Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice on what to buy!

Options
  • 21-04-2014 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

I'm off in America right now and there's this shop not too far away that sells a tonne of board games, card games and Warhammer.

I want to get a board game from them, but I'm honestly not too clued up when it comes to board games at all. That's why I need your help to pick something out that I can get!

I'm mainly into realistic zombie games. And by realistic, I means guns, survival, etc. No cartoon type stuff!

It would also need to be light enough carry back without taking up too much weight/space, although I'll throw out a pair of old pants to make it work if any suggestions turn out to be good enough.

I've heard that Munchkin is good, so I might give that a go since I also like levelling-up type stuff.

Really obscure stuff like Loveletter is good too. The place is jam-packed with loads of games, and has no shortage of zombie games to browse through. If it helps anyone get an idea of their range, they have Zombies!!! and Dark, Darker, Darkest in stock.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

a fat guy wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I'm off in America right now and there's this shop not too far away that sells a tonne of board games, card games and Warhammer.

I want to get a board game from them, but I'm honestly not too clued up when it comes to board games at all. That's why I need your help to pick something out that I can get!

I'm mainly into realistic zombie games. And by realistic, I means guns, survival, etc. No cartoon type stuff! ........................................

So does anyone have any suggestions?

I have'nt played any myself ,but I would be interested in playing Carnival Zombie based on the dicetower review.

Heres a few links that might help you decide ...............

http://www.boardgamequest.com/top-10-zombie-games/

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/983780/what-is-the-best-zombie-boardgame
    About halfway down this page is a ton of links to "best zombie game".

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamecategory/2481/zombies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

City of horror is the best zombie game I've played, adore it

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I would highly recommend Zombicide. I've played a lot of zombie games and so far this is my favourite. City of Horror is excellent too

Zombicide to me is a bit life Left4dead. Well worth a look and there's a ton of downloadable scenarios and add ons for it

Advertisement