Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 22nd Apr 21:30 STCOLM Exeter Gently

Options
  • 17-04-2014 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Unknown opposition this time round, so we need to just do what we are good at.

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    Marcin
    Paddy
    SteC
    SteK
    SteMcd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In

Some of these team names are gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Ed
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings
    Marcin
    Paddy
    SteC
    SteK - in
    SteMcd

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in but my knee aint in great shape...If Liam or Clay was available id gladly sit it out, but dont want to see the team short either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

in but my knee aint in great shape...If Liam or Clay was available id gladly sit it out, but dont want to see the team short either.

knee injuries are no joke dont play if its at ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

This is the same team that lost 4-2 to ballally on the pitch before we played.
    They looked better than the scoreline suggested will be a tough enough game.

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Ed
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings
    Marcin - in
    SteC - out
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Liam - in

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Ed
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    Marcin - out
    SteC - out
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Liam - in

6-1 win, excellent performance lads, great momentum, and apart from one very dodgy decision it would have been another clean sheet too.

• Advertisement

great stuff the mobility in the middle is excellent,ste keaner cill kings and darren really put themselves about which turned defense into attack very quickly.
    nice start to the season i dno about the other lads but im really enjoying the pitch change.

Keaner twice? no wonder he was so tired after ten mins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh that was some quality play going forward and the defence kept them to very few chances. They're not a bad team which the result might suggest. Agree that the surface on that pitch really suits our game a lot better, the more we just do the basics with the first touch, the more we can then get the ball to do what we want to do as the surface encourages more throughballs and little balls around the corner. We've had much better interplays between the midfield, line of 3 and striker in both games and noticeably more chances being created by midfielders & even fullbacks directly playing in forwards, all very positive.

Only thing is the lighting in that pitch is dire, several black spots where you lose sight of the ball, but roll on the long evenings so that won't be a problem for long.

Keaner twice? no wonder he was so tired after ten mins :pac:

fixed :P

Game is 830 next week btw, for whoever needs to know

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

was a fairly straightforward win i suppose. never put under much pressure after going a couple goals ahead so early (again) and there were alot of chances created as said.

took 5 shots myself so was kinda pissed i didn't score :D also my stomach was at me for the entire match which was super uncomfortable and made it difficult to keep up with play at times. big performances from a few of the lads made my shortcomings a little less detrimental.

i think having a player like conor at centre back is a huge boost for the team. chap looks solid.

Advertisement