Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Handmade

Options
  • 23-07-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello everyone.
    I create handmade jewellery/crafts, and live in Co. Kerry, around Killarney.
    My question is are there any crafts markets where crafters can sell their work? and possibly share a stand? I'm a foreigner.. if you know about any market or fair where I can sell my handmade work, either in Kerry (Killarney, Tralee) or Cork maybe (Millstreet/Mallow), could you please tell me?
    I was told that some shops rent shelves for crafters, in exchange of a fee or commission on sales. If you know of any, please let me know too or PM me.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've heard of renting shelves in shops in the UK but I haven't heard of it here but maybe it does happen. Sorry I don't know anywhere in Kerry or Cork as I live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LadyBird777

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I've heard of renting shelves in shops in the UK but I haven't heard of it here but maybe it does happen. Sorry I don't know anywhere in Kerry or Cork as I live in Dublin.

Many thanks for your comment, Jellybaby.
    There was a shop I discovered last month online, called Killarney Crafters, in Killarney, which I thought would be convenient... but they had to close this month apparently... a pity.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Check your local library for local information, or any newsagent or post office might have notices up from time to time. Find any local crafters who might also share information with you.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Check your local library for local information, or any newsagent or post office might have notices up from time to time. Find any local crafters who might also share information with you.

Ah, many thanks for the advice, I didn't think about the local library, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

hi,
    here's a link to a blog called The Woolly Way of Ireland,
    The Woolly Way is a comprehensive resource site for Textiles in Ireland. For practitioners, designers, hobbyists, groups, for the people at home and for visiting tourists.

it's not just about wool, they have a few links to jewellery and beading, as well as other crafts, you might find something of interest on it,
    Also i think one of the moderators is from Co Kerry, and might have info on selling craft locally, if you want to send them an email and follow that up.
    and if you produce textile or fiber craft items, you could put submit a post about your work to the blog and they put it up for you. Have a look yourself and see what you think.
    good luck in your quest!
    d

• Advertisement

Many thanks for the info, duckling10. I will have a look at it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Check out Irish Craft Update for all kinds of crafty info.

Will have a look at this too, many thanks for sharing, TreasureBin! :)

Advertisement