Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cake in the city

Options
  • 13-07-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Howdy peeps. Need to order a large-ish cake (probably sponge and fresh cream), nothing too tricky, with a written message for a birthday this weekend coming.

In or around the city would be great... Ideas?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Zest. They have a store above EZ Living, over beside Halfords/B&Q or another place up at the peoples park.

http://www.zestfood.ie/celebrate/cakes/

or Supervalu,the one that used to be Superquin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Zest. They have a store above EZ Living, over beside Halfords/B&Q or another place up at the peoples park.

or Supervalu,the one that used to be Superquin.

Cheers M!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Zest are fantastic. Got a cake there recently for a friends 30th. I haven't gotten a cake in Super Valu since they changed from Superquinn, but I assume it would still be fine. I imagine it's still the same people making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Superquinn/supervalue 10x10 25euro feeds 20-30 people. Fantastic cake.

Thanks a lot everyone. Never would have thought of zest.. And it's my side of town from work and home. Perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Another vote for Zest - i have got three from there and they were all delicious, ready when they were supposed to be and very well priced. Hugely impressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Another +1 for Zest, recent convert. Got an amazing white chocolate ganache cake there. You can really customise to your tastes.

Also for food - its a bit off the beaten track but has really nice selection and well priced bites and desserts will not be beaten!

Went with zest in the end... Lovely girl named Louise took the order (proper customer service and took time to sit with me). Ended up with a themed cake (long story) that looked like a record / LP.

Danny (the chef) was so professional to deal with. Cake was superb and very well priced!

Have been recommending to all my friends and family!

854443E1-B3F1-4460-BE7C-7A9F2DD80D4B_zpsuia4agtl.jpg

Advertisement