Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeiss terra ed 10x42

Options
  • 19-08-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

Well guys.
    I have been looking at buying at set of binos for a while. I am seriously considering these ones. Has anyone any reall world experience with them feed back would be great.
    And at 450 euro there in my budget.
    Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

You mean Zeiss terra ed? Had a peep through a pair. Bright sharp image, couldn't tell the difference between them and the Zeiss Conquests, but didn't get a chance to compare in low light when the difference in performance might show. Solid build and comfortable in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ye that's what I meant sorry. I'll change that. Ye I've heard there good but it's very hard to tell unless your in low light when it counts as you say. Would I be right in saying they don't have the rain guard on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

What’s in the Box
    • Zeiss 10×42 Terra ED Binoculars
    • Neck Strap
    • Objective Covers
    • Objective Cover Strap
    • Eyepiece Covers
    • Lens Cloth
    So probably separate snap on covers rather than a rainguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kinelly

I have no experience with this particular set of binoculars but I do have 10 x 42 in steiner. If I was buying again I think I would go for 7 or 8 x 42. I find the 10x hard to keep steady especially if you are puffing and blowing after a good hill walk. 7 or 8x wouldn't translate the shake as much

I was just thinking the same this evening myself to be honest. And I was also thinking that the 10 might just be to much. But there great for details.
    Do you mind gi ring me a little more info on the Steiner. Like price and if your hapy with them. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

You can get the terra's in a 8x42 as well , I've bought a pair and there out standing in all conditions , not as gud as the top of range zeiss but for the money second to none , very robust light , comfortable in the hands and great field of view .

Low light you will see all u want to see .

What rifle scope you using out of interest ?

Using a hawke sidewinder and thee minute. And I find it decent enough. Just trying to get something cheap enough that will do the job. Sick of using the ****e and dirt.

Well mate if ur using a hawk scope ul see more with the zeiss binos then ul ever see with the scope

I'll be honest the scope isn't letting me down at the min. Maybe if I get good binos I'll realise then.

What's the majority of people useing 8x or the 10x mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Johnny max

I.v the terra 8x42
    cant fault them great binos

• Advertisement

Think about the land ur normally hunting , my ground is all close nit fields , but I can park up a roads 1000m away and glass it with my 8x42 , but have offer regretted not buying the 10s for this reason , but when I'm on the permissions I find the. 8s perfect . If that make sence to ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Big Buck

I have the Steiner ranger pro in 10x42 and they are great, I really like them. I paid 450 for them 3years ago and they're worth every penny, they've served me well!

BUT, I have tried the terras and I must admit I think they are slightly better. The image is sharper and brighter, slightly but it is noticeable. I prefer the rubber cup type rain covers of the terras to the neoprene pull-over type of the steiners.

Basically I am happy with my binos but if I was to buy a new pair now I would go for the terras.

He I think I'll go 8x alright. I've noticed that looking with my 10x50's that I'm using now at the minute. Some times it can be to strong. For a lot of my ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kinelly

The steiners are good quality for the money but I cant compare to the terras as ive never seen them. I think it would be well worth looking through an 8x and a 10x side by side to see which you prefer. The shake you get through the 10x can be annoying when you have been lugging a rifle around for hours and have nothing to rest against. Thats my only fault in them

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

I will have a pair in Oct when my pal is back from the U.S the reviews are good so I can't wait to get my hands on them if the colour dont trouble you the blues ones are cheeper ;)

Advertisement