Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dancing Scotsman music video,90s.

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Ok theres this music video from the early 90s thats popped into my head recently for some reason.I can't actually remember much about the song itself but I'm sure it was sort of dance /techno.The video had this very stereotypical looking Scotsman with long red beard and kilt doing a speeded up dance and I think he was sort of angry looking or making faces,a bit of a cross between Groundkeeper Willy from The Simpsons and the guy from that sweets ad " Hoots Mon!Theres Juice loose aboot this hoose".It might haver been copying the latter actually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Great ad, for Maynards Wine gums! Remember it well! Not sure about your other query.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

All I can really remember about the song was that it had a sample of bagpipes on it.Can't remember how the tune went.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Call off the search,it can only be this:Perplexer-Acid Folk.

Call off the search,it can only be this:Perplexer-Acid Folk.

Yes thats it!Jasus that fella is like the Maynard Wine Gums man on very illegal stimulants.I remember now as well the floating CGI bagpipes,probably considered very cutting edge when this came out but now looking very early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

That reminds me of "4th dimension",

"storm" was the name of the song i think where they sampled Sharon Shannon

• Advertisement

The Mulk wrote: »
    That reminds me of "4th dimension",

"storm" was the name of the song i think where they sampled Sharon Shannon

I remember them,saw them at Feile 95 in Cork.I'm pretty sure they were on just before The Prodigy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭vertmann

I remember the original Scottish tune from the Maynard Wine Gums ad was on my Inter Cert music course. It's called A Hundred Pipers and not half as fun as the ad was.

Ahhh...Fourth Dimension. I'd not thought of them in years. Kerry's answer to The Prodigy. Storm's on YouTube but I can't post the URL because I've not spammed Boards enough yet

Advertisement