Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation in Dundalk

Options
  • 15-08-2014 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any place to live in Dundalk that's close to DKIT? I'm a 3rd year Nursing student and just looking for some place quiet and comfortable to live for the year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any place to live in Dundalk that's close to DKIT? I'm a 3rd year Nursing student and just looking for some place quiet and comfortable to live for the year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm heading up to Dundalk myself this year and still haven't got accommodation, also a student. If you head on to daft.ie there are a few places available. I'm heading up for a look next week when I finish work. If you find anywhere nice could you let me know in this thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 doublerainbow

BahSheep wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Dundalk myself this year and still haven't got accommodation, also a student. If you head on to daft.ie there are a few places available. I'm heading up for a look next week when I finish work. If you find anywhere nice could you let me know in this thread please.

Got a place sorted today in college manor! Landlady strongly advised me to stay away from college heights! Think all the rooms are gone in the house but it looks like a lovely place to live, and it's still very close to the college 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RyanIG

I am heading up there this year coming from Kildare, have inquired about a few places but landlords kept telling me they are looking for a group of 2-3 people to move in at once and not people individually, if i don't get a place down there i am looking at a 6am train every morning, Seems a lot of places aren't to keen on taking 1st years either

RyanIG wrote: »
    I am heading up there this year coming from Kildare, have inquired about a few places but landlords kept telling me they are looking for a group of 2-3 people to move in at once and not people individually, if i don't get a place down there i am looking at a 6am train every morning, Seems a lot of places aren't to keen on taking 1st years either

Yeah everywhere I've rang has been the same pretty much. How old are you? First years are probably the messiest.

20, did a course with Cisco in networking now going for a degree in I.T, think the word first year just scares them tho haha

• Advertisement

20, did a course with Cisco in networking now going for a degree in I.T, think the word first year just scares them tho haha

Yeah I'm already a qualified masseuse and was working In a bar then with bank of Ireland for the last year but i think they'd crap the pants when they hear "new" ... I'm happy to share with anyone at this stage I don't really mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 doublerainbow

The dkit students union has a list of accomodation on their site. I rang the majority of them and all that was really left was twin rooms! Although when I was in Dundalk on Tuesday loads of houses had signs saying room to rent on them! I'd say stay away from the student apartments on site and college heights. College Manor does seem like the nicest estate, I've just got a house there. It seems like there are losts of family's living there so it should be quiet enough! 😊 it's the furthest away from the college but still only about a 5 minute walk if even!

BahSheep wrote: »
    Yeah I'm already a qualified masseuse and was working In a bar then with bank of Ireland for the last year but i think they'd crap the pants when they hear "new" ... I'm happy to share with anyone at this stage I don't really mind :)

Think i've decided to stick to get the bus up for the first while and see how it goes,might meet someone up there who has a spare room, or if people drop out rooms could come available.
    What course you doing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 globalirl

hello have you tried rockfield court its a nice area I was looking a double room yesterday and there were a few single rooms availalble I was using the accommodation list for the college!!!

Advertisement