Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Research

Options
  • 08-01-2014 11:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Is there anyone who is doing research on Boards.ie?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes. Do you have a question that pertains to the conduct research?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 BlackBoy

what kind of research are you doing on?? May be we can work together. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

BlackBoy wrote: »
    what kind of research are you doing on?? May be we can work together. :p
    Mostly I've been funded to crunch numbers and look for patterns in primary and secondary data sets.

At this moment I am a research associate on a university team funded to do survey research on a topic with national policy implications. When completed, I will be responding to RFPs that fund research intended to further our understanding of how interactive communications, metacognitive skill acquisition, and gaming enhance online learning. Are you an expert in game design and programming?

• Site Banned Posts: 348 ✭✭Khomeini

Hello,

Yes I am. I am leading a study group on DPRK in the politics section of the site.

Thank you

K

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 BlackBoy

Black Swan wrote: »
    Mostly I've been funded to crunch numbers and look for patterns in primary and secondary data sets.

At this moment I am a research associate on a university team funded to do survey research on a topic with national policy implications. When completed, I will be responding to RFPs that fund research intended to further our understanding of how interactive communications, metacognitive skill acquisition, and gaming enhance online learning. Are you an expert in game design and programming?

I am working on finding multiple aliases in social media. I have used the dataset of this discussion forum for experiment purpose. Currently, I am working on finding the trends of users i.e. how they are active in this discussion forum. This also leads on finding the users who have multiple accounts in this discussion forum. And the experiment results are pretty motivating.

I have created a prototype in Java, which will parse the Boards.ie XML data and does the statistical text analysis as well as creates time profiles of each individual user.

How far have you been on your research? Is there any practical implementation of your surgery research?

• Advertisement

I have created a prototype in Java, which will parse the Boards.ie XML data and does the statistical text analysis as well as creates time profiles of each individual user.

Not absolutely clear on your research topic or methods, but you may want to review the Boards.ie Terms of Use; and if there's a question regarding the Terms and your research, you may want to enquire with Admin.
    How far have you been on your research? Is there any practical implementation of your surgery research?
    If we obtain significant results, the organisation that funds the research intends to make revisions accordingly during its next planning cycle. It's a problem that begs for a solution that's baffled them for a decade. Wish I could provide details, but we are not allowed to discuss specifics at this early date. Hopefully later we'll get a scholarly pub or two out of it.

Advertisement