Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Radiohead Album/Song?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nomad15

It is too hard to just pick one song but I'd go with Just Rainbows for the album...I love, love Radiohead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

have you done the 1001 thing with OK Computer and In Rainbows?
    http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

It's a bit mad, tracks are at the same bpm, one song can end with a guitar effect and the next will begin with the same effect on a piano for example.
    Pretty cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Re-Tuned

The Bends, OK Computer is a very close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'd rank their albums in this order:
    1. The Bends
    2. In Rainbows
    3. OK Computer
    4. Kid A
    5. Hail To The Thief
    6. King Of Limbs
    7. Amnesiac
    8. Pablo Honey

Top 10 songs:
    Reckoner
    Fake Plastic Trees
    Nice Dream
    How To Disappear Completely
    Pearly
    True Love Waits
    Climbing Up The Walls
    Blow Out
    The Bends
    Motion Picture Soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

1.Reckoner
    2.Idioteque
    3.The National Anthem(preferably the live version)
    4.Let Down
    5.Fake Plastic Trees
    6.Karma Police
    7.Videotape
    8.All I need
    9.Talk Show Host
    10.Lotus Flower

1.In Rainbows
    2.OK Computer
    3.Kid A
    4.The Bends
    5.Hail To The Thief
    6.Amnesiac
    7.The King Of Limbs

8.Pablo Honey(hate this album,awful,watered down indie,schminde)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 freakybeaky108

Love Kid A, Amnesiac and In Rainbows. If I had to choose an album I suppose it would be In Rainbows, but my favourite song has to be the Pyramid Song.

I have to say that I find both the Bends and OK Computer to be a little overrated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 inthefade

Kid A without a doubt. All their albums are great though, apart from maybe The King of Limbs :P Pyramid song is definitely in my Top 5 fave songs of theirs. As well as How to Disappear Completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

The Bends and OK Computer just sound juvenile compared to their more recent work.

Hail to the Thief is my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

Kid A is definitely one of the most under-rated albums ever. For me, it's neck and neck with The Bends for their best.

An honourable mention too for In Rainbows. Reckoner is one of their all-time standout tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

1. OK Computer
    2. In Rainbows
    3. Kid A
    4. The Bends
    5. Amnesiac
    6. Hail to the thief
    7. The King of Limbs
    8. Pablo Honey

Having read this thread, I can't help noticing that a lot of people appreciate Kid A and it's technical brilliance, but not many have come out and expressed their actual love of it, in the same way as they have for OK Computer, In Rainbows or The Bends. Personally I think Kid A is an amazing album; flawless, innovative, original, well produced. But it is a bit clinical.

As far as best song goes, so hard to choose, I will give my vote to Exit Music (For a Film). Still makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Honorable mentions for Fake Plastic Trees, Reckoner and Idioteque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kid A is definitely one of the most under-rated albums ever. For me, it's neck and neck with The Bends for their best.

An honourable mention too for In Rainbows. Reckoner is one of their all-time standout tracks.

How is Kid A underrated? Massive critical acclaim. Surely one of the most highly rated albums since the turn of the Millenium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Indeed.

Wiki:

Kid A has been considered one of the most challenging pop records to have commercial success.[13] The album won a Grammy for Best Alternative Album and was nominated for Album of the Year. It also received praise for introducing listeners to diverse forms of underground music.[6] Despite the band's new direction alienating some fans and critics,[6] Kid A received generally positive reviews from notable music publications.[13] It was subsequently listed by multiple publications as one of the best albums of recent years, and in 2009 was ranked No. 1 in lists of the best albums of the 2000s by Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, and The Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

'In Rainbows' was the first Radiohead album I really got; it's t'rific. The first time Bodysnatchers greeted my ears was like a religious experience.

I'm not gonna choose a favourite song because it varies depending on mood but 'There, There' is seeing a lot of playtime lately, that song is absolutely gorgeous. The opening line gets me every time: 'In pitch dark, I go walking in your landscape.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Pyramid Song

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

I'd have to say All I Need from In Rainbows

• Registered Users Posts: 44 amokrecordings

KID A is well above the rest... But I have to say that Amnesiac has had the most appeal as the years go by

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mannix1888

Paranoid Android

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Culthurst

The gloaming... Sounds like an aphex twin redux, absolutely brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Album - Kid A

Song - The National Anthem

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

In Rainbows is my favourite album.

It's very difficult to pick a favourite song, but one that I do come back to is Like Spinning Plates from Amnesiac. Originally, I found the album version quite dense and I just couldn't get into it. However, when I heard the stripped-down live version, it all made sense. What a song. What a band.

Album version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOAxhYo9vE

Live (I Might Be Wrong) version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfFtIcQlpQk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

1. Amnesiac - I might be Wrong
    2. In Rainbows - Reckoner
    3. Kid A - The National Anthem
    4. OK Computer - Electioneering
    5. Hail to the Thief - There There
    6. The Bends - Fake Plastic Trees
    7. The King of Limbs - Lotus Flower
    8. Pablo Honey - You

Listed in order of album quality rather than best song. This is canon, if you disagree, you are wrong. Glad to be of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flackattacker

amnesiac is my favourite album because i love odd quirky music with you and whos army being my favourite song

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

ok computer is my favourite - let down is best track but tearing down these walls and exit ( theme from a film ) are very underrated .

have ye heard easy star all stars reggae version of OK computer ? done under the name Radiodread ?

its a great listen - let down is especially good . toots and the maytals supplying the brass bits

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

There there -thom yorke apparently cried with happiness after he heard it played back to him so it must be the best thing he had written up to then. Live it is just perfect.

In Rainbows favourite album purely for the track listing each song blends perfectly and then its all over in a hearbeat. A pretty perfect album if you ask me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

OKC best album.

Let Down is just perfect, pure euphoria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Cannot get enough of Paranoid Android

Advertisement