Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension adjustment order..

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, I was hoping to be able to do my divorce myself...Solicitors charging a massive amount...I arranged for a consultation with one solicitor. He charged me 245 euro and went through what was needed. The difficult thing seems to be the Pension Adjustment order, which the solicitor told me will cost 750 on its own...
    A friend put me in touch with someone who said she can "do it all" for 500 euro, including the PAO...She has no legal training and did her own divorce and now does others. My instinct is telling me not to go with her as how could she do the PAO with no legal training? Or do you need training? My solicitor said its a very complicated thing to do..
    Any insight into same would be much appreciated...
    I'm not looking for legal advice...just peoples' opinions.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op I did mine with a company and it cost me 450 - the extra 50 was for the pension adjustment order. I have submitted it to the pension 'people' here and its perfectly in order. Now I don't know what company you are using but it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pandoraj09

Really? That's interesting...the solicitor is saying it's very complicated....Thanks for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Really? That's interesting...the solicitor is saying it's very complicated....Thanks for that..

He would if he is charging 245 for the first consultation! :eek:

Advertisement