Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Scene Dublin City FM 103.2 Mondays 2PM

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

HI Sean, have you ever done an Irish special? I'm thinking of Louis Stewart, Nigel Mooney - even Paddy Cole. Or even other great artist that may have played in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

b318isp wrote: »
    HI Sean, have you ever done an Irish special? I'm thinking of Louis Stewart, Nigel Mooney - even Paddy Cole. Or even other great artist that may have played in Ireland?

Hi b318isp
    Thanks for the message. I regularly play Irish jazz artists incl. Nigel Mooney & Louis Stewart & do occasionally have all Irish specials.
    It's in the to do list for now but will happen soon I promise.
    S.

Jazz Scene No. 53 includes music from Beny More, Alarmist ( 12points.ie & downwithjazz.ie lineups ), Dudley Moore Trio, George Shearing, Taskuya Kuroda plus more.
    Jazz Scene Mondays ( except Bank Holidays ) 2 to 3PM Dublin City FM 103.2

No Jazz Scene Monday 2nd. June due to Irish Bank Holiday.
    See you on Monday 9th. June 2 to 3PM dublincityfm.ie or 103.2FM around Dublin.
    Enjoy the long weekend.

Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Jazz Scene had a blast plus the usual break.
    Show No. 54 brings you Irish bands Dig A Little Deeper, Crossbones & Michael Buckley.
    International jazz represented by Kris Bowers, Isaac Hayes, Blunt Axe Orchestra, Connie Evingson & Tony Scott.

Jazz Scene Mondays ( except public holidays ) 2 to 3PM Dublin City FM 103.2

• Advertisement

All jazz ladies special this time including Sarah Vaughan, Libby York, Ella Fitzgerald, Grainne Brookfield, Nina Simone plus more.
    Jazz Scene Mondays 2PM dublincityfm.ie or 103.2FM

Finally the promised All Irish special with music from the late John Wadham CD Drums & Friends plus Oldsquarelines, Organics, Tommy Halferty Trio ( new album ), Sue Rynhart ( also new CD Crossings ), Colette Henry, David Tughan plus a couple more time permitting.

Jazz Scene No. 56 Monday 2 to 3PM Dublin City FM 103.2 or dublincityfm.ie online.

Are there 57 varieties of JAZZ? Why not tune in on Monday next 7th. July & see for yourselves.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Lots of new releases / reissues this time including from Brian Blade, Fred Hersch Trio, Carmen McRae & Yuseef Lateef.
    Also a track from the recently deceased Jimmy Scott plus more.

Jazz Scene Monday 14th. July 2014 2 to 3pm Dublin City FM 103.2

Play list at jazzspec.blogspot.com

Hello,
    Apologies re Monday 14th. July Jazz Scene. A technical problem resulted in the previous weeks show being transmitted. I am not sure as to whether the intended broadcast can be used at a future date but, if not, will ensure that the intended play list will be utilised in some form.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Sean Brophy
    Presenter / Producer Jazz Scene
    Mondays 2 to 3PM on Dublin City FM 103.2

• Advertisement

Another all Irish edition by request.
    The Roaring Forties ( Cork ), David Lyttle, Phil Ware Trio, Cafe Orchestra plus lots more.
    See you Monday 2PM Dublin City FM 103.2

Jazz Scene Mondays 2 to 3PM Dublin City FM 103.2

Yuseef Lateef, Tres Bourbonnais ( Austin Texas ), Anita O' Day, Brian Blade with The Fellowship Band, Yelena Eckemoff Trio plus more.
    Jazz Scene Mondays 2 to 3PM Dublin City FM 103.2 & dublincityfm.ie

No Jazz Scene on Monday 4th. August - back with a show featuring vocalist Cary Posavitz as guest on Monday 11th. August 2 to 3PM 103.2 Dublin City FM
    & online dublincityfm.ie

Enjoy the long weekend & stay safe on the roads & near water particularly.

PS I will be on air at Dublin City FM with Monday Music Miscellany ( incl. some jazz ) between 11AM & 1PM Monday 4th. August.

American singer Cary Posavitz joins me this time with chat & his musical choice.
    Cary lives in Ireland now & performs weekly at The Mint Bar at The Westin Hotel & also Sunday brunch at The Shelbourne Hotel.

Play list to follow at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Cian Boylan, Hugh Buckley, Damian Evans, The Kevin Brady Trio featuring American pianist Bill Carrothers, Justin Carroll's Togetherness represent Irish jazz.
    Also music from Louis Armstrong with Duke Ellington, Keith Jarrett plus a few more.
    List at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Jazz Scene No. 61 Monday 18th, August 103.2 Dublin City FM form 2 to 3PM

Ray Charles, Irish guitarist Austin Durack, Buddy De Franco & lots more.
    Full intended list at jazzspec.blogspot.com

See you Monday.

Sean Brophy
    Producer / Presenter Jazz Scene Mondays 2 to 3PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM

Irish contributions from Sue Rynhart, Stella Bass, Hugh Buckley & Nigel Clark ( new CD The Day Of The Duo ), Tommy Halferty Trio plus lots more - see list to follow at jazzspec.blogspot.com

Jazz Scene 2 to 3PM Monday 1st. September 103.2 Dublin City FM or online dublincityfm.ie or tunein.com

The Kit Downes Trio, Stella Bass, Bill Evans plus others on Jazz Scene No. 64 Monday 8th. Sept. 2 to 3PM 103.2 Dublin City FM.
    Full intended list at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Irish & London based vocalist Christine Tobin joins me this time with her musical & life partner Phil Robson. Christine hosts her Happy Birthday L Cohen at the John Field Room NCH Dublin on Tuesday 23rd.Sept. & will discuss this. See www.nch.ie for full details.
    Music from her A Thousand Kisses Deep CD plus other selections incl. Wayne Horvitz & Wes Montgomery.
    Full expected list at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Jazz Scene Mondays 2 to 3PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM presented & produced my me Sean Brophy.

Jazz Scene No.66 includes Redivider & Stella Bass from the Irish jazz world. Lots of other fine stuff as per list at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Jazz Scene No.66 Monday 22nd. September 2 to 3PM 103.2 Dublin City FM

PS Great to see jazz listing back in The Ticket.

• Advertisement

Redivider, Carol - Ann Flanagan, Nnenna Freelon, Gil Evans, Partisans, Sarah Vaughan plus more. See full intended list at www.jazzspec.blogspot.com

Jazz Scene Mondays 2 to 3PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM

Hello everybody,
    103.2 Dublin City FM Autumn schedule 2014 kicks in next Monday 6th. October & heralds a new time for Jazz Scene which will now air Saturdays from 5 to 6PM from Saturday 11th. October 2014.

I still hope to have the same jazz mix with occasional interviews & artist features.
    Jack McGouran is the Artistic Director at the Guinness Cork Jazz Festival & will join me in the next couple of weeks ( probably Saturday 18th. October ) to talk about & select music related to this years festival.

If anyone has any questions for Jack please email jazzscene@dublincityfm.ie

guinnessjazzfestival.com has all the details.

Hermy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Sean. I'll do my best to tune in.

Could I also asked whatever happened to Mick Murray?
    I think I read somewhere that he had been ill

Sad to report that Mick Murray died 4th. January 2015 following a long period if ill health. May be Rest In Peace.

Advertisement