Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Slayer Song - Implode

Options
  • 25-04-2014 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

After multiple listens it hasn't gotten any better. What it is they have done many times before. It's a bit like trying to bake a different cake with the same ingredients. It doesn't grab you and scream, "LISTEN". I found it pretty uninteresting.

You can hear it here by tying Slayer Implode into youtube, (I would post the link but I can't yet).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

After multiple listens it hasn't gotten any better. What it is they have done many times before. It's a bit like trying to bake a different cake with the same ingredients. It doesn't grab you and scream, "LISTEN". I found it pretty uninteresting.

You can hear it here by tying Slayer Implode into youtube, (I would post the link but I can't yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

It's not bad at all. The one thing that does grab me however is Tom's voice just sounds shot. Hopefully the next track released might prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Not their best, but not bad. Have to agree that Tom's vocals are weak. Guess we'll hear what they're like on the next track and live in July

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My feet were actually bouncing, which means, I like the song :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

nice guitar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It sounds like Slayer tbh. It's exactly what i'd expect from them and i'm fine with that. Tom's vocals do sound a bit weak,i wonder has the constant touring affected his voice as this was probably recorded on a break from touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I wonder if Implode was one of the tracks that Jeff left behind after his death, or if it was written while Jeff was still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Yeah this isnt very good. Chorus is very Slayer I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Did Rubin produce ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's Metal by rote tbh.
    Did Rubin produce ?

Apparently not. They parted company and are now signed to Nuclear Blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You could see how that question would come up seeing as the sound/production/tone hasn't changed one bit though. Its sounds like it could've been plucked right out of the middle of one of the last few albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

i see they are playing the academy in July and belfast too

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Might go to that. It'll bring me up to having seen slayer ten times, since first seeing them in 1998 in Milton Keynes. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PatPatterson

It sounds like something from World Painted Blood or Christ Illusion, which is fine because I do quite like both of those albums. Tom's vocals sound a little tired on Implode and I'm not a big fan of the drum sound. The bass drums aren't loud enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It sounds like something from World Painted Blood or Christ Illusion, which is fine because I do quite like both of those albums. Tom's vocals sound a little tired on Implode and I'm not a big fan of the drum sound. The bass drums aren't loud enough!

This is my feeling as well.

I think that when they use the lines "a fossil drying in the mud" it essentially describes this track, could easily have been a B-Side from one of those sessions....when the kick comes in it suddenly sounds like another song....as if they were both thrown together

I shouldn't complain because it's good, and if it's not broke don't fix it, but yet I find myself asking if Slayer will try something different now. Though perhaps in light of recent events a bit of familiarity is all they want.

I'll listen to it and enjoy it...."I'm pretty sure that God Still Hates Us All" - that's kind of like Metallica doing the whole "now you're Unforgiven too" isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PatPatterson

This is my feeling as well.

I think that when they use the lines "a fossil drying in the mud" it essentially describes this track, could easily have been a B-Side from one of those sessions....when the kick comes in it suddenly sounds like another song....as if they were both thrown together

I shouldn't complain because it's good, and if it's not broke don't fix it, but yet I find myself asking if Slayer will try something different now. Though perhaps in light of recent events a bit of familiarity is all they want.

I'll listen to it and enjoy it...."I'm pretty sure that God Still Hates Us All" - that's kind of like Metallica doing the whole "now you're Unforgiven too" isn't it?

Spot on! Unfortunately…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭grip n rip

Like the song , i read somewhere it was a song they couldnt finish for world painted blood so i guess jeff was involved somewhere along the line .

Still love Tom Araya - metals best front man bar none ! Seeing them for 31st time on july 1st in Academy - can't wait !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

grip n rip wrote: »
    Still love Tom Araya - metals best front man bar none ! Seeing them for 31st time on july 1st in Academy - can't wait !!!

Fair play man, I don't suppose you could list those appearances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭grip n rip

Fair play man, I don't suppose you could list those appearances?

Great times at every one :)

Advertisement