Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAT - SFV & USF4 Frame Assistant Tool

Options
  • 25-04-2014 3:23am
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! I mentioned a while back that I had made a python script that allowed someone to check the amount of frames between one blocked move and the startup of another. Well, that has sort of evolved somewhat and I'm happy to give you guys WORLD EXCLUSIVE access to the program!

http://www.fullmeter.com/fg/fat/

This is the culmination of about 3 weeks of straight coding and is my first foray into Javascript programming. I'm pretty proud of it, but of course I'd love to hear your feedback/criticism on it as it will help shape the program.

FAT is currently in alpha. What does that mean? Well it means I just finished adding the character data yesterday, so it's a bit of a mess atm! However, as far as I can tell looking at characters I know it's working pretty well at a very basic level so please feel free to use it.

The most important thing you guys can let me know is if the frame data for your character is wrong. I used a python script I wrote called "Frame Scraper" to pull all the frame data from FrameData.net (fantastic resource, well worth checking out) while renaming the moves (fierce >> hp etc.) and also removing HTML code that wasn't needed; so there's a chance that a) Some of the moves are renamed poorly b) some of the moves aren't even there c) There's still HTML code bolted on to the names of the moves.
    If you spot any of the above problems, please let me know and I'll get on it immediately. If FAT is giving you an answer you know is incorrect, please let me know in here/by PM/IRC and I can look into why that is happening and rectify the problem.

One other thing to note is that for things like punish lister, FAT is purely comparing frame data; it can not tell (and could never feasibly tell without some sort of insane emulation set-up) whether you'll be in range to actually use a move. For instance, if you block Ryu's sweep (-14), it might tell you to punish with cr.lp for an 11 frame punish or whatever. However, you're unlikely to be in range for such a move half of the time. This is a limitation of what I can do with the code. Building in the functionality to measure distances is practically impossible.

Most of all though, I hope you find FAT useful and simple to use. I'd love your feedback, so please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: Fireballs in particular are a problem atm, I'll work on those after I've made a main menu button :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good stuff Onion.

First thing I've noticed is that it says cl.MP to Forward Throw for Yun is a 2 frame link.

Maybe just remove throws from the linking section.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well donion!

It doesn't seem to have different strengths for barlog's specials if you choose him as an opponent for punishes fyi. Haven't checked further on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Where the blankaman

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks for the feedback. Just discovered a big flaw with the site I took the frame data from in that all their target combos are showing frame data for the second move so that's not helpful for things like frametraps. Anywho, I'll fix that in the morning.

I've added a main menu button and done a bunch of wee fixes. There's a to-do list at the bottom of the page, so if you don't see an issue there, please let me know! I've also started a changelog here. Version numbers are totally made up for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Fairplay, i can only comment on the javascript at the moment lol.
    In the future, definitely consider http://handlebarsjs.com/
    this will allow you to actually render json MUCH quickly and easily

i.e you could just do {{Abel.cl.lp}} etc
    you can easily loop through stuff and set up partials/helper methods,

anyway good work

• Advertisement

Appreciate the kind words Farz! I wanted to write this whole thing in javacript with no libraries as it's my first project but I'll definitely look into handlebars in the future for other stuff, I've never heard of that one. Mainly just everyone always on about jquery haha.

To give people a general update on the website, I've made a bunch of fixes and upgrades to the program, both visually and internally. I'm about 40% of the way through manually going down through everyone's moves (20000 lines of code ;_; ) and ensuring that they have the correct framedata and attributes. Even so, I'm only human so if you spot any errors in the output now, specifially for characters alphabetically down to Guy let me know.

I've been implementing lots of people's suggestions too (changelog here) as they're usually good ones so if you have an idea, big or small, let me know as I'd love to continue to make the program better.

EDIT: All characters have now been sifted through... phew!

The program is all but finished, just gotta keep fixing wee bugs I come across. Submitted it to SRK but don't expect them to actually put it up :P

Meanwhile, I've started working on the app version. Perdy!

2014-05-09

After about 4 months of programming we're finally here! Ver 1.0.0 of FAT has just hit the android store, 100% free of charge and just in time for Ultra!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat

You can do all the stuff from the original webapp and also take notes on any character and any match-up.

If you like it, the number one way to help me out is to leave me a nice rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Would it be possible to have all the moves list out rather than selecting them individually.

I.e. Gief

Move startup - Active - Recovery +/- hit +/- Block

Cr.lk - 3 6 2 +3 +1

Cr.mk 5 8 4 +2 -1

Etc Etc

And maybe quick bubbles at the top for the diff catagories of movies if you didnt need his entire move set?

only barely played around with it so apologies if some thing similarexists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can't find any frame data on Haggars pipe.

• Advertisement

Holy ****. This basically exploded overnight thanks to an ultra David rt. Amazing!
    Would it be possible to have all the moves list out rather than selecting them individually.

This is in, "all moves" from the drop down in moveprop section. Then hit the green buttons to filter out moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

This is sick, dude, nice job!

Thanks Mike, and thanks to the Irish scene for all the good play service reviews! Version 1.0.1 is up now, including a suggestion from someone in IRC (emSixTeen) to have a way to pick your favourite characters. I also have the CH "bug" for light moves fixed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great job Onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Nice app

Ver 1.0.2 has gone up on the Play Store!
    Ver 1.0.2
    * The 5 newcomers have been added to the Roster! All frame-data and functionality is now available for Decapre, Elena, Hugo, Poison and Rolento!
    * Active Frames now available for the entire cast via "Move Properties" mode.
    * Improved Back Button Functionality (works as it should have).
    * Fixed a bunch of little errors in the frame data DB
    * Added the new donators to the credits screen. Please email me when you donate at super level or higher!
    * Added Abel f.mk xx dash to his move list.

In other news, I got a shoutout on the Tuesday show today, I'll link it once it goes up on YouTube. I'm currently at more installs than the official BradyGames app too which is nice.

iOS version is currently in review with apple, so hopefully it'll be out before the week is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

This is brilliant :D awesome stuff. Showing myself for the fraudulent fighter I am but anyone have a Linky to a post explaining frame traps?

I understand the theory and used ones recommended to me. I know you want to leave a gap so that you interrupt the start up of the button you opponent presses but I have no idea what to look for. Well I do but I have a feeling I'm approaching it the wrong way.

Throws startup in 3 now I think, so does that mean I leave a 2 frame gap to inturrupt crouch tech? Or does that even make sense :/ a two frame gap would only result in further block even if they hit cr.lk (3 framer) no? Urrgh my brains.

Have you tried clicking the wee "?" in the top right corner of each mode? I think I did a half decent job of explaining how they work. Mostly you're not trying to catch throws, but crouch teching and delayed crouch teching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ah, thanks :) to the lab

Edit: yep this app is genius.... Very genius

Ver 1.0.3 is up on the Play Store!
    Ver 1.0.3
    * Changed "Move Properties" - now called "Frame Data"
    * Data is now displayed in tables in "Frame Data" mode
    * Made it so "All Moves" is automatically selected when entering "Frame Data" mode
    * Fixed some errors in Fei Long's Rekka Frame Data, thanks Paul A.
    * Added the new donators who emailed me to the credits screen
    * Added a link to my twitter to the main menu.
    * Usual Frame-Data DB Sanitising
    * Cleaned up the text in the help boxes and expanded 'Frame Data's help box

iOS version is STILL in review. On the plus side, once it goes up, I can put Ver 1.0.3 up for review so you'll get all the stuff I was working on roughly the same time.

PS: If this is annoying, I can stop, np

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    iOS version is STILL in review.

The first sub of a new app can take unto 2 weeks to go live, updates should go up in about a week. :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Would it be possible to get line breaks for the notes section so everything isn't squeeshed together?

Incidentally Chun can punish Bison's LK.SK with her MK.Super due to the slow down of the super flash causing his move to recover 1 frame later.

Azza wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get line breaks for the notes section so everything isn't squeeshed together?

This update is just for you so Azza!
    Ver 1.0.4
    New Feature: Formatting in Character Match-Up notes! You can use <h3>, <b>, <i>, <u>, <li>, <ul> HTML style e.g. "<b>Bolded writing</b>" will become "Bolded writing". You can also simply press return/enter to go to a new line now. I also added a formatting legend to the text box plus a settings menu option to disable it

Implemented Menu Screen donator messages.Rules for these messages: Only show up 40% of the time you return to the main menu, never twice in a row, never the same message twice in a row. On top of the above non-annoyance measures, the messages are placed between all the actual modes and my "donate" button, so nothing will ever get displaced off the screen by it, or moves.

Added the "Unlisted Change List" that have been confirmed to the Frame-Data from the SRK thread.

Improved how the main menu is laid out. Devices running Android 2.3.x should see a big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

FAT's mention on Ultrachen TV, with link to app store in the youtube description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN0dl7WZqOg

Dark Onion not mentioned by name. Still not internet famous. Tsk

K-Brad and Gootecks singing my praises

Around the 9 minute mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

a goo-salute. Gowan d'onion.

FAT is now at Ver 2.0.0

What's changed?
    * Street Fighter V characters included, along with full frame data, calculation and notes support!
    * Complete visual and framework overhaul of the app!
    * New and improved notes, with complete markdown support!

There's lot's of other smaller imrpovements like a toggle between "pretty" and "detailed" in the move list, and the frame data viewing has become a lot more detailed.

FAT is now at Ver 2.0.0

What's changed?
    * Street Fighter V characters included, along with full frame data, calculation and notes support!
    * Complete visual and framework overhaul of the app!
    * New and improved notes, with complete markdown support!

There's lot's of other smaller imrpovements like a toggle between "pretty" and "detailed" in the move list, and the frame data viewing has become a lot more detailed.

If you haven't already, start a thread in the SFV section of SRK and tweet any well known players you can.

I'm in that process!

• Advertisement

I'm in that process!

One suggestion, lock the column headers row so it doesn't disappear off screen when scrolling.

Advertisement