Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity College Dublin reviews??

• 18-08-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've gotten into trinity college dublin, which was my 2nd choice (midwifery).. Just wondering about peoples opinions on the place? I'm kinda worried people will be quite snobby..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

You will love trinity. There maybe small mumberings of snobiness in certain courses BESS etc. but you will not have an issue at all in Midwifery.
    Your issue will be that you will want to spend more time on campus than your course will allow.

A ridiculously good place to go to college. Everyone I met in there was very grounded and being centrally located, the social aspect is amazing.

The campus itself is magnificent, I felt proud everyday I was in there to be part of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Best university in Ireland and easily one of the best in Europe. The campus and college in general is something to be proud of and you'll feel it's a second home in time.

Don't worry about people being snobby. I've not met one snob in my time here. Don't get me wrong, there are snobs but that's rarely a problem aside from BESS and some other arts courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ilovemycat

Thanks for the quick responses! All my friends are going to NUIG, and I'd literally know no one going into trinity.. I much prefer galway city to dublin, but the course I want to do is in dublin.. I'm thinking of changing to a totally different course (I'm deferring for a year so I could reapply??) I'm not sure what to do....?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hanza123

Ilovemycat wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick responses! All my friends are going to NUIG, and I'd literally know no one going into trinity.. I much prefer galway city to dublin, but the course I want to do is in dublin.. I'm thinking of changing to a totally different course (I'm deferring for a year so I could reapply??) I'm not sure what to do....?

I was hoping for cork or nuig as well but I'm going to go ahead with trinity. I won't know anyone either but I'm sure it will be fine. What course are you going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 niamhd94

If you're from Galway, I'd say you'll be living in Halls? If you are, you'll meet lots and lots of people who are in your situation and there'll be tons of stuff going on to keep you busy! I'm actually changing from an arts course and am just going into first year Midwifery this year. If you have doubts then you should act on them before you go into the course or very early on. I had doubts at the start of last year and now it's costing me 7 grand to change course. Then again though, there's a good chance your doubts could just be nervousness because you're worried about making friends and fitting in! Really what helped me decide to change was thinking of how happy I'd be in the job I'd be qualified for once I leave college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Echo_Symphony

I'm from Galway, and while it's true that we are a minority here (most of my friends also went to NUIG) everybody is really nice, and I'd say that the snobbery level is no higher than everywhere else, because you will find a few wherever you go! I love Trinity, it's a lovely college and it's great being so central, lots of choices for lunch etc. The campus is small and homely (and beautiful of course!), and all of my lecturers so far have been great. Don't listen too much to the opinions lots of people outside Dublin have of Trinity; they really aren't true (down the Hamilton end anyways) and make your own decision on what's best for you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

Ilovemycat wrote: »

Dont knock it till you try it =] and remeber you will make loads of new friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

The challenge of moving away from your friends and making new ones, in a new environment will make you a better person. Don't give it any more thought. Go to Trinity. Have an amazing 4 years. Re-open this thread and thank us for our advice.

PS you will have bad times in every college. Don't drop out unless you absolutely know your course is the wrong one, not just because you aren't enjoying it. Life is long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

@echo Hi are you doing midwifery?
    Are most lectures in Trinity? Or in Rotunda/Coombe?
    Also which hospital would you recommend choosing & why?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 niamhd94

@Firlodge are you going into first year? I'm starting Midwifery this year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

niamhd94 wrote: »
    @Firlodge are you going into first year? I'm starting Midwifery this year! :)

Sorry Niamh - not me but my daughter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Echo_Symphony

@Firlodge No I'm a Science student, sorry! I do know that the building for Nursing and Midwifery is on D'Olier St. which is right beside the college proper. I'd imagine most of the lectures would be there, with some clinical lectures (and obviously placements) in the hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I was in the same boat as you - came to TCD not knowing anyone. Thankfully there are more people in college than you can shake a stick at so you'll definitely find some people you click with. You'll be grand!

Advertisement