Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Loughc wrote: »
    Fingers crossed!!! :-D

I think I was the only person who loved the whole snowaggedon of 2010 haha.

Bring it on again this year I say. Loved it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

2010 was great! I actually got to use my snow boots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I mostly missed out on the snow of 2010. :mad: I moved to Dublin in 2011 and we didn't really have snow where I used to live in 2010. Was 2010 the year we got snow on New Year's Eve? I was in Dublin for that. It was brilliant, out in the garden in my jammies with big thick flakes falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Sounds awful now but I hope we get a repeat of 2010 or well some serious snow at least ! Mainly because I was working in 2010 and let me tell you it was hard to enjoy when you were standing outside in it or finishing work in the early hours of the morning and going out to defrost the car and discovering the handbrake was frozen ! I was not a happy bunny :( but this year I can snuggle up on couch with a fire and look out at it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Outside my gate in 2010 :cool:

[IMG][/img]4ca8a52c-653a-45ed-a3ec-b3ab56bdaa88.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

A brief respite the next morning at the end of our road.....

[IMG][/img]b0547b0b-2308-4d45-9fbb-2a4523b94f87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the Robin Williams films will have an extra significance this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I'm so looking forward to Christmas this year, summer has passed by in a haze of pregnancy related aches, pains, heat and humidity, so I can't wait to get this baby out, anyday now, and fingers crossed come Christmas they will be sleeping through the night, I'll be getting some sleep again, sitting in front of the fire supping a glass of something festive and able to stay up past 9pm to watch some tv!

fryup wrote: »
    the Robin Williams films will have an extra significance this year :(

He has a Christmas film coming out this year, as well.

A Merry Friggin' Christmas (2014): Boyd Mitchler and his family must spend Christmas with his estranged family of misfits. Upon realizing that he left all his son's gifts at home, he hits the road with his dad in an attempt to make the 8-hour round trip before sunrise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    A brief respite the next morning at the end of our road.....

Great Pictures! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Christmas music playing today in the toilets in Whitewater centre newbridge!!

I was at another trade show today. Humming Christmas songs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

ooh saw this on the I Love Christmas fb page!

http://amzn.to/1vZLISz

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas weather wise that is! It was FREEZING this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

I feel town had a very christmas vibe today or maybe thats just me. Penneys have started to stock gloves hats & scarves :D and as i was going down the escalator in Jervis Street , i was day dreaming about how busy it does be at christmas :o

applesock wrote: »
    I feel town had a very christmas vibe today or maybe thats just me. Penneys have started to stock gloves hats & scarves :D and as i was going down the escalator in Jervis Street , i was day dreaming about how busy it does be at christmas :o

I reckon give it a few weeks and Pennys will have their fab Christmas jumpers in. Must remember to buy them early this year, they always seem to fly off the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

I reckon give it a few weeks and Pennys will have their fab Christmas jumpers in. Must remember to buy them early this year, they always seem to fly off the shelves.

I have a reindeer one from last year from penneys il reuse this year.I did get a new one on asos 😳 Won't be long now till we see stuff in the shops!exciting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Rose of Tralee is over!
    It's officially the end of the Irish summer. \o/
    Time to start covering your schoolbooks and thinking about what you want from Santa. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This morning was so cold, I defiantly think Summer is over, loved catching up on all the posts here..I am not back from the Algarve a week and found myself Christmas window shopping online a few days ago, new house this year so lots of planning ahead

Was it penny's that had the pink jumper saying merry Christmas you filthy Animal ? I so wanted one of these and they were gone as soon as they arrived! Always reminds me of home alone :)

Last few days have been all over the shop here in terms of weather, I didn't know wether to put away the kids summer clothes or not , but am happy to report it's definitely duller and colder outside today so may just pack them away later! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Was it penny's that had the pink jumper saying merry Christmas you filthy Animal ? I so wanted one of these and they were gone as soon as they arrived! Always reminds me of home alone :)

I didn't see those in Penneys, but they had them on boohoo.com

irishbarb wrote: »
    I didn't see those in Penneys, but they had them on boohoo.com

Thanks! I hope they have them back this year! :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »

I cant remember if they had them in the womens section, there was so many last year, I think the ones with the working Christmas lights on them where distracting me haha. Im nearly sure I saw them in navy in the mens department though, when I went to get a present there. So they might have had something like them in the womens department.

Slightly chilly this evening... So I've had to put this blanket over me :D

Alicat wrote: »

Oh so jealous here :o:o

Alicat wrote: »

That’s lovely:-) Im loving the whole Nordic theme at the moment.

• Advertisement

The X Factor will return on Saturday, August 30, ITV has confirmed.

We all know what this means......... :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement