Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ankle Tattoo Bruising

Options
  • 20-07-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Just got a tattoo on the inside of my ankle yesterday. Its small enough and felt like it was healing much the same as previous tattoo on my ribs. Today the pain caused by bruising on my ankle bone has been getting worse and worse. Now I'm laid up in bed. Can't put any weight on the tattooed foot without really sharp pains.

Is this normal? If it is, I can put up with the pain but I will be taking a long car journey tomorrow and any advice on how to help along the healing process would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It can be normal yes, you've just had needles shoved into your skin repeatedly over a tender area, and one prone to swelling and bruising. Just take it easy, keep it raised and cool. And if it's okay for you and your circumstances, maybe take some Nurofen plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Very good advice, I had a registered nurse tell me the exact same :D No pain walking today and everything seems to be healing nicely. Thanks adiboo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have a small tattoo on my inner ankle and my ankle was quite swollen for a few days! Just rest it up and maybe some ice on it to take the swelling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

aunt aggie wrote: »
    Very good advice, I had a registered nurse tell me the exact same :D No pain walking today and everything seems to be healing nicely. Thanks adiboo

Happy Healing :)

Advertisement