Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glastonbury 2014

• 02-09-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

Now that E.p. is over, need this to look forward to.

Anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone going?

Maybe.

Let's see how ticket day goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

I've done the registration etc so fingers crossed.

Is it only 1 ticket per registration or what's the story? Kind of unclear from what I've read on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I've done the registration etc so fingers crossed.

Is it only 1 ticket per registration or what's the story? Kind of unclear from what I've read on the site.

1 ticket per registration, as your picture is linked to your registration.

You can then get something like 10 8 tickets on the day at each attempt, if you have the registration number and matching details for the other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just registered for this as well! Never been to Glastonbury but would give me right arm to go next year seeing as I missed EP this year.

Better start saving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Glastonbury Festival (official) founder Michael Eavis has revealed that the 2014 headliners have never played the festival before... Let us know who you think should top the bill next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Glastonbury Festival (official) founder Michael Eavis has revealed that the 2014 headliners have never played the festival before... Let us know who you think should top the bill next year!

I seen a few early reports linking Madonna and Prince as neither have played before. No interest in seeing Madonna.
    But have Pearl Jam ever played Glastonbury? They are releasing new album and announced they are going to tour in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fleetwood Mac? weren't they mentioned as possible headliners before this year's were announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No Bowie so. Fleetwood Mac sounds likely. I doubt either Madonna or Prince would take the pay cut expected to play the main stage. Expect at least one of the headliners to be an indie rock band who will get lots of people complaining that they shouldn't be headlining as that seems to be Eavis' way as of late. Kasabian?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

No Doubt <crosses fingers>

If Kasabian get anywhere near a headline slot I'll be well p*ssed off. Can't stand them.

Arcade Fire? New album on the horizon...

• Advertisement

Kasabian, Arcade Fire and No Doubt have all played before though....
    finding any band/act that hasn't played before that is big enough to headline would be pretty tough really...

Oh I misread the sentence and thought it was never played headliner before... that does change it a bit. Ill have to think about who'd fit that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Kasabian, Arcade Fire and No Doubt have all played before though....
    finding any band/act that hasn't played before that is big enough to headline would be pretty tough really...

gah 2002 is a lifetime in music festival terms, saw them at Witnness that year... epicness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

It's already been leaked that Elbow will be headlining the pyramid stage one of the nights. Doesn't do it for me, but then I had no interest in seeing either the Arctics or Mumfords this year and it didn't impact my enjoyment a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

alastair wrote: »
    Elbow.
    ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....... They've played Glastonbury before though, haven't they?

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....... They've played Glastonbury before though, haven't they?

They have - but Eavis isn't really to be trusted with these hints - he's a long record of pure guff. The long-running probable shoe-ins for next year have been Elbow and the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

They have - but Eavis isn't really to be trusted with these hints - he's a long record of pure guff. The long-running probable shoe-ins for next year have been Elbow and the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

Really hope its not the Roses tbh , wouldnt mind Elbow but too much but not sure if they are headliners ? 2nd stage yea you could through them there .

As said id be amazed if Fleetwood Mac were not one of the headliners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Just registered my hubby and me. What are the chances. I would give a less favoured body part to go to Glastonbury.

What day are the tickets out.... And can you part pay?

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Just registered my hubby and me. What are the chances. I would give a less favoured body part to go to Glastonbury.

Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time. You've to keep hammering the site to get your chance to buy. One person getting through can get up to 8 tickets (but they need the registration details of 8 people).

There is a one off deposit payment of 50 sterling. The rest (probably 160stg) will be payable in February. Dates/prices subject to be revised as the price keeps on going up each year.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time. You've to keep hammering the site to get your chance to buy. One person getting through can get up to 8 tickets (but they need the registration details of 8 people).

There is a one off deposit payment of 50 sterling. The rest (probably 160stg) will be payable in February. Dates/prices subject to be revised as the price keeps on going up each year.

So it is a case of keeping hitting a refresh button on the laptop & PC until you hopefully get lucky....

Never even thought about Glasto until this thread. I'll try, and we'll see from there.

Balls, I didn't reaslise it would be so cut throat and I don't have a "gang" to work in tandom with. Just me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

Awful, truly awful at Coachella this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gonna throw a big curveball out there and say Metallica, they've never headlined before and were gonna play in 99 before they pulled out, they were never announced but pulled out of talks, i interviewed Lars for Kerrang (a fan comp) and asked him about Glastonbury, he was keen and said talks were at an advanced stage. I told him they don't do day tickets so Metallica fans would have to sit through 3 days of shite to see them, he seemed pretty taken aback at no day tickets.

The band have changed now and seem to be playing area's they've never done before, and a headline slot at Glasto will surely be one to tick off the bucket list, they also come over a LOT in June/July to play festivals, they didn't this year so definately will next year

scudzilla wrote: »
    Gonna throw a big curveball out there and say Metallica, they've never headlined before and were gonna play in 99 before they pulled out, they were never announced but pulled out of talks, i interviewed Lars for Kerrang (a fan comp) and asked him about Glastonbury, he was keen and said talks were at an advanced stage. I told him they don't do day tickets so Metallica fans would have to sit through 3 days of shite to see them, he seemed pretty taken aback at no day tickets.

The band have changed now and seem to be playing area's they've never done before, and a headline slot at Glasto will surely be one to tick off the bucket list, they also come over a LOT in June/July to play festivals, they didn't this year so definately will next year

Eavis has an aversion to metal/heavy bands. Fear of crowd crushes following bad experiences in Roskilde etc. I'd be surprised.

Toast wrote: »
    Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time.

Last year it sold out in 1 hour 40 minutes. A record they will probably break this year as they had DNS issues that slowed it down last time. Gone are the days of it selling out in 4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Eavis has an aversion to metal/heavy bands. Fear of crowd crushes following bad experiences in Roskilde etc. I'd be surprised.

Metallica are probably one of the biggest grossing touring bands of the last 20yrs, Eavis will have them without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When does the registration for this close?

Just before the ticket sale (sometime in october.)

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    When does the registration for this close?

I think it was something like 1 week before the tickets go on sale, end of September / start of October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Right, you can pay a deposit of 50 sterling if you can get through to getting a ticket. There's a window of about 3-4 weeks sometime in May where you can pay the rest as far as I can remember.

As for actually trying to get the tickets themselves? Well, the more people you have trying, the better. If you have nobody else going you may want to try to arrange a few people who are also trying to get tickets to try as a group. you can buy up to eight tickets so if you had 6 other people trying with you and you were also trying for them, then you might have a better chance.

I had a PC, a laptop, a netbook connected through phone data and phone itself trying. But don't despair, you have every chance of getting tickets. I managed to get tickets for the last four Glastos and my friends managed to get tickets for 8 or 9 years in a row.

The main thing is to get registered, make sure you have ALL your details correct (you need to have your reg number AND your postcode when you get through so remember if you put NONE or zeros or whatever. Cut and paste them onto notepad on the day or something)

Good luck.

As for lineup? Who knows at this stage. Elbow were great in 2011 and I'd say they'd do a great headline. They certainly got the crowd going, even moreso than their followon act (U2)!

What's the story with selling tickets then? As in surely there'll be some people who buy tickets but then can't go.

Are there designated dates for returned/cancelled tickets to be re-released?

What's the story with selling tickets then? As in surely there'll be some people who buy tickets but then can't go.

Are there designated dates for returned/cancelled tickets to be re-released?
    yep, around April or May from what i remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Daft Punk?

Daft Punk?

They've played Glastonbury before. They'd be a fantastic headliner though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As said id be amazed if Fleetwood Mac were not one of the headliners

Most bookies are offering them at 33/1 I woulda thought they would be meself but given that Pink Floyd,David Bowie,Black Sabbath, and even reformed Oasis and Led Zep are at 25/1 it would seem to suggest otherwise.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Balls, I didn't reaslise it would be so cut throat and I don't have a "gang" to work in tandom with. Just me. :(

Is there any point trying to get a Boards 'gang' together for buying tickets or would it be a bit of a logistical nightmare?

I'll be buying for 2 when they go on sale.

so
    Is there any point trying to get a Boards 'gang' together for buying tickets or would it be a bit of a logistical nightmare?

I'll be buying for 2 when they go on sale.

I think in theory its a great idea but you would have to have a trust thing there as well. As in whoever gets through would have to pay the deposits. I'm assuming you would have to be in contact on the morning to call and say you've gotten through and to then give registration numbers etc.
    I might need 3 tickets. Waiting on two friends to get back to me to let me know if they want to go for it. So potentially if I got through I could get 5 more tickets. I wouldn't have the money to pay for them though. Cos purchasing 8 tickets would mean having about €550 in my account.

So unless you had the same bank for an instant transfer of cash it would be a bit of a nightmare. I'm not sure how to go about it to be honest but I'd be willing to consider it if there was a solution?

You don't need a group in any case. I got a pair of tickets last year on my tod - and while it was skin-of-the-teeth stuff (10 minutes before they sold out), once I'd got to one ticket screen, I managed to get to more in other windows (I was using two computers with three browser windows in each, and 3G on the phone). In theory I'd have had three opportunities to buy.

So does that mean I can have Chrome and Explorer open on the laptop and Chrome and Mozilla open on the PC at the same time? I'm not great with computery stuff.

• Advertisement

So does that mean I can have Chrome and Explorer open on the laptop and Chrome and Mozilla open on the PC at the same time? I'm not great with computery stuff.

It does, but you don't need multiple browser applications - just multiple open windows in the applications.

You don't need a group in any case. I got a pair of tickets last year on my tod - and while it was skin-of-the-teeth stuff (10 minutes before they sold out), once I'd got to one ticket screen, I managed to get to more in other windows (I was using two computers with three browser windows in each, and 3G on the phone). In theory I'd have had three opportunities to buy.

Oh lord - this is going to be some morning. Any idea yet on what day in October tickets will be on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

jamieh wrote: »

So the vital info from that

Thursday 03 Oct 2013 at 18:00 limited coach and bus tickets go on sale

Sunday 06 Oct 2013 at 09:00 main tickets go on sale.

Festival-goers must be registered via the official registration page by September 30, on which day registration will close until after October 6.

Can you only pay by credit card?

I would assume you can pay by visa debit.

I would assume you can pay by visa debit.

Hope so ha , Got a text off a friend who said you can only pay buy CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Guys, how long does it take for the registration to complete.

I registered myself and the girlfriend Monday night around 10.30pm. I received the initial email but have not received the official confirmation (registration number) yet.

I know it says wait up to 24 working hours. Anybody waiting this long?

I am not sure how it is for people living outside the UK, but over here you can only pay by debit card.

I got my registration number straight away but it depends on the photo you upload I guess and how busy they are. A friend tried and had to wait for a reply and a rejected photo, so will have to try again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement