Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Russian propaganda: Litvinenko death

Options
  • 22-07-2014 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Anti-Russian propaganda increased a notch today after UK Home Secretary Theresa May announced a "public inquiry" into the death of former KGB Colonel Alexander Litvinenko.

Alexander Litvinenko death: UK announces public inquiry
    Mr Litvinenko, a former KGB officer who became a British citizen, died in 2006 in a London hospital after he was poisoned with radioactive polonium.

Of course, you can predict the outcome of this given the relentless campaign of hate mongering against the Russia already with the downed MH17 flight.

First of all, there was no plausible motive for President Putin to have Litvinenko murdered but that's what will ruminate in the minds of people now this Litvinenko story is back on the global media. It's perfectly timed with war crimes committed by Israel against Palestinians.

What the BBC won't be telling you about is a man called Leonid Nevzlin, who was in fact right hand man to criminal Mikhail Khodorkovsky.

Mikhail Khodorkovsky enlisted the help of war criminal Henry Kissinger and thief Jacob Rothschild to head his Open Russia Foundation which is owned by Rothschild's family Trust, now relaunching in Fall of this year.

They claim their mission is to promote "openness" of Russia but of course, the only thing they're interested in is pilfering Russia and its valuable resources at the expense of Russian people.

Nevzlin currently resides in Israel and is still wanted by Russia as a suspect for murdering Litvinenko.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mikhail Khodorkovsky enlisted the help of war criminal Henry Kissinger

the same Kissinger who won the nobel peace prize?

I'm not ragging on you here, I'm just curious how you attribute him as a war criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

it was kissinger with nixon that oversaw the slaughter in vietnam. enough reason for the title i would have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Harold Weiss

Obama won the Nobel peace prize too. It has no merit.
    I'm not ragging on you here, I'm just curious how you attribute him as a war criminal.

The Trials of Henry Kissinger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

haven't got time to watch it all right now unfortunetly, wanna give me the jist of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

it was kissinger with nixon that oversaw the slaughter in vietnam. enough reason for the title i would have thought?
    among others............
    http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/henry-kissinger-gave-go-ahead-to-argentina-to-murder-tens-of-thousands/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

First of all, there was no plausible motive for President Putin to have Litvinenko murdered but that's what will ruminate in the minds of people now this Litvinenko story is back on the global media. It's perfectly timed with war crimes committed by Israel against Palestinians.

Plenty of reason for the KGB (or FSB as it is now) to want him dead. He was a former member of the KGB who was working for british intelligence.

Beano wrote: »
    Plenty of reason for the KGB (or FSB as it is now) to want him dead. He was a former member of the KGB who was working for british intelligence.

John McCain and the oligarchs chased out of Russia seem to suggest, Putin himself is personally responsible for ordering the murder.

Instead of killing Litvinenko quickly and quietly, someone decided to turn it into mainstream entertainment.

By early January 2007, Time Warner had bought film rights for the murder and the plan is to have Johnny Depp play the role of victim.

Khordokovsy whom John McCain described as a "political prisoner" was close to Leonid Nevzlin and both wanted Putin removed from power in order to assert control of gas, oil and mineral resources in Russia, selling off to foreign investors like Jacob and Nathaniel Rothschild.

Nevzlin Goes on Trial in Absentia for Murder
    The murder trial in absentia of former Yukos executive Leonid Nevzlin began in Moscow on Wednesday, prompting complaints by defense lawyers that they were given inadequate time to prepare their case.

Nevzlin, Mikhail Khodorkovsky's former lieutenant at Yukos who fled to Israel in 2003, faces 11 charges, including murder and attempted murder, following a four-year investigation led by the Prosecutor General's Office.
    Nevzlin is charged with ordering the killing of several business executives and officials from 1998 to 2004, and his trial is closely linked to that of Alexei Pichugin, the oil firm's former security chief, who was jailed for life last August on charges of involvement in the same murders.

According to the charges, Nevzlin is accused of being behind the killing of Valentina Korneyeva, a Moscow businesswoman, and Vladimir Petukhov, the mayor of Nefteyugansk.

In December, the prosecutor's office said it was also investigating a possible connection of Yukos executives, including Nevzlin, to the murder of Alexander Litvinenko, the former Russian security service agent who was killed by radiation poisoning in London. Weeks before his death, Litvinenko had met with Nevzlin in Israel.

Russia probes Israeli in ex-spy's death

Dmitry Kovtun, Andrei Lugovoi and Vyacheslav Sokolenko who were business associates and met with Litvinenko at the Millennium Hotel on November 1 are wanted by British as suspects in murder of Litvinenko but there was also another man that met with them all that day called 'Vladimir' as yet unidentified.

Who's who in the spy poisoning mystery

This wasn't hard to predict.

MI5 believe Vladimir Putin was behind murder of spy Alexander Litvinenko
    British spy chiefs are convinced Russian President Vladimir Putin sanctioned the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko.

MI5 agents may be quizzed at a public inquiry – ordered by PM David Cameron – about their probe into his death from radioactive tea in London in 2006.

A secret dossier of evidence compiled by MI5 operatives into the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko implicates that Vladimir Putin signed off on the hit, intelligence chiefs revealed.

An intelligence source said: “All the evidence points towards Mr Putin.”

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

and who do you think controls the FSB?

Beano wrote: »
    and who do you think controls the FSB?

Why not just kill Litvinenko quietly?
    Why the big elaborate operation of poisoning him with radiation?

Surely there are easier ways of assassinating people, don't you think?

More over, why do you believe David Cameron has decided to hold a public inquiry now?

• Advertisement

I'm watching Newsnight on BBC2 now and its very scary stuff, some guy coming out with the usual Russia xenophobia is saying "I've been told" this, "I've been told" that..... no questions about sources or evidence. Maybe the pro Israeli "impartial" BBC might do us a favour and tell us about scum like Kiev's white supremacist Azov Battalion for a change!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

I'm watching Newsnight on BBC2 now and its very scary stuff, some guy coming out with the usual Russia xenophobia is saying "I've been told" this, "I've been told" that..... no questions about sources or evidence. Maybe the pro Israeli "impartial" BBC might do us a favour and tell us about scum like Kiev's white supremacist Azov Battalion for a change!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

They drag up a murder that took place almost 10 years ago just to demonize Putin, it stinks of desperation.

They'll have some long drawn out "inquiry" where they ensure every person in the country is programmed to believe Putin is Darth Sidious and we must fight evil on behalf of Zionists, the same Zionist regime butchering Palestinians with impunity.

Whenever people are joining up the army to go and die for Zionists, I'll be right here watching...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

So to be clear.

Israel invading Palestine bad.
    Russia invading Ukraine. Good.

Zionists run the world.

Got it.

So to be clear.

Zionists run the world.

Got it.
    No. As far as I'm concerned the way the western media completely ignores the Israeli targeting of civilians by the bombardment of residential areas because they are too busy stirring up anti Russia xenophobia is obscene.
    Do I think Zionists rule the world? No.

So to be clear.

Zionists run the world.

Got it.

Is that the best you can do?

BTW, you won't find a single post by me supporting the occupation of Crimea by Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

In terms of the need for Litvinenko's death to be high profile. It sends a signal to all of Putin's opponents. Also shows that he is pretty untouchable. Plus there's a limited amount of people that could acquire the product to poison him with. Shall we ignore the fact that Russia is the 3rd most dangerous place for journalists in the globe? They get murdered over political stories.
    No. As far as I'm concerned the way the western media completely ignores the Israeli targeting of civilians by the bombardment of residential areas because they are too busy stirring up anti Russia xenophobia is obscene.
    Do I think Zionists rule the world? No.
    While in the past the media have been very pro Israel on the Gaza strip etc. There's been a significant shift in the media treatment of it this time round. Channel 4 are strongly opposed. Many of the English newspapers are posting very negative reactions to the events. News correspondents have broken down crying as they witness the scenes. While the United States are pro Israel on the matter. The media is having a much more mixed reaction than is usual .

Kissinger does tend to be viewed in the historical community as a war criminal. The noble peace prize should never have gone to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Shall we ignore the fact that Russia is the 3rd most dangerous place for journalists in the globe? They get murdered over political stories..

Could it be in Russia that the politicians dont pay off journalists to not expose their dodgy dealings, the russians just cut to the chase and get rid of the journalists?

steveblack wrote: »
    Could it be in Russia that the politicians dont pay off journalists to not expose their dodgy dealings, the russians just cut to the chase and get rid of the journalists?

Or how about the fact a lot of the murders are by criminals and it's the government which gets blamed?

A lot of the oligarchs that plundered Russia during the 90s were responsible for many murders and it's the same exiled oligarchs like Berezovsky that blamed Putin for them..

Of course, Putin is responsible for everything that goes wrong in Russia.

Lack of Human rights in Russia? Putin's fault, "Putin's Prison System", "Putin's Olympics", "Putin's empire" ....etc

You can be sure that US/UK only care about the poor Russian people and only want to help them out, like the Libyans, Iraqis, Syrians, Palestinians.

That meteorite that fell last year? Putin...all Putin, man...

Even during the Winter Olympics, the US mainstream media were propagating the idea anyone visiting Russia would have malware installed on their computer or phone without any interaction.

Advertisement