Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 24th

Options
  • 24-07-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Next year's Guineas winner runs at Leopardstown tonight, but in which race, the 17:25 or the 18:55? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Bateman wrote: »
    Next year's Guineas winner runs at Leopardstown tonight, but in which race, the 17:25 or the 18:55? :)

Derby winner in the first race anyway! Some names in that race also.

O'Brien gamble on in the 6.25 Leopardstown.

Cocoon, she will have come on from first run and form of that race has worked out nicely, 3 ahead of her (4L's in 7th she was) 2nd, 5th and 6th have won since. 2nd that day is fav this evening, Raydara.

Opened @ 10s, into as low as 7/2 now in places. Tiny bit of 5s left. Had a bet @ 5s, was asleep all morning looking at the price drop and didn't bother having a bet whatever I was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's a very interesting card to be fair, every year I say I am going to start going to a couple of these Thursday meetings and every week then there seems to be a reason why I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A friend of a friend has a few horses in the stable and he said they have waited a long time for a special horse to name John F Kennedy. The fact he is joint fav for the Derby before running probably says enough. Obviously couldn't back him tonight but i am looking forward to watching him.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A friend of a friend has a few horses in the stable and he said they have waited a long time for a special horse to name John F Kennedy. The fact he is joint fav for the Derby before running probably says enough. Obviously couldn't back him tonight but i am looking forward to watching him.

Yeah Ted Walsh was waffling away recently on the box about the naming thing in Ballydoyle, apparently the missus is in charge of the naming thing and that, like you say, they were waiting for this one for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Got a tip for Cocoon as well in the 6.25. BP 7-2 now which i took

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Nuts102 wrote: »

There is some nonsense posted here. Is your friend's friend John Magnier?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,745 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spic' N Span 16-1 ew 5.10
    It's a good price to me . Really like it's place chances here

Two turtle Dove 12-1 ew 5.10
    Same race. Kept on in last 3 races. Should win this!

Bateman wrote: »

He would news to be special if its JFK. How many colts do you see win over a mile first time out at two and still be able to win over a mile early at three

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Authinger, Esteban and Egyptian Warrior treble. Pays 38/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Have a tip here for Tulsa jack limerick 5.35
    got it off Gv if thats anything to go by. Don't think its serious value atm with it at 13/8 but how or never

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

He would news to be special if its JFK. How many colts do you see win over a mile first time out at two and still be able to win over a mile early at three

Well Camelot was introduced in this race and had race solely at a mile when winning the Guineas so it's definitely possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What race is esteban?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

JFK didn't look great at all. Would be surprised if he's anywhere near good enough to win a Derby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

There is some nonsense posted here. Is your friend's friend John Magnier?

Very harsh. It could easily be Michael Tabor either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    got it off Gv if thats anything to go by. Don't think its serious value atm with it at 13/8 but how or never

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Agnes Stewart - 6:25pm Leopardstown - After her first run (a win) the trainer said:

"She could be very good. She wasn't the easiest filly to do anything with at the start but she always did her canters very nicely. The dam won over a mile and a half and was a good filly and the sire won a French Derby so she is probably in the wrong hotel being bred to stay! . Billy gave her a lovely ride and was very impressed. When I was giving him the leg up, I told him she would run well but that she'd improve for the run. And she did run well and she probably will improve a ton."

Boyles are 1/4 the odds 1-2-3. I am having a punt each way at 6/1 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Nice drift on her to 9/4. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Cheers. Nice drift as well.

• Advertisement

JOB got dusted there, and look what won, a friend of this board, Jack naylor, drifted all the way out to 14s also. ****!

Jekyll & hyde stuff from JOB tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Ffs had a msg written out and it didn't post. This is what happens wen your on ur fone. ithout after calling had supreme Vic and have authinger in the next at limerick in a double. Got authinger at 3/1 dnt know what he is at now.

rossom wrote: »
    Well Camelot was introduced in this race and had race solely at a mile when winning the Guineas so it's definitely possible!

Anything is possible but extremely unlikely. Getting a mile at this stage is generally middle distances. Sure even Generous won over 5 furlongs, there are some exceptions to the rules (though he falls into the outstanding category)

Was always a long shot.

Going to do Egyptian Warrior e/w to try and win my stake back. Joseph O Brien says that Donnacha is apparently better than him, so with 10lbs in hands, let's see how he does.

They may have gotten it totally wrong but they way these Ballydoyle horses come on from their races...stating the obvious but only because it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,745 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Strandfield Lady 10-1 ew 8.05
    I like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You certainly come up with some corkers mate.

I like this.
    You little sh1t :pac: thought I had that one in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I like this.

Great shout! Why did you fancy him? 14/1 sp:eek:

Advertisement