Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would be your dream job?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

what is your dream job? have you ever seen someone and thought "id love their job"? what job is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I think making a living from being a top tier sports person must be satisfying. Doing what you love and the sense of achievement when you win must be great. However, all sports careers are defined by intense highs and crippling lows. I'd find that tough to deal with.

Being a top lawyer is what I'd consider a dream profession personally, as it stands anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

robman60 wrote: »
    I think making a living from being a top tier sports person must be satisfying. Doing what you love and the sense of achievement when you win must be great. However, all sports careers are defined by intense highs and crippling lows. I'd find that tough to deal with.

Being a top lawyer is what I'd consider a dream profession personally, as it stands anyway.

Software engineer/CEO of a tech company or having my own branch of shops/restaurants/bars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Probably a professional footballer although as mentioned earlier it wouldn't be all glitz and glamour as shown by depression levels in sports stars. Constant pressure on you to perform and ridicule if you don't. Still getting paid to do what you do for fun would be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

xxniamhyxx wrote: »
    what is your dream job? have you ever seen someone and thought "id love their job"? what job is it?

I don't haven't yet thought of something that I'm like "oh yeah I'd like to do that" , jealous of anyone that has as im guessing it makes diciding wjat to do next year a whole lot easier:/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

I'd love to be a top lawyer... Like in Suits... But that's so glamourised that I'd worry it'd actually be pretty monotonous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Working for NASA or CERN would be nice
    we can dream :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Still holding out on my lifelong dream of being a princess :D:D:D:D

I'd love to be a top lawyer... Like in Suits... But that's so glamourised that I'd worry it'd actually be pretty monotonous...
    We should go into business together. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

A barrister! and then a judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Whatever job makes me rich from being extremely cynical, i.e. presenting Tonight with Vincent Browne.

Don't wanna change my name though :(

• Advertisement

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Whatever job makes me rich from being extremely cynical, i.e. presenting Tonight with Vincent Browne.

Don't wanna change my name though :(

In Vincent Browne's case it's more a case of being an arrogant cúnt. I'll admit I like his style because he's unrelenting with his questioning, but it must be a nightmare for TDs going up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Designer in the Lego Factory!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭Cucking Funt

Ah the dreams of the youth, drop them quickly lads and come back to reality

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Inspirational words

You only drop your dreams if you give up on them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 xxniamhyxx

i suppose im just wondering because i have no idea what i want to do in college and need a bit of inspiration :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭Cucking Funt

xxniamhyxx wrote: »
    i suppose im just wondering because i have no idea what i want to do in college and need a bit of inspiration :P

Are you good looking? Maybe a modelling career

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I have pretty humble ambitions to be honest.. I think my dream job would be working in some high-ish-up position in a medical research lab doing some sort of ground breaking research for something important.. To be truthful, my dream job is anything where I can use my own skills and interests (Being a bossy bitch who's good at leading a team :rolleyes:, and Biology, respectfully) to do something that makes an impact :)
    Id 'settle' for any job as long as I end up working in research, even though it isn't particularly high paid :o Maybe Im naive but Ive always promised myself that Id choose a job I love over one for more money, and now that Im working two part-time, reasonably well-paid jobs, and incredibly apathetic towards them, Im even more sure of that :o We spend a majority of our lives working, and money can only buy so much happiness, so if I have enough money to pay the bills and have a bit left over, Ill be happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Something in media or advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

A surgeon of some sort..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Presenter on top gear. Probably Clarkson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I want to be a research psychologist at day, and a baker at night! :D I want to be many things, hard to decide. What ever I become, I want to help people who are in need with my riches.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

There it is. I thought the thread would make it at least three pages before the proud, grouchy, "wise" cynic emerged, pretending to be the only smart person in the room, cool enough to deliver the tough truths while using condescending words like 'youth', 'lads' and 'reality'. Despite the fact that the title of the thread is "dream job", and none of the answers provided thus far are even particularly unreasonable. Maybe your dream could be to one day post a witty and original comment, though the chances of that would be slimmer than anything one's likely to read in this thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

My dream job is to be a pilot, commercial or military. In the meantime, I'm hoping to get a degree in physics/astronomy.

But realistically, I'd settle for any job that I won't dread waking up for every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭3raser10

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    A surgeon of some sort..
    me too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This would be the life! c480x270_55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

In an ideal world? Working full time for Scouting Ireland, but the likelihood of that happening is nill so! :P

Hopefully child psychology, assessing etc :) Or maybe a crisis counsellor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    A surgeon of some sort..

Tree surgeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Minnie1990

In an ideal world, a professional bed tester.

• Advertisement
Advertisement