Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation manuals.

Options
  • 17-08-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all.
    My father was an aircraft mechanic and chief engineer for a great number of years.
    I was clearing out the attic last week and found a few maintenance manuals for some Beechcraft and Shorts aircraft going back to the '80's.

Are these worth anything to anybody at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I'm guessing that he worked for AVAIR..... Not that many B1900/200 or 330/360 left operating in Europe, but maybe someone might want them for nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

smurfjed wrote: »
    I'm guessing that he worked for AVAIR..... Not that many B1900/200 or 330/360 left operating in Europe, but maybe someone might want them for nostalgia.

Yeah, Avair, and a few others.
    Thanks for the reply. Time to do a little searching I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Yes nostalgia only, manuals, particularly maintenance manuals go out of date quickly and require regular updating.

For my sins in a past life my job was to revise certain jet engine manuals. Imagine if you will a stack of volumes each about six inches thick with regular supply of revised pages over a foot high. :( And, they weren't the only manuals we had!

Ah the glamour of aviation!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

Thanks for your replies guys.
    I would like to see them go to somebody who would want them rather than just get rid of them.
    Of course, if they were worth something......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Ring up the colleges and see would they be interested.

IT Carlow or DIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Please don't dump them!

PRONI in NI would probably take the Shorts stuff gleefully to add to the historic record.

Alternatively try the Ulster Aviation Society for their collection. Or PM me if no-one else wants them...

Advertisement