advice.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement