Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paranormal meet up !

• 24-04-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

what do we say to a paranormal meet ?

maybe get a few people together and go to a haunted location (legally) to see or experience the hauntings !

would there be much interest ?

dates / times / locations etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah Im game

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Id be up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Great !

The more people we can get the better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

id be up for that

Okay I suggest a pub meetup to make sure there are no crazies. KSL please take the lead with this ! Anytime eveningtimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Riamfada wrote: »
    Okay I suggest a pub meetup to make sure there are no crazies. KSL please take the lead with this ! Anytime eveningtimes.

Sorry, do you mean meet at a pub then onwards to a location ?

and any evening time is grand with myself !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

yes i'm well up for it also, we had a couple of posts like this, but none of it ever followed through

mrmorgan wrote: »
    yes i'm well up for it also, we had a couple of posts like this, but none of it ever followed through

I remember them alright !

definitely want to get this going !

i think i remember one of the last ones was just one person waiting at the merry ploughboy looking like a dogger !

ha ha ha, was that a trip to the hellfire club or something??

what are you suggesting and when?

ha ha ha, was that a trip to the hellfire club or something??

what are you suggesting and when?

i think it was alright !

i was thinking an evening time just before it gets dark meet up somewhere and check out a supposedly haunted location

if anyone has good locations to check out that would be nice !

we can pick an evening where most people would be available like a weeknight or weekend

• Advertisement

what about the hellfire club ha ha ?

surely there is a good location easy to get to.

i dont drive myself

i think i remember one of the last ones was just one person waiting at the merry ploughboy looking like a dogger !

That was me.

i'd say a few curses were said!"!

so whats going to happen here?

how do you all feel about thursday or friday evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Friday evening works better for me

Rachiee wrote: »
    Friday evening works better for me

Friday is good for me too

How bout the others ?

Bump for more interest and Friday night ?

Tomorrow night lads ?

Yeah possibly but whats the plan?

• Advertisement

Yeah possibly but whats the plan?

being the first time would be an idea to keep it simple and try the hell fire club ? since most people would know where it is (unless someone has a better place to go ?)

could meet up at the merry ploughboy in the evening before its dark

if someone needed a lift would be no hassle too !

sorry i have been away for a few days, did you guys meet up?

sorry i have been away for a few days, did you guys meet up?

Sadly not... didnt get replies or anything so unfortunately turned out to be a bit of a fail.

to be honest, i'm not surprised

to be honest, i'm not surprised

I know I remember the last attempt... was worth a shot to get something interesting going on the forum but sure anyway

ya it was, maybe sure we can try again soon i know riamfada is mad for a meet up

Yeah I'm up for getting together alright but I'd say it would probably get more traction if we were to try and meet up as a group in a bar or cafe first to chat about the paranormal. Then if that goes well and we all get along organise something up the mountains!

I know organising to meet people I don't know up the mountains in the dark certainly puts me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if three or four people wish to check out the old carlow gaol let me know and I'll organise it. No more than 3 or 4 though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Hi All,

This sounds deadly but I'd be too chicken to go and I'd probably wreck the buzz.

If it does happen though and yas end up at the hellfire club - heads up.. my friends car was robbed, all of their belongings stolen even though they were hidden in the boot up there at the hellfire last week

Stay Classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I am interested in this, however I can't really leave Cork lol so that's not much use. However, there is this REALLY creepy abandoned hospital (St Kevins) here in Cork city if you decide to change the location :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

turnikett1 wrote: »
    I am interested in this, however I can't really leave Cork lol so that's not much use. However, there is this REALLY creepy abandoned hospital (St Kevins) here in Cork city if you decide to change the location :D

That would an awesome location to investigate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah I'm up for getting together alright but I'd say it would probably get more traction if we were to try and meet up as a group in a bar or cafe first to chat about the paranormal. Then if that goes well and we all get along organise something up the mountains!

I know organising to meet people I don't know up the mountains in the dark certainly puts me off.

yeah see i'd do that, but going off on an expedition, i'd have to pass on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

How did this pan out?

I take it nothing happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

maybe some people were there in spirit! :D

yeah i know, the day job, i wont give it up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Just a reminder about paranormal meet up tomorrow evening (Thursday 31 July) in Dublin. Details of Wicklow Gaol investigation should be available by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 PHIRE

hi guys, hi Jonny, yeh meet up was good. glad to see there people interested in this.
    Me and Dave did a preliminary walkthrough in Bective Abbey testing the new meters. we got some amazing results. all 3 would go off at certain spots at same time, then stop. weird lol

we also did a walkthrough on Malahide castle on Tuesday and got a lot of new spots with activity.

so we will have to arrange a time and place, i would like to get the group to try inveswtigate a place see how it goes

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Thanks Steve. Sounds like you got some great results. Good to meet you guys too. Must arrange a investigation like you said. I 'll bring it up at tomorrows Meet etc. Talk soon. JBG

Advertisement